Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I was just reading a Bama board...and then a UGA board - both discussions were about the 5-star TE picking LSU. Both boards were full on accusing LSU of paying players. So much comedy! Literally two programs - that IF any teams in the country would be suspected of paying players - they are #1A & #1B.
With Clemson #1C

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
DSS, he's obviously trolling you. I'd just let it go. No sense in continuing arguing w/ someone who is content w/ finishing 6th or worse in their own conference in recruiting - whistling past the graveyard. 90+% of us get it...
Hes just a weak minded individual that can't handle hard truths. I dont think there is anyone on the board that isnt happy with mullen and the overall trajectory of the program, even donk and firefoley are firmly on the mullz train. But that doesnt mean we cant be objective and honest about things as they stand and open about areas that need improvement. Trashcan boy thinks because we are winning more than losing that all criticism should be banned and objectivity shouted down. Reminds me of one of those idiots that plays the race card every time some legitimate criticism is leveled. oscar the g... g for vaGina.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
DSS, he's obviously trolling you. I'd just let it go. No sense in continuing arguing w/ someone who is content w/ finishing 6th or worse in their own conference in recruiting - whistling past the graveyard. 90+% of us get it...
No trolling , your reading comprehension is off. The guy said his comparison to richt had nothing to do with recruiting, just wins.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Hes just a weak minded individual that can't handle hard truths. I dont think there is anyone on the board that isnt happy with mullen and the overall trajectory of the program, even donk and firefoley are firmly on the mullz train. But that doesnt mean we cant be objective and honest about things as they stand and open about areas that need improvement. Trashcan boy thinks because we are winning more than losing that all criticism should be banned and objectivity shouted down. Reminds me of one of those idiots that plays the race card every time some legitimate criticism is leveled. oscar the g... g for vaGina.
Your comprehension is pretty bad also. I just said calling him out mark richt was a lazy comparison.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No trolling , your reading comprehension is off. The guy said his comparison to richt had nothing to do with recruiting, just wins.

FYI, Richt won two SEC championships. Not sure what's lazy about the comparison. But I'm not getting into a pissing contest about it with you either....

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Of course you dont. Because no one truly believes dan Mullen is our own mark richt.
I don't think anyone's giving him the moniker quite yet, just saying it's a possibility if you look at his perceived ceiling based on how his recruiting classes have been.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hopefully the troll is done....

Here's some actual recruiting news:

DL coach David Turner to visit a JUCO SDE in Mississippi tonight, which is interesting. I'm glad to see we're still pursuing a JUCO (would like to also see a few other positions, LB, S, WR):

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a possible grad transfer at WR. He claims he's heard from us. He led UCLA in catches in 2018

Transfer Portal Updates: Theo Howard draws major interest

Howard is arguably the most notable player to enter the transfer portal in the middle of the 2019 season. The former No. 102 overall player in the 2016 class, per the 247Sports Composite, Howard started 24 games for the Bruins. He led UCLA wide receivers in catches (51), yards (677) and touchdowns (four) during his 2018 junior season. Overall, Howard caught 107 passes between the 2017 and ’18 seasons.

Turning toward the future and his final year of eligibility, Howard is looking for a pass-happy system that fully utilizes its wide receivers. Howard is also hoping to land in a place with a well-established quarterback. As for who’s reached out, Howard has heard from everyone from Minnesota to Miami to Virginia to Florida to Arizona and Washington. Howard said the schools he’s talked to the most are: Washington, Oregon State, Arizona, Baylor and TCU.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Theo Howard is a game breaker type of wide receiver. He has speed to burn.

Yes, he's legit, would love to get him. But he's a west coast guy (and his list of who he's hearing from the most are all west of the Mississippi), so I'm not holding my breath. But the interesting take is that UF reached out. Just like the JUCO SDE we're seeing tonight, it shows we're looking into the transfer market for at least DL & WR. That's good news, imo.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Yes, he's legit, would love to get him. But he's a west coast guy (and his list of who he's hearing from the most are all west of the Mississippi), so I'm not holding my breath. But the interesting take is that UF reached out. Just like the JUCO SDE we're seeing tonight, it shows we're looking into the transfer market for at least DL & WR. That's good news, imo.
There are certain holes in our roster this year and particularly next year, SDE in particular. We need experience although we are recruiting pretty well this year along the defensive line. Turner is doing very well there but we need depth. We are visiting UM commit Elijah Roberts this week.
WR, I think we are going to do well as far as the possession type receivers. We do need 1 or 2 speed merchants. Marcus Fleming is somebody we're talking to right now but he will need to put on some weight.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is it "looking for pass-happy" programs or looking for conferences that do not bother with top defensive backfields?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Here's a possible grad transfer at WR. He claims he's heard from us. He led UCLA in catches in 2018

Transfer Portal Updates: Theo Howard draws major interest

Howard is arguably the most notable player to enter the transfer portal in the middle of the 2019 season. The former No. 102 overall player in the 2016 class, per the 247Sports Composite, Howard started 24 games for the Bruins. He led UCLA wide receivers in catches (51), yards (677) and touchdowns (four) during his 2018 junior season. Overall, Howard caught 107 passes between the 2017 and ’18 seasons.

Turning toward the future and his final year of eligibility, Howard is looking for a pass-happy system that fully utilizes its wide receivers. Howard is also hoping to land in a place with a well-established quarterback. As for who’s reached out, Howard has heard from everyone from Minnesota to Miami to Virginia to Florida to Arizona and Washington. Howard said the schools he’s talked to the most are: Washington, Oregon State, Arizona, Baylor and TCU.

Seeing what Trask is doing this year and having him come back next year should certainly keep him interested.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UGA going to see Xzavier Henderson tonight (so are we). We BETTER not lose this kid to UGA!

----

Per Rusty Mansell of our UGA site, a Georgia assistant coach will watch four-star wide receiver Xzavier Henderson of Miami (Fla.) Columbus play tonight.

Mansell: "He is looking like a very serious target for most likely the last wide receiver spot in the 2020 class for Georgia."

Nothing on UGA's involvement with four-star receiver Arian Smith of Lakeland (Fla.) in a while. Remember, UGA has been viewed as the team to beat there. Time is a ticking too, with Smith eyeing a decision during or before the Early Signing Period in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.