Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Getting any O-lineman in my opinion is a huge get. All 5 positions on the O-line are open so the more the merrier. I am not a Hevesy fan, but I don;t lay the entire lack of run game at his feet. To the naked eye, when we ran north/south, we were way too weak to block anyone one on one. When we ran sideways, we were way to slow to get out on the defender. So are we a man on man blocking scheme? If so we need help! Are we a zone blocking scheme? If so we need help!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Getting any O-lineman in my opinion is a huge get. All 5 positions on the O-line are open so the more the merrier. I am not a Hevesy fan, but I don;t lay the entire lack of run game at his feet. To the naked eye, when we ran north/south, we were way too weak to block anyone one on one. When we ran sideways, we were way to slow to get out on the defender. So are we a man on man blocking scheme? If so we need help! Are we a zone blocking scheme? If so we need help!

The right side of the line was a mess and TE blocking was non-existent. At least in the case of the right tackle this is a talent issue.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I dont doubt your source has hope but looking at the top 5, i dont think we can manage that. Would need 300+ points and even landing Smith and the other guys, max we hit is likely around 290
Like I said, he mentioned us processing guys out so you cant dig too deep into the numbers at the moment

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I dont doubt your source has hope but looking at the top 5, i dont think we can manage that. Would need 300+ points and even landing Smith and the other guys, max we hit is likely around 290

Why 300 points? LSU finished 5th in 2019 with 285. 290 would have been good for third. Not saying we finish in the top 5, but I don't think you need 300 to get there.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Could be but everything Im being told now is Parrish is a lock then we want Gibbs.....everyone else is plan B

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
To be honest idk if it’s EJ Smith but a ton of people close to an insider on twitter are all saying something’s happening with him.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Sorry thought you meant bowman.

I too have heard it’s possibly a running back

Funny thing is Parrish and Gibbs as a +1 would be a coup but either is a solid back and would help with our depth moving forward...I think however Gibbs could be a Dalvin Cook prototype and would be a shame to miss out on...I’m far more impressed with him than any RB in this years class

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UGA fans trying to downplay losing Braun. They have a real problem w/ Mullen's wife also, as they use her 'kissing' the players as a regular insult (when trying to disparage UF or Mullen). Anyhow, after downplaying losing Braun....they just got a CB for a very low ranked OG:

Watch this kid get a huge ratings bump too and you'll know the sh*t is rigged!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
img_20191212_070900-picsay-jpg.18467

Captivating that that illustration reminds of Mount Rushmore when that's exactly what those heroes will allow our Gator RBs, QB to do.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

The tide is starting to turn already he’s been proven to be a snake oil salesman and star chaser...anyone that pays attention knows Kirby is only a ****ty coach with high talent that keeps him afloat...watch for the play in the sugar bowl and the finish to this class to see where his head is at..he’s in desperation mode and is scrambling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator