Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I just looked at the 247 profile. Those were the teams listed on the profile page. Maybe they’re in alphabetical order?

Either way... there’s a reason he’s barely a top 500 player and the 70th ranked kid in Florida. Maybe it’ll work out at QB but I’d wager he ends up somewhere else- like Jordan reed.

You looked at their 247 page? Try doing real research like reading the beat writers that cover psu recruiting. That’s where I got my info. And Seider is one of AR’s primary recruiters. They aren’t sending him unless he is a top target.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’m happy with the EJs of the world - grabbing kids like that eventually works out. Jalon too - maybe in a down year. AR is a serious reach as a primary target. He’s the guy you take as a second option after you land the top kid. If he develops - great! If not, he becomes Jordan Reed - great!
I’d be Ok with him turning into Jordan Reed.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These guys did this shyt every weekend last year and nothing happened but posting it regardless

When he tweets “patience” he means expect a commit soon. He did that the other day for AR and he has done it again today. But there’s a difference between a patience tweet from him and the ones he tweets like you mentioned last year. Some of those cryptic tweets just mean an unexpected visitor or something along those lines. You just misinterpret his stuff most of the time

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
While we debate ARs skillset as a QB, I am just glad he is back in the fold after Beck's fiasco. With the old staff he would be a bust, with the new staff he really fits nicely into Mullinzes offense, and this staff actually can develop players. Guy in our backyard and being recruited by PSU with a decent offer list should never escape our class.

Staff still seems to have a hard time landing any consensus 5 stars or obvious game changers.

When he tweets “patience” he means expect a commit soon. He did that the other day for AR and he has done it again today. But there’s a difference between a patience tweet from him and the ones he tweets like you mentioned last year. Some of those cryptic tweets just mean an unexpected visitor or something along those lines. You just misinterpret his stuff most of the time

How about they start speaking English and say outright "I expect a commitment soon" or "Unexpected visitor showed up"? Too much to ask?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While we debate ARs skillset as a QB, I am just glad he is back in the fold after Beck's fiasco. With the old staff he would be a bust, with the new staff he really fits nicely into Mullinzes offense, and this staff actually can develop players. Guy in our backyard and being recruited by PSU with a decent offer list should never escape our class.

Staff still seems to have a hard time landing any consensus 5 stars or obvious game changers.

How about they start speaking English and say outright "I expect a commitment soon" or "Unexpected visitor showed up"? Too much to ask?

He runs his own pay site so he saves that for the board not Twitter for free

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We all knew ar was going to commit though, he basically said it himself. When a kid commits, he tweets “not done...” and then nobody else commits. He tweets eye emojis and hour glass emojis and nothing happens and that’s not anybody’s fault but his for it being “misinterpreted”. He and his buddy heisman are the worst offenders of it. Although I like Higdon. But yes he is a recruiting insider and when he hints like this, it will only be interpreted as one thing

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We all knew ar was going to commit though, he basically said it himself. When a kid commits, he tweets “not done...” and then nobody else commits. He tweets eye emojis and hour glass emojis and nothing happens and that’s not anybody’s fault but his for it being “misinterpreted”. He and his buddy heisman are the worst offenders of it. Although I like Higdon. But yes he is a recruiting insider and when he hints like this, it will only be interpreted as one thing

I’ve seen it plenty of times where his tweets are for a surprise visitor and not a commit. Not every cryptic tweet is a commit...

But the one today is...we’ll see if and when someone goes public

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’ve seen it plenty of times where his tweets are for a surprise visitor and not a commit. Not every cryptic tweet is a commit...

But the one today is...we’ll see if and when someone goes public
Sorry but this is a bogus excuse. There’s nothing to be criptic about when it comes to a visit. Literally nothing. Say it because somebody else will. There’s nothing stopping him from saying “surprise visit. Read more here”. He stirs the pot on twitter and is vague on purpose

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You looked at their 247 page? Try doing real research like reading the beat writers that cover psu recruiting. That’s where I got my info. And Seider is one of AR’s primary recruiters. They aren’t sending him unless he is a top target.
And I read the articles. PSU was the only team with an offense that fit his skills. But he hadn’t visited there and cancelled his visit after recommitting. It’s possible PSU told him the same thing we told Toney: “sure we’ll give you a shot at QB.” I’d bet we were the only team that truly committed to him being a QB.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry but this is a bogus excuse. There’s nothing to be criptic about when it comes to a visit. Literally nothing. Say it because somebody else will. There’s nothing stopping him from saying “surprise visit. Read more here”. He stirs the pot on twitter and is vague on purpose

If a kid tells him they are coming but says don’t make it public is a good reason. But yeah the Twitter stuff is basically clickbait to get people to pay for membership

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If a kid tells him they are coming but says don’t make it public is a good reason. But yeah the Twitter stuff is basically clickbait to get people to pay for membership

What of the talk that he's recruiting other good players to be Gators?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Corey_Bender: BREAKING: Dan Mullen and the #Gators reel in another #Rivals250 prospect, this time cornerback Avery Helm. What is #UF getting with the Lone Star State DB? We answer that question and more in the @GatorsTerritory Film Room. ---> GatorsTerritory.com - Rivals250 CB Avery Helm finds no reason to wait, teams up with Florida @Rivals

My favorite part of that article:

Helm, a product of Missouri City (Texas) Marshall, is equipped with additional offers from Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss and Tennessee among others.

Looks like he was targeted by Gray.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In case you all didn’t read his scouting report from that link:

SCOUTING REPORT:
Helm checks in with intriguing size and length, but is also fluid with a quick-twitch for a cornerback of his stature. He showcases a disciplined brand of football by really locking in and rarely falling for double-moves, and is accustomed to being thrown out on an island as well.

You also have to take notice of Helm's awareness down the field. Staying in the receiver's back pocket is always the top priority, but he does a nice job of making himself available by swinging his head around as well. Hands and concentration in traffic should be an area of focus moving forward, but Helm is a pesky defender overall.

The same goes for underthrown passes, with Helm typically stopping on a dime, adjusting and then getting vertical. Helm recorded three interceptions in 2018, but that number could have been higher as well. However, the main objective is to prevent a completed pass, and more often than not, Helm came out on the winning side of those battles.

Given his size, Helm does a good job of sinking his hips and operating with decent technique. He shows the ability to read and react by flipping his hips, but can loosen up there and work on body control as well. Helm also flashes choppy feet and shows the ability to burst out of his backpedal for a bigger cornerback.

Helm can be more physical when chipping in with run support, especially when disengaging off blocks, but shows no problem getting his nose dirty once engaging the ball carrier. Scooting back to safety is a possibility as well, so there is some versatility with Helm.

This young man is a headache for four quarters and rarely gives his opponents breathing room, but there is room for growth as well. Cornerbacks with prototypical size are coveted in today's day and age of college football, and Helm certainly checks off that box.

Stay tuned to GatorsTerritory.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Helm visited UF earlier this off-season, for Junior Day. This commit was kind of out of nowhere. He hasn't been offered by Texas or Texas A&M either. He tore his ACL in December in the Texas state HS playoffs. Good pick up, but he was sort of down our CB board. Hopefully we get one or two of the Florida kids in this class (we're expected to take 2 CBs, so this is one down).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Helm visited UF earlier this off-season, for Junior Day. This commit was kind of out of nowhere. He hasn't been offered by Texas or Texas A&M either. He tore his ACL in December in the Texas state HS playoffs. Good pick up, but he was sort of down our CB board. Hopefully we get one or two of the Florida kids in this class (we're expected to take 2 CBs, so this is one down).

Where did you get he was down? I thought he was being personally targeted by Torrian Gray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator