Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know who is messing w the title, but we are ranked #9 currently w 9 4* and 9 3*,

We are already about the same as the last class (adjusted) btw, and we have no questionable kids this time.

If we continue at this rate and finish with 12 &12 we will probably finish 12-14th, far better tham the #21for adjusted last class would have been.

Still no where close to competing w the elite teams though, but we knew we did not hire a much of a recruiter.

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Beef is better especially given the risk in a kid from Washington. He's probably going to Oregon.

Why is it so difficult for us to recruit from that far when other programs recruit Fl constantly and have no trouble keeping them? Oregon's current top recruit is from Deland...

*checks position*

ah.... safety..... fvvking Ron English...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ah.... safety..... fvvking Ron English...

And yet somehow he makes more than Christian Robinson, who seems to be one of our better recruiters.

Robinson's coaching is a to be determined until they get some LBs who are faster than our linemen.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I dont know who is messing w the title, but we are ranked #9 currently w 9 4* and 9 3*,

We are already about the same as the last class (adjusted) btw, and we have no questionable kids this time.

If we continue at this rate and finish with 12 &12 we will probably finish 12-14th, far better tham the #21for adjusted last class would have been.

Still no where close to competing w the elite teams though, but we knew we did not hire a much of a recruiter.
How do we have 9 and 9 with only 17 commitments?

There will be further attrition and the board that we know of right now is only blue chippers remaining. Anthony Richardson will be a 4 star, and J Johnson will be dropped. Think we’ll be around the 18-19 blue chipper mark again like last year.

Feel semi good with ending with 2 five stars too.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
How do we have 9 and 9 with only 17 commitments?

There will be further attrition and the board that we know of right now is only blue chippers remaining. Anthony Richardson will be a 4 star, and J Johnson will be dropped. Think we’ll be around the 18-19 blue chipper mark again like last year.

Feel semi good with ending with 2 five stars too.

We’re still in on Flowers, Smalls, Henderson, Williams, and Lee. 5 top 100 players.

Gervon is top 100 already so if we pull in three of the players above we get 4 who are currently in that group.

If Manuel stays/makes it we have 5.

Smalls is visiting and listening to the staff, Henderson is a legacy, and it seems like it’s our decision on Williams so let’s see how it plays......

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Slev said this last year too. he always feels good about us landing all the remaining five stars in the country.

Despite some recent wavering, Slev is still the Lost Boys Sax Man of the board.

giphy.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What’s “semi good” to you? 60-40? 70-30?
Asking for a friend. (It should go without saying of course that I hope you are correct.)
60-40. If Gervon gets his bump and we don’t drop a massive turd on the field and bowman visits multiple times like some assume id say there’s a chance there. I know Swonkey can’t read so that’s not me guaranteeing anything. I’m just throwing my opinion out there. Obviously a ton of things have to happen but those are the two ones with the best chance to get us 5 stars back on campus.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
60-40. If Gervon gets his bump and we don’t drop a massive turd on the field and bowman visits multiple times like some assume id say there’s a chance there. I know Swonkey can’t read so that’s not me guaranteeing anything. I’m just throwing my opinion out there. Obviously a ton of things have to happen but those are the two ones with the best chance to get us 5 stars back on campus.
You would have gotten a like just for the Swonk comment alone.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So here's some stats from the Rivals top 100
LSU - 8
Clemson - 8
OSU - 7
Notre Dame - 5
Georgia - 4
Bama - 3 (surprising low)
Kentucky - 2
Miami - 2
Florida -1 (barely - Gervon Dexter is #98)

I'm not buying any playoffs tickets just yet.
I wanted to come back and visit this list and drop a few thoughts.
First and foremost The Cookie Monster is not smart enough to cheat that well and will soon have LSU on NCAA probation...:lol2:
Second we should never.....and I mean EVER be behind Kentucky in number of top 100 players....

We can spin it anyway we want and pat ourselves on the back for being #9 in recruiting rankings but if we're going to see the playoffs in the next 2 or 3 years we have to find a couple of difference makers(2 or 3 top 50 players). I like the structure of our recruiting(position numbers) but lets get real getting past UGA and the West champion ain't going to happen with this roster.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I wanted to come back and visit this list and drop a few thoughts.
First and foremost The Cookie Monster is not smart enough to cheat that well and will soon have LSU on NCAA probation...:lol2:
Second we should never.....and I mean EVER be behind Kentucky in number of top 100 players....

We can spin it anyway we want and pat ourselves on the back for being #9 in recruiting rankings but if we're going to see the playoffs in the next 2 or 3 years we have to find a couple of difference makers(2 or 3 top 50 players). I like the structure of our recruiting(position numbers) but lets get real getting past UGA and the West champion ain't going to happen with this roster.
Couldn't have said it better. I don't care how well we do next year I don't think anything is changing recruiting wise until changes are made on the staff and facilities are built. We just have to hope other teams don't pull even further ahead like they are in this class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Slevin - any word on the JUCO WR in the Rivals article? With this disaster of a 2019 class, plus the losses from the 2018 class already, we will likely need to add a DL, WR, and possibly an OL & DB in the transfer market (either JUCO, regular or grad transfer).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
all the decent jucos signed in jan.

you mean for the next class?

Yeah, the 2020 class.

We've lost 5? from the 2019 class...and we've lost at least 3 from the 2018 class (Langham, Watkins, and Banks), so we probably need to add some transfers/JUCO's for roster balance and to hopefully contribute.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
@Slevin - any word on the JUCO WR in the Rivals article? With this disaster of a 2019 class, plus the losses from the 2018 class already, we will likely need to add a DL, WR, and possibly an OL & DB in the transfer market (either JUCO, regular or grad transfer).
Malik Heath who was in that class during Mullen’s transition class, top 250 rivals, is planning on visiting in September. Gonzalez and Johnson talks to him every day and Mullen every other day. Seems to be between MSU (committed to Mullen) and Florida. Get him on campus and things could get smoking. The staff clearly likes the kids talents a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator