Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So from what I’ve gathered sounds like Cox was promised a starting position to get his pledge. Then Kirby went out and promised Nolan Smith the same thing and Nolan took his spot during the first few practices. So Cox said fvkk this I’m out. Sounds more like Kirby being a pos and lying to kids the way he did the other transfers more than anything.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
So from what I’ve gathered sounds like Cox was promised a starting position to get his pledge. Then Kirby went out and promised Nolan Smith the same thing and Nolan took his spot during the first few practices. So Cox said fvkk this I’m out. Sounds more like Kirby being a pos and lying to kids the way he did the other transfers more than anything.

It does sound like it is becoming something of a theme, doesn't it? A program that is riding the wave of momentum promises you that you're walking on campus day one as the starter. Kids should know better but it's quite a lure.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
It does sound like it is becoming something of a theme, doesn't it? A program that is riding the wave of momentum promises you that you're walking on campus day one as the starter. Kids should know better but it's quite a lure.
Not sure how someone can look at their roster and think I'm starting day 1 guaranteed.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So what lies are we telling to get him to come to Gainesville?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Is the transformation to Cowbell complete yet? Or not until we take a dozen jucos every class?

You make jokes about it ... but the truth of the matter is, it is exactly who we are right now. And to be honest, its a whole lot better than 2 years ago. MSU is a team in a crappy place that is really hard to recruit at and surrounded by teams that have it easier to recruit. They are a team that at best will have a good year with a big win over one of those teams but will probably never ever realistically get a ring of any sort except winning the Liberty Bowl type crap.

We are coming out of a 10 year Foley imposed death spiral. During that time, the culture at UF changed a lot. Losing is ok and the norm. We have a UAA that could care less and probably give the same amount of support to football as the MSU UAA. We have facilities on par with MSU. During that 10 year dive, UGA finally got their crap together and part of that is directly because we sucked.

So ... the reality is ... we have to scrape and claw our way back up. Im sick of hearing a bunch of you guys talk about "We are transfer U" ... "We are 3* U" ... "We are Juco U" ... as if we have any other choice at the moment. Then when we get a chance at a 5* you guys cry like its horrible because they are a transfer or JUCO. I could care less ... sign their arses up, give them a locker in our carpet squared drop ceiling asbestos filled locker room and get them out there.

Fact is ... the 3 nattys we got mean nothing at the present moment no matter how you remember the glory years. We have to take what we can get to get back up there. Once we are up there ... then we can talk about being more selective with who we recruit and take less risks. If Cox comes here and is a problem, boot his arse out ... no loss to us.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
With regards to Cox, I’m not sure at this stage he’s any different than a possible character concern recruit, which we take all the time. His enrollment in uga isn’t ideal, but unfortunately I think this is the new reality. I’ve been adamant about how bad the portal and easing of transfer rules is for college football. To me, if you sign as a bulldog, you’re a bulldog, not a Gator. If you sign as a Gator, you’re a Gator, not a Trojan. Or you go to FCS.

But it’s here. And it’s going to burn us(as it has). So if we assume some moral high ground and insist that we want nothing to do with it, we’ll simply be left behind as other teams fill positions of need and we just watch our roster leave at will.

I don’t like it, but there’s no way we can not play this game unfortunately, regardless of where he’s been. If we land him, run him through a car wash, dip him in Lake Alice, and give him a flea collar. If nothing else, he’ll want more than anything to stomp his former team in Jax, a mindset we need.

An unflinching recitation of the facts as they stand in CFB today. The only caveat I have is for crimes of violence, particularly against women. If they're garden variety "maturity issues", fine, we should be reasonable and keep an open mind. But if there's a history of actual thuggery or serious "female problems," absolutely, positively not. I'm personally worried about the Huggins situation. It's not a good look at this point in time - to say the least. We don't need the grief of continuing thuggery issues and if the guy actually is a problem, he should go. "Were they charged with a crime?" should not be the only criterion for being a Gator in good standing. We can't afford to be Boy Scouts in the modern CFB world, but being Ali Baba and his forty thieves ain't too cool either.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Not sure how someone can look at their roster and think I'm starting day 1 guaranteed.
I think that's the rub. The HC is looking you in the eyes and telling you're the guy...not two years from now...right now. It is a tactic that I'm sure has been used by everyone at some point - the problem is that now it is so much easier to transfer than in years gone by and any whiff of a scandal will get you a waiver.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You make jokes about it ... but the truth of the matter is, it is exactly who we are right now. And to be honest, its a whole lot better than 2 years ago. MSU is a team in a crappy place that is really hard to recruit at and surrounded by teams that have it easier to recruit. They are a team that at best will have a good year with a big win over one of those teams but will probably never ever realistically get a ring of any sort except winning the Liberty Bowl type crap.

We are coming out of a 10 year Foley imposed death spiral. During that time, the culture at UF changed a lot. Losing is ok and the norm. We have a UAA that could care less and probably give the same amount of support to football as the MSU UAA. We have facilities on par with MSU. During that 10 year dive, UGA finally got their crap together and part of that is directly because we sucked.

So ... the reality is ... we have to scrape and claw our way back up. Im sick of hearing a bunch of you guys talk about "We are transfer U" ... "We are 3* U" ... "We are Juco U" ... as if we have any other choice at the moment. Then when we get a chance at a 5* you guys cry like its horrible because they are a transfer or JUCO. I could care less ... sign their arses up, give them a locker in our carpet squared drop ceiling asbestos filled locker room and get them out there.

Fact is ... the 3 nattys we got mean nothing at the present moment no matter how you remember the glory years. We have to take what we can get to get back up there. Once we are up there ... then we can talk about being more selective with who we recruit and take less risks. If Cox comes here and is a problem, boot his arse out ... no loss to us.

Good shytt, well stated.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
This is great news...Any word on Joseph? We probably need him to shore up the CB spot...most likely opposite Marco if Hendo goes pro...but just imagine if they stayed...that would be epic

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So what lies are we telling to get him to come to Gainesville?

37mdmx.jpg

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Well it sounds like the telling a coach to fvkk off thing would make sense. Doesn’t sound like drugs and doesn’t sound like he violently attacked anyone. If one is mad about being lied to I think his attitude could be negative enough to warrant being dismissed. I’m sure there’s a story none of us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.