Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Just not surprised anymore. Hopefully this clears the myth of the "field results first and they will come".

This staff just is terrible at recruiting and our facilities are eons behind competition. If we can't recruit with two 10 win seasons and top 10 finishes back to back, how do we expect to do any better next year when we finish 7-5/8-4?

Have you looked at our schedule next year? We're not finishing 7-5. We'll be 9-3 at worst.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We've got LSU at home. Without Burroughs/Brady I like our chances. Other than that UGAy is the only challenge. We've got a pretty easy schedule.

• September 5 – Eastern Washington (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 12 – Kentucky (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 19 – South Alabama (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 26 – Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.)
  • October 3 – South Carolina (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 10 – LSU (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 17 – Ole Miss (Oxford, Miss.)
  • October 24 – BYE
  • October 31 – vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.)
  • November 7 – Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
  • November 14 – Missouri (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 21 – New Mexico State (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 28 – Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
  • December 5 – SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
We've got LSU at home. Without Burroughs/Brady I like our chances. Other than that UGAy is the only challenge.

Yup. And 3 of our opponents (FSU, Ole Miss, Mizzou) will be breaking in new coaches. Other than LSU and UGA, we'll be more talented and better coached against every opponent. We might end up dropping one we shouldn't anyway, especially if our defense takes the expected step back. But barring terrible injury luck, we won't be 7-5/8-4 bad.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Reading that we are losing 19 or more starters on this team. Next year has "step back" written all over it. Will see.

19? That sounds wrong. Regardless, we'll probably be slightly more talented overall next year. And yeah, I expect us to take a step back next year, but we also have a really soft schedule. We won't be elite, but we should still manage to go 10-2 or maybe drop one we shouldn't and go 9-3.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Are we in shambles, wait and see mode,
We've got LSU at home. Without Burroughs/Brady I like our chances. Other than that UGAy is the only challenge. We've got a pretty easy schedule.

• September 5 – Eastern Washington (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 12 – Kentucky (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 19 – South Alabama (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 26 – Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.)
  • October 3 – South Carolina (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 10 – LSU (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 17 – Ole Miss (Oxford, Miss.)
  • October 24 – BYE
  • October 31 – vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.)
  • November 7 – Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
  • November 14 – Missouri (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 21 – New Mexico State (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 28 – Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
  • December 5 – SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)
you’re forgetting Tennessee. National champs.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
19? That sounds wrong. Regardless, we'll probably be slightly more talented overall next year. And yeah, I expect us to take a step back next year, but we also have a really soft schedule. We won't be elite, but we should still manage to go 10-2 or maybe drop one we shouldn't and go 9-3.
Because it is wrong. Maybe 19 that played a down.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
200 + kids in atrendance

We’ll see how this plays out over the next few days, but having that many kids loses two key aspects to being in demand - exclusivity and personal attention.

As we bragged on having hundreds of kids, unless they are mostly 2022 and younger, is just too many for all the kids and their families to get any feel for personal attention.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
How the fcvk do we have ZERO 5 star recruits on Rivals? Washington, KY & Stanford all have at least one 5 star commitment. You’re telling me this staff can’t find ONE 5 star in state kid that wants to be a Gator? What the hell?
Where have you been?

Honestly, when's the last time we signed a consensus 5*? I may be wrong, but I believe it was CeCe Jefferson or Martez Ivey. At any rate, it's been a long time.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Where have you been?

Honestly, when's the last time we signed a consensus 5*? I may be wrong, but I believe it was CeCe Jefferson or Martez Ivey. At any rate, it's been a long time.

I know that. I’m referring to the current staff riding back to back 10 win seasons, dominating W’s over our in state rival 2 years in a row and both major in state programs (FSU, UM) being in the gutter. You’d think they could pull one 5 star.

The previous staff sucked in all phases of the game (on & off field) and the HC was a goof ball. Recruiting sucking under him was not a surprise.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We’ll see how this plays out over the next few days, but having that many kids loses two key aspects to being in demand - exclusivity and personal attention.

As we bragged on having hundreds of kids, unless they are mostly 2022 and younger, is just too many for all the kids and their families to get any feel for personal attention.

This is very common. You should have seen the visitors list for LSU at Bama this year, it was a 'who's who' of top HS talent in the 20, 21, 22, and 23 classes. I think these kids enjoy seeing all the other talented kids and feel special that they were invited to be among the group. Yes, the individual attention is lost a bit, but the staff knows who the key targets are and make the time to chat w/ them, especially if the parents are there. There are so many staffers these days that they are able to show them a good time. Also, only 6 or so were on 'official visits', the others were on unofficial's - so there's a limit to what they can do if only on an unofficial. Honestly, I think it was quite impressive to have that much talent there (there was a 2021 5-star DL from Alabama there - vs. going to the Iron Bowl).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.