Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We're gonna spunk the 'canes in oh-town. We're gonna spunk the puppies in j'ville and we're gonna spunk all over Saban's head in hot-lanta.
Then we'll just have to dry hump it through the playoffs.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
2228.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Could have easily posted this in the "FSU is in Shambles" thread. Fifth in spending and these are their results?
On another note, I am suspicious as to the methodology on this because I find it hard to believe ten schools are outspending Bama.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Could have easily posted this in the "FSU is in Shambles" thread. Fifth in spending and these are their results?
On another note, I am suspicious as to the methodology on this because I find it hard to believe ten schools are outspending Bama.

I edited the post....it appears schools in Alabama don't have to report this info, same w/ Tennessee. UF is 11th on the list of schools who reported, but more like closer to 15-20th overall when you add in the schools that did not report. Regardless, there's no excuse to allow UGA to more than double us up in spending (and seeing the results they're getting).

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I edited the post....it appears schools in Alabama don't have to report this info, same w/ Tennessee. UF is 11th on the list of schools who reported, but more like closer to 15-20th overall when you add in the schools that did not report. Regardless, there's no excuse to allow UGA to more than double us up in spending (and seeing the results they're getting).
That explains it. Interesting that state schools don't have to account more precisely how they spend their money. Not the least bit surprised to see where we rank in this area. We certainly don't want to get into an arms race or anything.......

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

And this is the reported budget not soft forms of money, like was hinted was going on at Clemson by the basketball coach there. In reality it isn't even as close as this chart.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

These results?

upload_2019-8-2_11-34-9.jpeg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
These results?

I know we joke about that, but they did win the SEC just 2 years ago and they do give out a nice big trophy for that. Also, their classes are sick - you can't deny that or you're among the many here who love to whistle past the graveyard. I know you're a major homer, so I get it. But to allow our rival to stomp our asses on the recruiting trail - in part because we don't want to give our coach the resources to keep up - is inexcusable. But homer away....

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I know we joke about that, but they did win the SEC just 2 years ago and they do give out a nice big trophy for that. Also, their classes are sick - you can't deny that or you're among the many here who love to whistle past the graveyard. I know you're a major homer, so I get it. But to allow our rival to stomp our asses on the recruiting trail - in part because we don't want to give our coach the resources to keep up - is inexcusable. But homer away....
Well we talk because there is a 50/50 chance we win this year... They should be better than they are for their recruiting ranking and we are better than we should for our ranking.

Still your premise is right. We need to recruit at the level they are. We do we start talking Dynasty.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Alabama, Auburn, ND, Tennessee and a few other schools do not have to disclose this info...

UF spent $1,155,000 in 2018.

A look at UF's expenditures on football recruiting

So, we sit at 12th-15th, exactly where our current recruiting class sits and about where our average class has been for years.

This doesn’t even include facility spending that is essentially recruiting dollars.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, we sit at 12th-15th, exactly where our current recruiting class sits and about where our average class has been for years.

This doesn’t even include facility spending that is essentially recruiting dollars.

I'm guessing we're closer to 15 to 18 after you add Auburn, Alabama, Tenn, and ND. Tennessee has always had a higher budget due to having to recruit well outside of the state (not enough talent in the state to fill the roster) and ND is in a similar situation. I'm curious how that budget is calculated; is it recruiting "expenses" or does it include the salaries for the recruiting staff? If it's just expenses, it's logical that Florida schools wouldn't have to spend as much (paying for a kid to drive from Ocala or Tampa vs. flying them in, etc).

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

Interesting that how much we spend directly correlates to the recruiting rankings. We spend around 15th and end up around 15th.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Thought we finished Tied for 7th with UGA last year.

Georgia had the #1 class in the country last year per Rivals (2nd in 247). We were 8th (9th in 247) before we lost Steele, Jones, Black, Hammond, Wilson and Henderson. I know our concern over losing so many players was fake news because Dionte Marks made it in and all, but this showed our 8th spot was based on lesser/riskier prospects (either due to distance, character or grades). Remember that by all accounts Zipperer and Summerall were also grade risks, we were just on the lucky side of those. Hopefully, they don't burn out of school as early transfers as a result.

Accounting for the rapid, mass attrition, we end up about where our spending ends up, the low to mid-teens. Calling BMF or I stoned over this is the ultimate burying your head in the sand reaction. "Recruiting website bias" is not the full explanation for these discrepancies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Georgia had the #1 class in the country last year per Rivals (2nd in 247). We were 8th (9th in 247) before we lost Steele, Jones, Black, Hammond, Wilson and Henderson. I know our concern over losing so many players was fake news because Dionte Marks made it in and all, but this showed our 8th spot was based on lesser/riskier prospects (either due to distance, character or grades). Remember that by all accounts Zipperer and Summerall were also grade risks, we were just on the lucky side of those. Hopefully, they don't burn out of school as early transfers as a result.

Accounting for the rapid, mass attrition, we end up about where our spending ends up, the low to mid-teens. Calling BMF or I stoned over this is the ultimate burying your head in the sand reaction. "Recruiting website bias" is not the full explanation for these discrepancies.

He's a homer. That's how all of his posts are. If you aren't pumping sunshine he's not happy. He still has Butters dick taste in his mouth.....

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Thought we finished Tied for 7th with UGA last year.

We finished tied with uga in the final rankings for the 2018 season (I believe the AP poll) not the recruiting rankings.

Uga has been pushing our $hit in with recruiting rankings since 2014. Hopefully after Mullen drops his dick on Kirby's forehead this year recruits take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator