2019 Schedule, Early Assessment

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The last major home/home I can remember with a P5 (not FSU or scUM) was Syracuse in 1986 and 1991, and we know how the trip up there ended up. We had the great home/home with USC in the early 80's, when Wilbur had his coming out party at the expense of Sean Salisbury. We also had one with Rutgers, when they inexplicably tied us here.

Proof it can be done, and proof Foley was a pussy.

UGA is playing part two of a home/home with ND in Athens next, and have ones schedule in the next decade with Clemson, UCLA, and Texas. Proof it can be done with a rival ACC game.

All prior to 14 team SEC and 12 game regular season. C'mon man, at least try to keep up.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Mizzou and Kentucky are losing way too much, they'll both take a big step back next year. Plus we'll have the revenge factor on our side, no way we lose either of those games.

Exactly it is embarrassing to see UF fans call UK and UMo as potential toss up games. UF should always be favored and win 75% plus of the time against the likes of UK, UMo and Miss State.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Anything less than 9 should be seriously concerning.

To me what would be seriously concerning would be losing two or maybe even one game to the bottom feeders of the SEC again next year. I would be even more concerned if such loss or losses were at home. That would possibly be the start of a trend.

It does appear that next season is similar to this season in terms of schedule. The way I see it is that UF should beat, UT-Martin, at UK, Towsen, at SoCar, Vandy and at UMo for 6 sure wins. I think UF should also beat AU, FSU and UTn at home and Miami in Orlando to get to 10 wins. That leaves UGa and at LSU as the games that are toss ups. Split those two and go 12-1 and that should be the expectation this coming season, even if with a surprising player to two goes to the NFL early including one whose NFL stock might be at the peak it will ever be.

Overall I am where I was last year. 10 wins are the minimum a coach should get with this schedule. 12-1 is about par.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to need to catch a glimpse of the new OL in spring game at least before trying to imagine what the team will look like.

At least we know Hevesy can coach. No idea what our talent is going to look like at OT

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8/31 vs. Miami (Orlando)
9/7 UT-MARTIN
9/14 at Kentucky
9/21 TENNESSEE
9/28 TOWSON
10/5 AUBURN
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at South Carolina
10/26 bye
11/2 UGA (Jax)
11/9 VANDERBILT
11/16 at Missouri
11/23 bye
11/30 FLORIDA STATE

Three toss ups to LSU, Auburn and UGA. Probably lose one we should win somewhere.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
If we lose to the Dwags, we don’t stand much of a chance of getting to Atlanta. We’d have to pin our hopes on them losing to ATM in Athens and then the Barn at the Barn.

That's not unimaginable. Auburn and A&M will both be talented enough to give Kirby problems.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder how many actually go to away jobs, I support those pre games where we make a lot of money. Good point about how they are not the first two. I don't think coach has much input to who we play. I sort of liked playing other lesser florida schools. It helps them and travel costs are lower.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Agreed
and great to expand our recruiting reach

Do we really need or want to expand our recruiting reach, or rather get the best players in the south and a few that might be interested around the country. Now for say basketball expanding it would be a benefit.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
It irritates me a little that we continue to schedule two of those BS games each year. For crying out loud, at least make it a group of 5 team.

I think we have a legit chance to win them all with the exception of Georgia. We'd need a miracle. We could also easily drops games to LSU and Auburn. Most likely I think we split those and lose to Georgia. 10-2, with luck 11-1.
This is to you and all the others whining about the schedule.
1. Schedules are made years in advance. Mullen nor Stricklin had anything to do with our 2019 schedule.

2. Please name me a school that plays a yearly OOC team half as good as FSU traditionally is.

We play in the toughest conference with a tough annual OOC game. Yet that's not good enough?

Also, you guys picked THE absolute worst time to make this argument. Because on top of what I just mentioned we have to play UM. Honestly I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Every team plays cupcakes. We're not gonna play the best conference then play P5 teams the rest of the year. That's stupid. Now, if you're telling me that every team is going to do it, I'm fine with that. But until then, maybe you guys should check the total schedules of other teams. Some teams schedule tough OOC games because their conference games are the cupcakes. We don't have that problem.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
1. Do you seriously think anyone doesn't understand this? Really? This is a UAA gripe not a Mullen or Stricklin gripe.

2. That's one of our OOC games. I hate the other three because they typically offer nothing as far as fan value. At least give me three other group of five schools. Are you seriously going to say you rather see us sit through playing freaking Towson rather than say, Hawaii, Fresno State, Houston, USF or FAU? PS - scheduling Hawaii (away) allows you to schedule a 13th regular season game - so that seems like a win all the way around for the program.

Either you didn't read my post (and others) or you're making a strawman. Other than opener neutral site pay day games (like Miami next year or Michigan the year before this last one) I'm NOT saying we need to go out and schedule more P5 schools. I do think those games are excellent and would love to have them nearly every year. They are like getting a second bowl game as far as revenue and can build your program's profile by winning them. Bama is doing it on the regular and almost no one was saying they needed greater SOS playing in the West.

What you don't understand is this is not a strength of schedule argument. Our players and our fans would get far more out of beating up on a group of five team with a pulse than a FCS team that has dudes not fast enough to play DE here playing corner.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
1. Do you seriously think anyone doesn't understand this? Really? This is a UAA gripe not a Mullen or Stricklin gripe.

2. That's one of our OOC games. I hate the other three because they typically offer nothing as far as fan value. At least give me three other group of five schools. Are you seriously going to say you rather see us sit through playing freaking Towson rather than say, Hawaii, Fresno State, Houston, USF or FAU? PS - scheduling Hawaii (away) allows you to schedule a 13th regular season game - so that seems like a win all the way around for the program.

Either you didn't read my post (and others) or you're making a strawman. Other than opener neutral site pay day games (like Miami next year or Michigan the year before this last one) I'm NOT saying we need to go out and schedule more P5 schools. I do think those games are excellent and would love to have them nearly every year. They are like getting a second bowl game as far as revenue and can build your program's profile by winning them. Bama is doing it on the regular and almost no one was saying they needed greater SOS playing in the West.

What you don't understand is this is not a strength of schedule argument. Our players and our fans would get far more out of beating up on a group of five team with a pulse than a FCS team that has dudes not fast enough to play DE here playing corner.
Would you be happier if our 2019 schedule included a neutral site game against Duke and home games with New Mexico State, Southern Miss and Western Carolina? That's what Bama is doing. Seems games against Miami, Florida State and two cupcakes is much better to me.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Would you be happier if our 2019 schedule included a neutral site game against Duke and home games with New Mexico State, Southern Miss and Western Carolina? That's what Bama is doing. Seems games against Miami, Florida State and two cupcakes is much better to me.

You act like it's a binary decision. I want quality football games that don't hurt our program financially. The best way to get that is try to get an early season game against a bigger named (or at least power 5 opponent) for a pay day and then two group of 5 games. I'd rather be watching a team that has actually made it to a bowl game this decade come to town than guys whose travel per diem is all the Great Value brand balony sandwiches they can eat made with love from the team mom.

I see no difference between Towson and Fresno State. If that’s what ur clamoring for all I can say is who gives a shyt.

Well, Fresno State is a FBS team that just won their conference and a bowl game and is in the top 25 of nearly every power rankings list, and Towson is a 7-6 FCS team that lost by 30 to ACC doormat Wake Forest last year...but other than that - yeah, no difference.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I see no difference between Towson and Fresno State. If that’s what ur clamoring for all I can say is who gives a shyt.

Fresno State had a pretty stout squad this year, 12-2, pounded the living hell out of mighty Chip Kelly at UCLA, won their conference title at Boise on the smurf turf, and beat "You Play To Win The Game" in their bowl, and will finish ranked in the top 20.

But yes, Towson, an FCS .500 squad, is equal.

At least in 2020, we only have one FCS on the slate, Eastern Washington, no doubt, at the request of Old Hee Haw. We also play FSU, South Alabama (look out Mullen), and New Mexico State. One FCS game is more than enough.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
This is to you and all the others whining about the schedule.
1. Schedules are made years in advance. Mullen nor Stricklin had anything to do with our 2019 schedule.

2. Please name me a school that plays a yearly OOC team half as good as FSU traditionally is.

We play in the toughest conference with a tough annual OOC game. Yet that's not good enough?

Also, you guys picked THE absolute worst time to make this argument. Because on top of what I just mentioned we have to play UM. Honestly I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Every team plays cupcakes. We're not gonna play the best conference then play P5 teams the rest of the year. That's stupid. Now, if you're telling me that every team is going to do it, I'm fine with that. But until then, maybe you guys should check the total schedules of other teams. Some teams schedule tough OOC games because their conference games are the cupcakes. We don't have that problem.
Relax chief. Its more a bytch about the likes of the Townson’s coming in.
Do we really need or want to expand our recruiting reach, or rather get the best players in the south and a few that might be interested around the country. Now for say basketball expanding it would be a benefit.
Yes we need to expand our recruiting reach. We need to do everything we can to climb back on top of the mountain. Alabama has 70+ players from outside their state. What is that 50% of their roster, or more! Townson adds no value to the program. Its less than an inter-squad scrimmage. Let us not be afraid to play the toughest schedule. Let us not be afraid to travel north or west once every couple years to beat down a Texas, West Virginia or a Boston College. Let them come to the Swamp for a beating too. These cupcake games just plain suck a$$.

djdlp

Sep 4, 2018
Need to know what time the LSU game is,because if its at night. That crazy black magic voodoo comes out at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator