Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

That sounds like having to put up with a hot chicks retarded friends...nah I’m good bro

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

It's more like, what do I know, if it's close then whatever, especially since I hadn't even tracked the guy since the summer, when he decommitted and went over to State. And if one of our anchor recruits, who is one of the best in the state, thinks the guy is worth pulling in, along with the coaching staff, obviously, then why plant my flag and die on that particular hill?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah and if we take Joseph/Harris we’d be done for the whole next cycle or two on edge guys...but if we can transition them into outside linebackers maybe it’ll work out

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mullins has beenbeaten by a lot of guys with no facilities including Miami.

is facilities part of the equation? yes.

are recruiting staff and competent recruiting assistant coaches? of course.

you sound like AR trying to make everything binary

Only repeating what you have driven into the ground for years. Don't attempt to turn it on me. Probably 35000 of your 60000 posts said something about it. So, if he lands a good high ranked class will that make you wrong again? Your batting a very high percentage on being wrong so...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sure. But you know he will be used as a Rush or SDE in this system so long as the dwag is still here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We know that. We are just trying to decide if you are a troll.
I'm pretty clear about which players I believe in. I mention four or five in the last couple of pages of thread so it's going to be awful hard for you to act like I'm down on everyone.

Im sure you will try, nevertheless.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Facilities are what push a kid over the top or, in our situation, potentially screw us if other things are relatively equal. They are not a substitute or bandaid for poor recruiters. Good recruiters recruit well regardless of facilities or win/loss records. Why do we keep rehashing this settled science? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Facilities are what push a kid over the top or, in our situation, potentially screw us if other things are relatively equal. They are not a substitute or bandaid for poor recruiters. Good recruiters recruit well regardless of facilities or win/loss records. Why do we keep rehashing this settled science? :lol:
BECAUSE BINARY!!!!

And Pumpers say #3StarWhisperer dont need no talent, except when he loses then you can't expect him to win without talent.... but just wait til next year when he gets his recruits, except when the recruits don't come it's because facilities.

Endless loop.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Reserving my happiness until after ESD. We are 10-2 with a 2nd season that was better than the 1st season and recruiting seems to be improving as well. Looks more balanced this year and less risks. We are still trending upwards.

We need a stronger OL though and not sure if I am starting to get tired of Hevesy on this one. Not seeing much changing this in this class either (though I know OL are a longer term ROI). That seems to be about the only area of the field where we looked the same at the end of the season as we did at the beginning of the season. I dont want to hear about Trask vs EJ on this because Franks was a lot more Trask than EJ.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Yup. When we are ranked in the top 10 in recruiting with no facilities I really don't get the complaining. If they recruit us into the top 10 without them what can they do with them? Just sayin....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need a stronger OL though and not sure if I am starting to get tired of Hevesy on this one. Not seeing much changing this in this class either (though I know OL are a longer term ROI). EJ.

OL works fine when EJ's on the field. You just are going to have to live with it because Mullins is not changing the running plays. that much is clear. and they will never work with a statue quarterback. why wouldn't the defense ignore the quarterback!

at best you're going to get a few more inside and outside zones instead of option.

hopefully he will remember to use the forward pass , but we'll see what happens next year.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
OL works fine when EJ's on the field. You just are going to have to live with it because Mullins is not changing the running plays and they will never work with a statue quarterback.

I dont necessarily agree that the OL works fine with EJ on the field. EJ is only on the field for a short time. Defenses will adjust for him and I am pretty sure our OL will get beat regularly with EJ as well. Its not like they get better when EJ comes in ... they are still slow to get to their missed assignments. EJ is just faster and more elusive.

And to my point that I don't want to hear about EJ ... Franks was our starter this season so when he went down it wasn't like we should be changing our whole scheme to match a pocket QB. Franks was way more pocket than dual is the point. Only thing different between Franks and Trask, ugly facial hair and throwing receivers open. We still continued to run our RBs into the back of our depressing OL. OL scheme isn't an acceptable excuse to the fact they didn't progress at all this season. So is it recruiting OL with wrong/less talent or is Hevesy struggling to coach technique? Either way ... its on Hevesy, right?

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have one of the better safeties in the country committed in Torrance. I couldn’t tell you anything about Britt – looks like a reach to me, but I don’t know.

I miss the days of the five star safety.

I don't recall signing many 5* safeties and it seems a couple we did sign were huge disappointments. Give me Amad Black any day!

Reggie Nelson was a 4* per Rivals. I wouldn't mind 2 or 3 of his caliber roaming around back there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. When we are ranked in the top 10 in recruiting with no facilities I really don't get the complaining. If they recruit us into the top 10 without them what can they do with them? Just sayin....
The way I have always viewed it is if you want to pop the top off you need to have both. We are doing pretty good now, but getting those couple beauty queens to do more than dance with us requires us to do well at crootin and have something really shiny to show them when they get on campus. Schools like bama, dwags, and clemson have that. It's like I was saying, we start crootin at a high level with or near those schools, then for the top couple of kids, it becomes about the additional stuff (when all else is relatively equal). Right now more often than not they'll end up elsewhere but that can be changed. It requires real buy in and investment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.