Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
:eek3:

Georgia football: Check out the blue-chip recruiting ratio with Florida

The third table total seems to be flipped.Should be 13 Florida and 33 Georgia.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
“It boils down to players more than the Xs and Os,” Kirby Smart said today at his Monday press briefing previewing the matchup with Florida.

This is Kirby's philosophy it seems. Just get the top players, Xs and Os be damned. He just thinks out talenting his competition will be enough. But with the Clemsons and Alabamas of the world that can match your talent and outcoach you, what are you gonna do?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
“It boils down to players more than the Xs and Os,” Kirby Smart said today at his Monday press briefing previewing the matchup with Florida.

This is Kirby's philosophy it seems. Just get the top players, Xs and Os be damned. He just thinks out talenting his competition will be enough. But with the Clemsons and Alabamas of the world that can match your talent and outcoach you, what are you gonna do?

In college football it's easy to 'out-talent' the other team, it's how Muschamp and Butters won most of their games at UF (w/ more talent than the competition). It caught up to both when they couldn't field a serviceable offense. But when it comes down to two heavy-weights squaring off, coaching comes into play. Obviously, having a ton of talent and great coaching goes a long way (Meyer, Saban, Swinney).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Xzavier Henderson (4-star WR) will be at the FL/GA game as a family member of CJ (because the schools are not allowed to host recruits). What sucks is he's also being recruiting by UGA.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
So, the NCAA board of governors has agreed that college athletes can get paid for their likeness. I want to hear details. I wonder how much it will change recruiting.

Seems the most obvious change is that if the players can pay to decorate their own apartments, they won't care as much about our drop ceilings and carpet squares. We're gonna get all the croots now!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well starting in 2021 you won't have to hire coaches for their recruiting ability. It will just come down to who pays more.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we landing Britt when he announces 11/1 ?

The receiver? Probably. But do we need another receiver right now? Shouldn’t our final spots before safety, linebacker, SDE, OL and DT?

I mean if we’re going to take one more receiver in this class, shouldn’t be Henderson? Shouldn’t we wait for his commitment and not tie up a spot for a position that we really need?

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
The receiver? Probably. But do we need another receiver right now? Shouldn’t our final spots before safety, linebacker, SDE, OL and DT?

I mean if we’re going to take one more receiver in this class, shouldn’t be Henderson? Shouldn’t we wait for his commitment and not tie up a spot for a position that we really need?
britt the wr or britt the safety? I've read he is a safety.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

am I misreading something? I’ve seen Britt is being brought in to play safety.

“Johnson has explained to Britt just where the Gators see him playing at if he was to choose Florida for college.

“He says safety and some time wide receiver,” Britt said on where the Gators see him playing. “I think safety will be fun, I would have no problem playing it and they have a big need at safety.”

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, Britt is being recruited as a Safety. Solid pick up, but definitely a Plan D (or lower).

I think the staff is all in on Henderson at WR, and keeping their fingers crossed that Manuel qualifies. With Fraziers committed, that would be three very good WR's. They're also pushing for Beckwith, who will be a Pitts type TE (more of a WR). I think they're keeping a couple of WR's warm just in case (Wideman (FSU commit), Poitier, maybe another I can't recall).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.