Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this on twitter tonight too. I think it is big news. I am not sure what it means. Maybe it means UF flat out missed on him. Maybe it means the staff likes the guys they have enough that they were not willing to fully commit to his brother now? Maybe it is as simple as Baun picking a blocking scheme similar to what he has played in for year?
He played in triple option at GaTech and no doubt we desperately wanted his little brother who just committed to Ugly.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I'm not flipping out over Beck. Frankly, Im waaaaay more concerned about losing Braun x2 and the perception continuing that we are a third tier destination.
The Brauns are originally from Texas, they very recently moved to Florida.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You might be the most sensitive poster on this board. I give you **** because you pounce at any potentially negative situation due to some past issue with the coach. You call it being “real”, which is what every pessimist ever says.

I’ve never changed my approach - wait until signing day before judging. Last year worked out better than most thought. I’m guessing this one does too but we’ll have to wait and see. Or... we can live and die with every little thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Time to hang up this notion that Mullen will be anything special on the recruiting. Had a wide open lay up and punted the ball into the damn stands.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Another pet peeve of mine. All the celebration that was going on about 2020 recruits before we even signed the 2019 class. These guys were pushing for any underclassmen they could to deflect from the shcit storm that was happening the few weeks before signing day. We can't recruit with the big boys this year or next. So can we put this "wait till next year " crap to rest when it comes to recruiting. It's gotten old as ****.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Time to hang up this notion that Mullen will be anything special on the recruiting. Had a wide open lay up and punted the ball into the damn stands.
I played with the facilities excuse in my head but Miami's sitting at 3 right now.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Something a little good happens, why then the pumpers go crazy. Something a little bad happens, why then the negators go crazy. What's a little puzzling to those of us in the middle is that it seems, sometimes, that the same people are pumpers with good news and dumpers with the least little bit of bad news.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I played with the facilities excuse in my head but Miami's sitting at 3 right now.
They always start strong with those local kids and then the decommits roll. They already had 9 decommits for the 2020 class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Something a little good happens, why then the pumpers go crazy. Something a little bad happens, why then the negators go crazy.
I dont care about the QB, I really dont. Square peg, round hole. But it is a bad look and we ran off AR doing it.

It seems like we are two steps forward, two steps back.

We've had a handful of decommits, with pumpers saying it was bc we were going to land this or that bluechipper instead... and then that person commits elsewhere.

There is a long way to go but so far we are losing ground.

Last class was far from elite, just ok, and we arent going to climb to the top without two or three elite classes.

Im just not sure this staff has it in them.and Im not sure adding more.and more Cowbell helps.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I dont care about the QB, I really dont. Square peg, round hole. But it is a bad look and we ran off AR doing it.

It seems like we are two steps forward, two steps back.

We've had a handful of decommits, with pumpers saying it was bc we were going to land this or that bluechipper instead... and then that person commits elsewhere.

There is a long way to go but so far we are losing ground.

Last class was far from elite, just ok, and we arent going to climb to the top without two or three elite classes.

Im just not sure this staff has it in them.and Im not sure adding more.and more Cowbell helps.
Not much to disagree with here, but it is basically the same staff that recruited the last class. Oh, Gray for what's his name. But why was everybody expecting a huge change? I am a little less agitated, because, as you know, I am a little more focused on coaching and development and a little less focused on recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not much to disagree with here, but it is basically the same staff that recruited the last class..
Yup. I had just hoped they had turned a corner and werent going to be 4th-5th in the SEC forever.

I this year will tell us what we have as a coach and a recruiter. A guy who continues to lose to Kintuckies and South Alabamas and cant land a too class, or a rear champion.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s probably a bit of a long shot, but I wish we went after DJ Uiagalelei. He goes to the same high school in Cali that Chris Steele went to. If we’re looking at a Pro style QB, he’s the cream of the crop. Kid has unbelievable arm strength. Absolute cannon.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Only thing I have learned about Beck is that his words make him seem like a no-nonsense straight to the point type of guy while his actions show he is a flakey guy blowing whichever way the wind blows. But alas, in reality, he is a 17 yr old (?) high school kids. If he goes to UGA it will give me great joy to see him get ran over and knocked on his arse the same way I enjoyed seeing Gibson get knocked the hell out. Fact is, he would be a great get but not the best fit for us anyways. I know that reeks of WDWHA but it also reeks of truth. I think the loss of Braun is the big sad news right now.

With that said ... its barely March with a long way to go. There is going to be plenty of ups and downs between now and next signing day ... AND A WHOLE SEASON OF FOOTBALL.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Isaiah that SC kid is who we really want...we need DTs WRs RBs and safeties...we could get a project QB for depth and it wouldn’t be a big hit...even if FF leaves we’ll have EJ/JJ add a great athlete then we’ll be set...after I was so aggravated about this last night I really stopped the self flagellation and hit the brakes...I realized that we’re gonna be ok regardless of how everything goes before the season...we need a top 5 class every year and I think we get there this season...but honestly how do you quantify the success of the kids that MULLEN recruited to MSU?...all I could see was how great HIS GUYS looked at the combine and what a great job he did developing talent...sorry about the rant but I get invested in this recruiting stuff because I see what it does to the future of the program...after a lot of thought I trust Mullen and I’ll wait til it shakes out on signing day

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this on twitter tonight too. I think it is big news. I am not sure what it means. Maybe it means UF flat out missed on him. Maybe it means the staff likes the guys they have enough that they were not willing to fully commit to his brother now? Maybe it is as simple as Baun picking a blocking scheme similar to what he has played in for year?
We didn't miss on Braun, he used his position to bolster his brother and families position.

For those bitching about Beck, I said a week ago that he reminded me of Brantley 2.0 and would be a nightmare in our scheme. The kid has had something like 1 rushing TD last season. AR leaving hurts much more than this, I hope the staff tells Beck to stay at home in the future and we have the same approach that we did with the FSU kid that was begging to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator