Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
As for safeties, at this point you wonder if it's not a failure to take safeties, it is the plan. Just take a bunch of CBs and move some to safety?

Avantae Williams is visiting again for the O&B game. He's an Oregon commit and UF seems to feel really good about flipping him (he's a top 50 recruit and #3 safety in the class - close to a 5-star). He's a HS teammate of Dionte Marks (2019 UF WR signee). He was previously committed to Miami...so we'd be his third commitment if he flips.

Avantae Williams 6' 175lbs, 4-star Athlete/Safety:

Avantae Williams, 2020 Athlete - Rivals

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I want to see Mullen on the trail like ...
Pancake-Flipping-Pro.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As far as DL goes, we already got two heavy guys (Dexter and Brown) .
250 is "heavy" now? It is only 5 pounds more than a real middle linebacker.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's nice to see our numbers ...both quantity and quality up ...early on

Shure beats the Butter Churn, "It's okay, and we’ll just take what they don't want"

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Avantae Williams is visiting again for the O&B game. He's an Oregon commit and UF seems to feel really good about flipping him (he's a top 50 recruit and #3 safety in the class - close to a 5-star). He's a HS teammate of Dionte Marks (2019 UF WR signee). He was previously committed to Miami...so we'd be his third commitment if he flips.

Avantae Williams 6' 175lbs, 4-star Athlete/Safety:

Avantae Williams, 2020 Athlete - Rivals
Think he has a kid too. So either proximity works out for us, or money wins out for someone else

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
News is Clemson wasn't able to close on Bowman and hes attending the spring game this weekend, think we eventually lock him up and hes the class jewel but its neck and neck.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please, he was the primary pushing the "June will be HUGE" bs last year. I guess it was huge, we lost several recruits.

Im sure he is just echoing what the staff told him, but they were just incredibly wrong.
Yep...back when the Cali connection was all in for UF and so was that TE (from i think Illinois Billingsley?) and they all told the staff they were coming but didn't. The TE visited bama and was hooked and the Cali guys all went west coast...except for Steele that ended up back here. Our coaches wasted a lot of tim
Think he has a kid too. So either proximity works out for us, or money wins out for someone else
He does which makes it seem like going to Oregon is a very odd move if he were to stick with them. I think he stays closer to home and appears we have a good shot if he keeps showing up to campus

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He does which makes it seem like going to Oregon is a very odd move if he were to stick with them. I think he stays closer to home and appears we have a good shot if he keeps showing up to campus
Oregon could have been pre-baby. I know everyone bitches about the money angle, but it’s real. Plus Spiller has a kid and took off to Clemson, so the proximity thing is nice but not sure if it’s enough

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
News is Clemson wasn't able to close on Bowman and hes attending the spring game this weekend, think we eventually lock him up and hes the class jewel but its neck and neck.

He's not attending our spring game....he's taking the SAT test this weekend.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oregon could have been pre-baby. I know everyone *****es about the money angle, but it’s real. Plus Spiller has a kid and took off to Clemson, so the proximity thing is nice but not sure if it’s enough
True...but going to Clemson from Florida is far different than going to Eugene, OR. That is a long trip and not that easy to get to. The kid seems to be a wild card though so who knows.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Donk , is this a good one??

Mike Espy (@ESPN3ALLDAY) tweeted at 7:39 PM on Mon, Apr 08, 2019:
Congratulations class of 2020 DT @MontraEdwards5 for receiving an offer from @GatorsFB #Gators Mike Espy on Twitter
()

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Totally agree w/ you Law - that's why I said in my post "you know how this works". I think the staff identified 9 to 10 CB's, ranked them....and after some commits/leans elsewhere felt good about taking one off the board (vs. a Plan B that wasn't on the initial board). Looks like Fred Davis is going to commit to Clemson today, so that's another off the board. We'll be fine at CB, we always are (w/ the exception of Williamson).

We have one safety (Torrence) and need at least one more. I think we'll land one of this group:

Javier Morton, Avantae Williams, Major Burns, Derek Bermudez, Trenton Yowe, Brian Branch, Lejond Cavazos, .

As far as DL goes, we already got two heavy guys (Dexter and Brown) - we need at least one more, hopefully two. We seem to be in good shape. Other than Chantz Williams I don't want to see another "edge/ILB" guy at all.
I think I'd prefer a guy named Major Burns playing WR, not S

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Where are you seeing this? I've seen on two other sites he's not going to be in Gainesville for the O&B game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.