2021 NFL Draft: Pitts to Falcons at 4, Toney to Giants at 20, Trask to Bucs at 64

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just to make a few people go nuts:

CB Marco Wilson 6'0" 191 lbs Florida 17 POS RK 108 OVR RK 70 GRADE
Pre-Draft Analysis Wilson is explosive with good body control, outstanding top-end speed and excellent leaping ability. He is versatile enough to line up on the inside and the outside. Wilson has short arms and there are times that he fails to make a play on the ball even though he's in good position. -- Steve Muench

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are going to like this. The Giraffe is currently at #135 "Best Available". 132 picks left. He could be Mr Irrelevant.

Stone Forsythe is sitting at #21 after some people were saying he had worked up to 2nd round material. Not sure. Injured? Something we don't know happened in the last few days?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for Kyle. He's a great kid. I loved watching him throw the ball the past two seasons. It's bittersweet to watch old tape of him from past games. Such a great passer, a historic passer, and it didn't even matter. Pity.

I never would have guessed that in the same season we have a QB who shatters every single season school passing record, the highest drafted TE in history, and a first round WR that there would still be 4 losses in that season. Mark Richt didn't even underachieve that badly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You guys are going to like this. The Giraffe is currently at #135 "Best Available". 132 picks left. He could be Mr Irrelevant.

tenor.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
- 4th pick in the draft (highest ever for a TE)
- 1st round WR
- 2nd round QB
- No trophies
What does our offensive genius need to actually win something?
I think the biggest indictment of him is now that he's seen what a vertical passing game can do, he will still immediately revert back to his Notre Dame option safe space. Even with SOS in the building, undoubtedly occasionally whispering in his ear, and showing him the trophy case.

These guys are cocky. It's just the way it is.

Spurrier probably cost himself championships by refusing to put his quarterbacks in the pocket. However, once he tried it and saw that it worked and and that could still establish a running game, he never went back. (We were never good at his power, iso, trap, counter stuff anyway. The draw game was the only thing that ever worked consistently and it worked fine out of shotgun too.) Spurrier evolved.

You just don't see that kind of development from Dullen. He's added the run pass option-- almost always to the slot receiver-- and thats really it. No tempo, no new plays in the playbook. I guarantee you the 05 guys could probably call the play names out and script a Dullen drive. I know the opposing defensive coordinators can.

Think about how much both Saban and Meyer have evolved. There is no evolution from Dullen. None.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just to make a few people go nuts:

CB Marco Wilson 6'0" 191 lbs Florida 17 POS RK 108 OVR RK 70 GRADE
Pre-Draft Analysis Wilson is explosive with good body control, outstanding top-end speed and excellent leaping ability. He is versatile enough to line up on the inside and the outside. Wilson has short arms and there are times that he fails to make a play on the ball even though he's in good position. -- Steve Muench
They failed to mention that he throws a shoe better than anyone. F Marco, biggest dumba$$ in UF history and we’ve had our share of dumba$$es.

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Here's how much money players lose when they fall in the NFL Draft

edit: i just saw that is 2017. Looking for something more current.

NFL Draft Pick Salary: How Much 2nd & 3rd Rounders Make | Heavy.com

The last pick of the second round has a four-year, $5.24 million contract with a $1.37 million signing bonus.

Not bad for a guy that Law assured us will never see the field at Florida, let alone get drafted in the second round. /s

I am super happy for Trask. The man deserves every cent and I really hope he learns from the GOAT a few things and has a a successful nfl career. Heck I might even watch an NFL game for the first time in what seems to be an eternity.

Trask is definitely one of my favorite gators in a very long time.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC officially really fuched up the call and how it was supposed to be managed... But my old High School Coach told us, it's always the second guy who gets caught, in close game don't be stupid.

True, because the ref typically only sees the retaliation.
However, in this particular case the ref is staring at the two players and sees the initial slap just as well as the second. For whatever reason (I will let you decide) he chooses to only call the second one.

I won’t even get into the fact that the refs never started the clock running again after the play which gave UT time for the winning field goal

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
- 4th pick in the draft (highest ever for a TE)
- 1st round WR
- 2nd round QB
- No trophies
What does our offensive genius need to actually win something?
My first thought regarding your question was "a competent DC." On further reflection, it morphed into "enough humility and good sense to recognize the fact that he made a huge mistake in hiring the imposter currently occupying that position, and the perspicacity to correct his mistake immediately after the Cotton Bowl."

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I never would have guessed that in the same season we have a QB who shatters every single season school passing record, the highest drafted TE in history, and a first round WR that there would still be 4 losses in that season. Mark Richt didn't even underachieve that badly.
Grantham

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Stone Forsythe is sitting at #21 after some people were saying he had worked up to 2nd round material. Not sure. Injured? Something we don't know happened in the last few days?

Some mocks were putting him in the second. It wasn't normative. No way is a team going to take Stone in the second round when his tape is so wildly inconsistent. Well, I say that. My idiot team, the gags, used their 45th pick on a left tackle who hasn't played in two years.

Slaton's scouting is the same. Some mocks have him in the 4th round. Others list him as a priority rookie free agent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

So hilarious is the theory that Dan Mullinz "develops" players. I keep shytty seniors on the field then just let Pitts, Trash and Kadarius start in their senior years, because "development". I develop players into 3 or 4 loss teams!!!!

Most of the quarterbacks Dan Mullinz touches need an actual off-season quarterback coach, or a juco for Cam, to teach them how to throw.

His one read system isnt particularly pro-like either. Well one read presnap and one read post snap. It is simple though. And the receiver routes are middle schoolish.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some mocks were putting him in the second. It wasn't normative. No way is a team going to take Stone in the second round when his tape is so wildly inconsistent..
I think it is wildly consistent, decent pass blocker with limited speed, athleticism and range and so so run blocker. But you cant teach huge. He's basically the same player as Trent and Big Fred, likely projects as a guard not a tackle.

Slaton is just a plug in the middle that swallows two offensive lineman. frankly I'm not sure how smart he is though. remember he struggled to get into school. that's pretty important to many teams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.