Status
Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

With Washington’s decision finally public, he said the decision to commit to Georgia was ultimately all about the coaching staff.

"It really came down to how I got along with the coaches. Not only that but the recruiting pitches," Washington said. "I know what’s real and what’s not. It came down to just the vibe of the school and the vibe of the coaches. I just want to work. I don’t want anything given, I want to earn it."

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
With Washington’s decision finally public, he said the decision to commit to Georgia was ultimately all about the coaching staff.

"It really came down to how I got along with the coaches. Not only that but the recruiting pitches," Washington said. "I know what’s real and what’s not. It came down to just the vibe of the school and the vibe of the coaches. I just want to work. I don’t want anything given, I want to earn it."
Translation: “I’ll be in the transfer portal before the 2021 season kicks off”

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just some info = Gibbs is ranked like #111 in the state of Georgia, while Lingard was ranked #28 in the state of Florida???
Isn't Lingard an easier to get than Gibbs? Sure go for both.

I wonder if it’s better to have a 4* RB for 3-4 years than a 5* for 1-2? If Lingard is that difference maker who can make our O elite AND doesn’t have to sit out a year, maybe he’s worth more than Gibbs. I honestly don’t know.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
He's going to be an elite tackle for someone in about 2 or 3 years. Little bit I watched him last night kid has crazy size but is way too slow to be much of a receiving threat.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He's going to be an elite tackle for someone in about 2 or 3 years. Little bit I watched him last night kid has crazy size but is way too slow to be much of a receiving threat.
Wonder if he plays defense at all. Not saying he’s the next JJ Watt, but Watt was originally a TE and when his first school (W. Mich?) tried to turn him into an OT, he transferred to Whisky and walked on. They immediately put him at DE and the rest, as they say, is history.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with this. He does not look to have SEC speed for a TE nor does he look to have much athleticism. I would like to have gotten this kid but I would much rather have had the TE recruit that LSU got (Arik Gilbert). He was a bigger version of Pitts.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I wonder if it’s better to have a 4* RB for 3-4 years than a 5* for 1-2? If Lingard is that difference maker who can make our O elite AND doesn’t have to sit out a year, maybe he’s worth more than Gibbs. I honestly don’t know.

Damn good question, WTFDK? Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator