Status
Not open for further replies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Watch what Alabama does, that'll be the model for the rest of the country (Saban's probably already been planning for this for months).

Especially now that Saban's got all the NCAA brass rolling in Mercedes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Britt is being recruited as a Safety. Solid pick up, but definitely a Plan D (or lower).

I think the staff is all in on Henderson at WR, and keeping their fingers crossed that Manuel qualifies. With Fraziers committed, that would be three very good WR's. They're also pushing for Beckwith, who will be a Pitts type TE (more of a WR). I think they're keeping a couple of WR's warm just in case (Wideman (FSU commit), Poitier, maybe another I can't recall).

cant we just recruit an elite safety? Must we convert a hs receiver?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should basically be camping out at Avantae Williams and Tim Smith’s house. Flip those 2 and bring in Henderson and we’ll have a top 7 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Apparently not. I think they still want Williams, but he's been quiet lately. Speculation is he'll stay close to home because he has a kid, but how knows?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All safeties are HS receivers.

Ever been to a high school football game?

You and I see the same reharding the need for "elite" safety prospects though, but, would you let your kid play for English?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, is it more accurate to say almost all safeties are HS receivers?
The GOOD one who are going to D1 are great athletes who play both ways.

This is a kessage board. We are typing w our thumbs. I really dont feel inclined to determine if it is 99% vs 96%.

You are rapidly achieving Wobble status.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All safeties are HS receivers.

Ever been to a high school football game?

You and I see the same reharding the need for "elite" safety prospects though, but, would you let your kid play for English?

Yeah. Both ways. Is this kid showing out at safety in HS?

and no. I wouldn’t let my kid play for English.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
cant we just recruit an elite safety?

We can't find one that speaks English.

Ron English said:
It's always you, it's never anybody else! It's you, it's you, it's you, and it's who you are. Just saying, it's you, you're never gonna improve, ever! You'll always be f***** up! And as soon as you get one and everybody else, you're gonna...(inaudible)

You're right I'm pissed.

(silence)

All comes down to having pride, period.

(pause)

So shower folks.

(pause)

That's what all I was pissed off about. How did so many kids go bad? I haven't been around players where so many go bad, so s***bird. I mean this is s***bird football! It's bad. As bad as I've ever been around, Jesus. Bad as I've ever been around. Just s***bird football. I've never been around players where you've coached the same s*** for months. I've never been in a place like that. Gotta coach the same s*** over and over. Gotta coach practice, gotta coach (inaudible), are you kidding me? (inaudible) Just once, and I gotta coach the same s***.

There's a lack of focus now. There's a lack of pride, is what that is. But more importantly, self-respect. That's what it really is; you have no respect for yourselves. Why should anybody else, if you've never looked at yourself and said, you know what, I'm not falling into that trap, I'm not (unintelligible).

That's why I have no respect for the players that went here, I have no f****** respect for you b****. I have no respect for you little quittin'-ass b****. That's why you got your ass kicked, quitter. That's what I call y'all, all little f***ers. Mother******, I don't need to respect you, I don't give a f*** about you, b****. There, it's true. I don't f***** care about complainers, cause you mother****** are quitters. Gotta get out mother*******. I don't give a f*** about you, b****.

Could care less. I respect football players, but I respect football players, mother******. But you ain't no football player, you little b****. You're a little f****** b****, that everybody laughs at over and over, because they know you're a f***** quitter. They know from the third quarter and halftime that you quit. If you wanna call it what it is. Do you know why it happens? Because you allow it to happen out here. You just come out here on Thursdays and f*** around, come out on Wednesdays and f*** around...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, basically, Minister of Information is Ron English....
I guarantee English has passed out by 11 p.m. . There is no way he could be working midnight shift somewhere on the side.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We're getting a visit from this kid, super low ranked 3-star RB....but he leads the nation in rushing. Good size, I haven't watch his tape yet. Planning a visit for the Vandy game.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
We're getting a visit from this kid, super low ranked 3-star RB....but he leads the nation in rushing. Good size, I haven't watch his tape yet. Planning a visit for the Vandy game.

I guess we aren't getting Gibbs, especially now that he is a top 150 / 4 star...

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I guess we aren't getting Gibbs, especially now that he is a top 150 / 4 star...
GD! Without a visit, it’s been a long shot. But, I’ve been high on this kid for a while. Really wanted a shot. PS thanks @BMF was wondering who the chatter was about with the “leading rusher” visiting. This is limp.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I read that Gibbs is hoping for a UGA offer. I don't get it though, UGA has a top 50 RB committed. Ohio State has been talking to him also, along w/ LSU. He's visiting Ohio State and LSU. Doesn't look good for us since he doesn't have any visits planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator