Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just read this article. I have no idea how we're having trouble selling the top DT prospects on our situation. We have immediate playing time available and it's not like we don't put DTs into the nfl.
It's because we play DEs at DT and OLBs at DE. Hell, I wont be surprised if we play OLB Greenard at DT some this year.

Once Choker leaves, we will be screwed trying to adapt to a normal scheme. Until then, blitz heavy and just take our lumps vs the run.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

Scheme and the bad recruiters are keeping away top level DTs? We still have a history of putting kids into the league. Taven Bryan got in for God's sake. We still should be able to sell this spot to high level talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scheme and the bad recruiters are keeping away top level DTs? We still have a history of putting kids into the league. Taven Bryan got in for God's sake. We still should be able to sell this spot to high level talent.
And yet....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Polite is struggling in part because people asked him what he was doing or could do to fix the holes in his game, run defense and pass coverage. (He must move back to OLB in the pro's, being only 240 lbs.) Apparently scouts viewed his responses as arrogant and/or lacking self understanding.

All of our undersized wunderrushers will likely have the same problem when it comes to the draft. You can't be a one trick pony in the NFL.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Problem is that we do not recruit it. If you look at our DT recruiting board, there’s nobody on it.

This staff, for whatever reason, does not recruit DTs. Maybe it’s because they shift SDE to DT as they need them? I’m just not sure how we would fare against a power running team with a traditional RB attack. Maybe because offenses are moving away from that to shiftiest playmakers in space as well as QB running offenses which need faster, mobile defenders.

To me you always need large space eaters to clog up holes directly up the gut.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Clemson gets a verbal from DE Bryan Breese, the #1 ranked recruit...and moves ahead of Alabama for the #1 ranked class. The rich get richer.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yeah, I think we take a minimum of 4....and we got to hope one of the one's we took last year can become a SDE (but will need A LOT of weight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator