Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Omar is a dumbass :heehee:

What’s particularly funny about him is that in addition to being dead wrong on Mullen, especially compared to Taggart, his retort is “some of you thought Mac was great”. Well, no, not exactly Omar. Most of us tried to be supportive of him while he was here(you know, what actual fans do), acknowledged the good, and held out hope that with a few changes he could do better. We had no choice.

But even as wrong as that turned out, the fact is even Mac—who was nobody’s first choice—has a winning record. In very comparable sample size, including multiple stints at bad programs, and a total of 2.5 years at the P5 level, McElwain is 52-33, while Taggart is 56-62. Willie may need the rest of his career, and some good breaks along the way, just to catch the winning percentage of one James Lamont McElwain.

I can’t even imagine how embarrassing it must be to have hitched your wagon to that star, only to find out that a guy who doesn’t brush his teeth and never wears socks can coach circles around him. If there was ever a moment that necessitated that “slapping hand down in hysterical laughter” emote, this would be it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I guess that’s one position I can understand them having success in attracting talent. But that’s still two 5* RBs this class, on top of last years’s, plus White and Cook. Zero chance they all stay. Credit Smart for his recruiting, but like Fields, I have no idea why anyone would sign up knowing that.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah they’ve been very close and AW said it wouldn’t affect his decision but him (Lingard) actually going to transfer to UF might make this a slam dunk

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Wtf, UGA now processing 5 stars? Anyone know more about the story behind this?

Wasn't he the kid who was supposed to commit last night during the UA game? Instead of having a "commitment" they had an awkward segment with him and Deion defending the kids character. You could tell it wasn't really planned and either he had changed his mind and wasn't ready to commit or something had happened. I guess now we know what happened, the kid is such a dick head even that ass hole Kirby bangs doesn't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.