Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Yep. I can only speak for myself. I believe we should always be in the top 5 every year.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Jeebus ... Signing day is over 9 months from now. We haven't "lost" anyone.

Just beat
giphy.gif

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We will lose all of our top targets this year...watch Dexter flip when he takes other visits...I have zero confidence in our ability to recruit the top 5* guys this is honestly the 4* version of “Randy’s Miami Specials” we’re on the path to a Richt Revival of constant 2-3 loss season if we don’t get some heavy hitter recruiting guys

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I am not surprised that he went with UGA. I am surprised at the timing. He announces that UF is the clear leader and he expects to commit during his visit and then commits before his visit?!? I never saw him as a fit and was surprised that we went hard after him.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Wasn't this Beck kid commited to bama less than a month ago? Then around a week ago said he was on the verge of commiting to UF. Then out of the blue he commits to uga. I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict his recruitment is far from over. Calm the fck down. If we get him great, if not we get to make fun of his big ass head the next 4 years.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Since I was/am one of Beck's biggest supporters on this board, I am really disappointed by his commitment to the Dawgs although I can totally understand it. Better depth at Georgia, we already told him we will take 2 QBs for 2020, better scheme fit, better OL. On the other hand, it is a long way to signing day and he has already committed to the Gators baseball team, Alabama and now Georgia. Who knows how many other teams he will commit before all is said and done. He will probably be the Hunter of this year. So I am going to sit back and enjoy the drama.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Wasn't this Beck kid commited to bama less than a month ago? Then around a week ago said he was on the verge of commiting to UF. Then out of the blue he commits to uga. I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict his recruitment is far from over. Calm the fck down. If we get him great, if not we get to make fun of his big ass head the next 4 years.
But it’s more fun to use this an an indictment of the programs future!

Like I said this year, wait until the dust settles before judging. We did better than most here thought we would - including going toe to toe with Smart for a top defensive back recruit... and winning.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But it’s more fun to use this an an indictment of the programs future!

Like I said this year, wait until the dust settles before judging. We did better than most here thought we would - including going toe to toe with Smart for a top defensive back recruit... and winning.
LOL, we lost 23 recruiting battles with Ugly and won one!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOT

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
LOL, we lost 23 recruiting battles with Ugly and won one!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOT
Not implying we’re out recruiting Georgia but I am stating outright that it’s better to wait until signing day before flipping out over an individual recruit. Also stating that we will win some over those guys as well, especially if they continue to demonstrate they can’t develop their players and screw them over. This same kid has been all over the place - I doubt this is even over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not flipping out over Beck. Frankly, Im waaaaay more concerned about losing Braun x2 and the perception continuing that we are a third tier destination.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm not flipping out over Beck. Frankly, Im waaaaay more concerned about losing Braun x2 and the perception continuing that we are a third tier destination.
I know you’re not. I’m talking about the others. And hopefully the Braun saga isn’t over. He’d be a great get.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I saw this on twitter tonight too. I think it is big news. I am not sure what it means. Maybe it means UF flat out missed on him. Maybe it means the staff likes the guys they have enough that they were not willing to fully commit to his brother now? Maybe it is as simple as Baun picking a blocking scheme similar to what he has played in for year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.