Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
LSU landed 5-star TE Arik Gilbert. This is a huge upset/surprise, as Alabama was the favorite. I hope he know Burrow is gone and so is the OC (Brady) before he gets there.

Hes gonna feel like a dumbass when they lose burrow and brady and go back to ground and pound

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I saw this. Out of nowhere too. Not sure what it does for our chances with Washington though I fear it hurts us a bit as bama was recruiting both.

I just hope Bama doesn't go after Beckwith now. I'd like to land his commitment soon (I don't think we're getting Washington, although it would be nice).

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I just hope Bama doesn't go after Beckwith now. I'd like to land his commitment soon (I don't think we're getting Washington, although it would be nice).
We need one of them. I’m confident with our te play this year, especially if it keeps up we should land one or both. We should already have a commitment from Beckwith, that’s what’s frustrating.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
its just a lazy comparison. Why even say hes our mark richt? What comes to mind when you say mark richt? 10 win a year coach. What else? Anything that is similar to mullen?
No, you're lazy. Lazy for criticizing the statement I made without bothering to check the facts first, which 100% confirm my statements. You're lazy because instead of actually taking the time to look up each's record through the same period, you just throw out 'mullen good, richt bad' because... muuuhhh feeelins....

You can like or dislike the comparison all you want, but its dead balls accurate because the wins/losses record says it is. A 10 win coach is a 10 win coach, doesnt matter what they do to get 10 wins. Nobody would give a flying fck about recruiting if mullen could sign nothing but 3 stars and win the SEC every year. And there's not a soul on this board that wouldnt be calling for his firing if he was averging 6 wins a year, even if he was locking up a top 3 class every dang offseason. You know why that it is? Wait for it... wait for it....

It's because the only thing that matters is your record! You can take your recruiting and coaching comparisons and stuff them because they dont mean jack. Either improve at recruiting or we are stuck at 9-10 wins per year... our own Mark Richt. Facts dont care about your feelings.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
No, you're lazy. Lazy for criticizing the statement I made without bothering to check the facts first, which 100% confirm my statements. You're lazy because instead of actually taking the time to look up each's record through the same period, you just throw out 'mullen good, richt bad' because... muuuhhh feeelins....

You can like or dislike the comparison all you want, but its dead balls accurate because the wins/losses record says it is. A 10 win coach is a 10 win coach, doesnt matter what they do to get 10 wins. Nobody would give a flying fck about recruiting if mullen could sign nothing but 3 stars and win the SEC every year. And there's not a soul on this board that wouldnt be calling for his firing if he was averging 6 wins a year, even if he was locking up a top 3 class every dang offseason. You know why that it is? Wait for it... wait for it....

It's because the only thing that matters is your record! You can take your recruiting and coaching comparisons and stuff them because they dont mean jack. Either improve at recruiting or we are stuck at 9-10 wins per year... our own Mark Richt. Facts dont care about your feelings.

I think the difference is Richt was Richt no matter the talent. We won't know if Mullen is Richt unless he gets the talent.
Honestly I think Mullen is going to get it, sooner or later. Unfortunately probably later. If he keeps just missing he's going to have a long leash. Hard to fire a guy that only loses 1-2 a year. But eventually, just like at Georgia, the natives are going to get restless and Mullen will either have to up the recruiting game or he will be gone. I just see it as taking a long time, like 5-7 years.
There's a window here. We need to take advantage of FSU/UM being down and be ready when Kirby gets fired (2 years?) and Saban retires (3-5?).
Let's beat UGAy, Get LSU in a rematch. And hope to hell that we get a recruiting boost this year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I saw this. Out of nowhere too. Not sure what it does for our chances with Washington though I fear it hurts us a bit as bama was recruiting both.

Obviously I want Washington, but he isn't too bright. Everything I've read has UGly still in first place. They really don't use their tight ends that much. As Mullen said, they are primarily blockers.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Obviously I want Washington, but he isn't too bright. Everything I've read has UGly still in first place. They really don't use their tight ends that much. As Mullen said, they are primarily blockers.
I don’t claim to have any inside info, but I take a lot of this stuff about who’s in first with a grain of salt. Maybe he’s going there and maybe he ain’t. After all, who thought Gilbert was going to commit to LSU? The recruitniks were all saying it was a Bama/Ugly battle. The fact Washington came in for an OV was a big deal. The odds may not be in our favor, but we have a puncher’s chance with this guy. I think he’s impressed with how Pitts is producing this season. I’d bet he’s gonna watch next Saturday’s game very closely.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
On a positive note, what about raiding UM's commits (or as I like to think of them - UF signees). Are we working on them?
OT Jalen Rivers 4* 128th ranked out of Jax for instance?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasnt spurrier a 10 win coach? Why not use him as the example ?
bc one was a champion and the other two were not. plus a 10 win season was a bad season for one and a great season for the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.