Recruiting 2021 Recruiting: NSD Probably falling outside top 10

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

We are saying the same thing, which is why I didn't understand the first comment toward me. Taven Bryan was a freak of nature and could overwhelm OLineman with sheer strength and athleticism at the college level. Not sure where he is now, but I don't think he is still in the league.

As far as Strickland, I haven't seen him, don't really know who he is, and not up to date on current recruiting, so I wasn't addressing HIM per se, just a general observation on technique versus strength.

As an aside, when I coached, I used to do this drill with the DL and OL. I was in shorts, tennis shoes, and no helmet. I would get position on them, and then drive them across the field. Anyone who could stop me got $100. I never paid out a dime. Some of these guys are playing D2 ball around the Carolinas and could not believe an old man with tennis shoes and no helmet could beat them like that. OL is a position game, like JJ. Get position, then submission. The OL who understand that fare way better than those who don't.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

I wish we could but there was a CB for him to Jimbos cult today and even Alderman said it’s likely trending that way

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
upload_2020-11-16_22-34-0.png

Taven Bryan was drafted late 1st round by jags and he is considered a bust at this point....he'll probably go somewhere else and be a great contributor though!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I admit to knowing nothing about weight lifting or technique. So, I could be completely wrong in my observation. I went and looked at a few of the nfl combine bench press vids. Almost all of the vids are full extensions or very near to it. Still, he looked good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.