2012: 76th
2011: 96th
2010: 50th
2009:64th
2008: 21st
2007: 15th
2006: 27th
2005: 59th

Basically in the simplest of forms you’re so laughably wrong. And yes, I love doing this to you.

But also news flash folks: Swonkey makes up just about every last thing he believes in, and faking football stats is ahead of politics and religion for him
Still mediocre to garbage. Are you quoting rushing offense, instead of scoring or total? time of possession? three and outs (that has to be very high)?

I know you aren't quoting passing because he had plenty of 100+ for that. Team rankings.com? Some power index? I don't know because it's behind a paywall.

It's sad too because if he could get the conservative run out the clock bullshyt, I think he could be good.

But he cant get the stench of Notre Dame and option football off of his carcass.

EDIT: ok teamrankings says average 47th instead of 60th, and skinnyjeans thinks that is a good thing.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
3-0 7 wins in a row............just win............. while some of us just whine.............
After October, Ole Coach will be celebrating blowout losses and explaining how his joy makes him the only real fan.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Still mediocre to garbage. Are you quoting rushing offense, instead of scoring or total? time of possession? three and outs (that has to be very high)?

I know you aren't quoting passing because he had plenty of 100+ for that. Team rankings.com? Some power index? I don't know because it's behind a paywall.

It's sad too because if he could get the conservative run out the clock bullshyt, I think he could be good.

But he cant get the stench of Notre Dame and option football off of his carcass.
Total offense man. Why would I quote rushing and give you an out :lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
After October, Ole Coach will be celebrating blowout losses and explaining how his joy makes him the only real fan.

You may have some here fooled but based on your words under your avatar, you are praying our QB fails so you can be right. You will never convince me otherwise.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

EDIT: ok teamrankings says average 47th instead of 60th, and skinnyjeans thinks that is a good thing.
No, skinny jeans is proving your incessant ranting is wrong over and over again. 47th isn’t great but its certainly better than you let on.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Espn

2018: 44th
2017: 43rd
2016: 44th
2015: 34th
2014: 10th
2013: 42nd
2012: 73rd
2011: 72nd
2010: 40th
2009: (first year at MSU) 78th
2008: 9th
2006: 10th
2005: 55th

Team rankings.com:

2018: 56th
2017: 52nd
2016: 58th
2015: 34th
2014: 7th
2013: 44th
2012: 76th
2011: 96th
2010: 50th
2009:64th
2008: 21st
2006: 27th
2005: 59th

Basically in the simplest of forms you’re so laughably wrong. And yes, I love doing this to you.

But also news flash folks: Swonkey makes up just about every last thing he believes in, and faking football stats is ahead of politics and religion for him
To add to this, I know @Swamp Donkey hates advanced stats because they are too hard for him to understand but @ltraz would appreciate these:

2005 - 67
2006 - 11
2007 - 1
2008 - 7
2009 - 56
2010 - 37
2011 - 71
2012 - 38
2013 - 37
2014 - 10
2015 - 16
2017 - 40
2018 - 15

Average at MSU - 38
Average at UF - 20.2
Overall average - 31.6

S&P offense stats from football outsiders. Now keep in mind, those stats adjust for strength of opponent (stat building against FCS/cupcakes isn’t weighed as heavily as performance against Bama) and remove garbage time stats building. In theory, much better capture of offensive prowess. And no, law, that doesn’t mean he’s the 31st best OC out there. It probably makes him top 10 once everyone’s seasons are averaged out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol.... you tell yourself about how great #47 is tommorw while he is running the option againnand steuggling to score 20 points against garbage teams, as always.

Speaking of garbage time, two 1AA teams, 2 more directional teams, Kintucky and Burp represented the vast majority of his offensive production. Id love to see what your "secret formula boys" considered garbage time.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Lol.... you tell yourself about how great #47 is tommorw while he is running the option againnand steuggling to score 20 points against garbage teams, as always.

Speaking of garbage time, two 1AA teams, 2 more directional teams, Kintucky and Burp represented the vast majority of his offensive production. Id love to see what your "secret formula boys" considered garbage time.
You’re an idiot. Its unbelievable sometimes. I just provided you with rankings that filter out or significantly discount stats accrued against “two 1AA teams, 2 more directional teams, Kintucky and Burp”. What it does is weaken your argument by filtering out the MAC, AAC, etc teams that finish ahead of UF in total yards - adjusting for the fact that UF’s defense would likely shut those teams down.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
We are the worst fan base in the country...
Certainly the most delusional. It's my fault, I keep coming to look at this thread, should know better by now.

This team is 13-3 under new management, has beaten Tennessee, LSU, FSU, Miami, Michigan, and now one of the teams it lost to last year, several of those wins in blowout fashion. And all many on this board can do is point to the fact that those teams are down, or disinterested, or had players sitting out, or they're just life champions.

People love to point out how recruiting class needs to be re-ranked after failures/defections, but ignore that Grimes, Jefferson, Greenard, others are effectively part of those recruiting classes and not part of the ranking.

Recruiting obviously needs to get better, but anybody who has ever sold a product understands that you have to have a product to sell. You can only sell so much snake oil... people eventually figure that out. The kids we're trying to recruit were seven years old the last time this team did anything of significance. Wait, watch, enjoy... as this team gets better, and more importantly puts points on the board, recruiting will improve. No amount of effort, focus, or art of the deal is going to sell a truly crappy product. Just enjoy some freaking football for God's sake.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Certainly the most delusional. It's my fault, I keep coming to look at this thread, should know better by now.

This team is 13-3 under new management, has beaten Tennessee, LSU, FSU, Miami, Michigan, and now one of the teams it lost to last year, several of those wins in blowout fashion. And all many on this board can do is point to the fact that those teams are down, or disinterested, or had players sitting out, or they're just life champions.

People love to point out how recruiting class needs to be re-ranked after failures/defections, but ignore that Grimes, Jefferson, Greenard, others are effectively part of those recruiting classes and not part of the ranking.

Recruiting obviously needs to get better, but anybody who has ever sold a product understands that you have to have a product to sell. You can only sell so much snake oil... people eventually figure that out. The kids we're trying to recruit were seven years old the last time this team did anything of significance. Wait, watch, enjoy... as this team gets better, and more importantly puts points on the board, recruiting will improve. No amount of effort, focus, or art of the deal is going to sell a truly crappy product. Just enjoy some freaking football for God's sake.
Dumb post. At this point in Mac’s tenure, he was 13-4 and 7-3 in the SEC (I’m including the loss in the SEC championship as an “SEC loss” - and should note, Mullen hasn’t gotten to the championship game yet). That turned out to be an unmitigated disaster that we’re still reeling from. Now, you could argue that what Mullen did last year was impressive - and I’d agree - but you could also argue that it speaks to his coaching acumen, not his programmatic acumen. Think about it - if he doesn’t recruit better, we’ll stagnate - at best! Looking at trends going forward doesn’t make fans delusional - it makes them passionate.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
if he doesn’t recruit better, we’ll stagnate - at best!.

Thanks Captain Obvious, hence the "recruiting obviously needs to get better" in the post you replied to. If you don't think this team is better in nearly every measure than 2-3 years ago under Butters, when guys were making their own deals on the side trying to get some strength training, you haven't been paying attention... at all.

Everyone wants Top 5 recruiting. Awesome. But right now, nothing about this program is Top 5. Not the facilities, not the recent history. The kids we're recruiting have seen 10 years of mostly garbage... did Dabo suddenly figure out how to "close", or did the recruiting naturally follow the results? UGA is one of the few programs that got the recruits before the results... you can sell snake oil for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator