Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I can see that too. They have to recruit well outside of Nebraska to pull in talent, the travel costs are way more than what we (should) have to spend (unless we're wasting time in California and other states we rarely pull a kid from). But, either way our budget should resemble our main rivals budgets.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'm guessing we're closer to 15 to 18 after you add Auburn, Alabama, Tenn, and ND. Tennessee has always had a higher budget due to having to recruit well outside of the state (not enough talent in the state to fill the roster) and ND is in a similar situation. I'm curious how that budget is calculated; is it recruiting "expenses" or does it include the salaries for the recruiting staff? If it's just expenses, it's logical that Florida schools wouldn't have to spend as much (paying for a kid to drive from Ocala or Tampa vs. flying them in, etc).
I'd bet it's expenses. Ugly is recruiting nationally so there is probably a lot of travel criss-crossing the country. If it included salaries etc., they'd barely have enough to go to Atlanta.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Nebraska has a ton of money, no shame in them outspending us. The B10 pays out as much or more than the SEC. But I agree, we should be keeping up w/ what our main rivals are spending.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know we joke about that, but they did win the SEC just 2 years ago and they do give out a nice big trophy for that. Also, their classes are sick - you can't deny that or you're among the many here who love to whistle past the graveyard. I know you're a major homer, so I get it. But to allow our rival to stomp our asses on the recruiting trail - in part because we don't want to give our coach the resources to keep up - is inexcusable. But homer away....
Mullinz didnt win shyt and had a losing conference record at Cowbell bc he couldnt land talent. Now that he cant land talent here, he doesnt need talent to win bc he gon coach'em up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We finished tied with uga in the final rankings for the 2018 season (I believe the AP poll) not the recruiting rankings.

Uga has been pushing our $hit in with recruiting rankings since 2014. Hopefully after Mullen drops his dick on Kirby's forehead this year recruits take notice.
Theyve also been pushing our shyt on the football field, maybe even twice a year bc Im told the Mizzu loss was just Ugly beating us again...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its sickening that we only spend about half of what ga spends. We have fallen so far behind in everything its not even funny.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Mullinz didnt win shyt and had a losing conference record at Cowbell bc he couldnt land talent. Now that he cant land talent here, he doesnt need talent to win bc he gon coach'em up.
I don’t care how good of a recruiter you are, NOBODY wants to go to Starkville when the traditional powers are recruiting you as well. So the “he couldn’t recruit at MISSISSIPPI STATE!!!!!!!” argument sucks massive dick

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

This post is exactly on point to the extent it is pointing out the always spinning pumpers’ take to explain away any deficiency of the current UF coach, even if that coach is a disaster like the last two and it could be seen in the early stages of their tenure (we are not there yet on Mullen, though recruiting is concerning).

But, it’s also not true that Mullen at MSU recruited anywhere near what he or even the sharkhumper did over any 4-5 year period at UF. He did outperform a lot of his class rankings at MSU. The problem is that it’s much tougher to drastically outperform your recruiting in the top 10 than it is around 35-60 in the recruiting rankings.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Theyve also been pushing our shyt on the football field, maybe even twice a year bc Im told the Mizzu loss was just Ugly beating us again...

That beat down we received butters last year should have counted for 2 or 3 loses.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
5 star Rb Bijan Robinson just committed to Texas. I would kill for us to land a 5 star RB. Can we get one ever? That would he nice. Taylor doesn't count. I want a legit 5star phenom RB. I really like Pierce a lot. Perine and Davis are impressive at times and I'm happy they're Gators. I just miss the days of landing big time kids.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

You'd think this fact would make our administers feel shame.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We finished tied with uga in the final rankings for the 2018 season (I believe the AP poll) not the recruiting rankings.

Uga has been pushing our $hit in with recruiting rankings since 2014. Hopefully after Mullen drops his dick on Kirby's forehead this year recruits take notice.

Very descriptive post. I applaud you. :thumbup:

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I’m simply talking about the general idea on this board that Mullen is a bad recruiter. Or people using his record at miss st against him. It’s unfair to use either of those arguments against him based off of his history at that particular school (even though he’s probably the best coach in that schools history) I’m not accusing him of being a great of a recruiter by any means. But I’m willing to give him more than 2 recruiting cycles to make a judgment

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’m simply talking about the general idea on this board that Mullen is a bad recruiter. Or people using his record at miss st against him. It’s unfair to use either of those arguments against him based off of his history at that particular school (even though he’s probably the best coach in that schools history) I’m not accusing him of being a great of a recruiter by any means. But I’m willing to give him more than 2 recruiting cycles to make a judgment
2 cycles is plenty enough to see hes a mediocre recruiter

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Dude. I go out for dinner and this place turns into Lord of the Flies. What is happening? I don't see where any of our targets went somewhere else. Joseph is still in play correct? Damn guys you've got me rolling over here.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.