Recruiting 2021 Recruiting: NSD Probably falling outside top 10

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, you are a cancer to this page. Why not just leave?

You are the Antonio Brown of Gator Chatter.
Where the hell have you been, you old kook?

You need to post more! We need your cranky pumper perspective!!!!!

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Boom mfers.

I don't know what level his team plays on and I'm not sure it matters. That is 42 tackles in 2 games. A guy has to be quick and fast to pile up those kind of stats even on a small high school level. And from looking at him, I'd say he is closer to 240ish now. We need to keep him in this class. No flipping to Stanford. We gotta keep Grantham from screwing him up.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I don't know what level his team plays on and I'm not sure it matters. That is 42 tackles in 2 games. A guy has to be quick and fast to pile up those kind of stats even on a small high school level. And from looking at him, I'd say he is closer to 240ish now. We need to keep him in this class. No flipping to Stanford. We gotta keep Grantham from screwing him up.

Kid is going to Stanford. Prepare yourself.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Borders' school, Heard County, is 2A. (Georgia goes up to 7A.) Previously he played at McEachern a very good 7A program. No idea on why he transferred, but Carlos Del Rio was also there last season and transferred high schools (twice actually) and is now at Trevor Lawrence's old school, Cartersville.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I thought the issue was at the new schools, Heard Co. for Borders (which he won on appeal)and Grayson for Del Rio (which resulted in the transfer to Cartersville). Are you aware of an issue at McEachern?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You might be right about Carrollton for Borders. Can't remember for sure. McEachern had boatloads of talent the last few seasons, but a bunch of kids transferred this season. N o idea of the back story. You see a lot of this lately in the Atlanta suburban schools. Often seem to involve McEachern, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Marietta, and Buford. Not that I'm accusing anyone of anything....

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Don’t kill the messenger. :backout:

But, seriously, the staff really likes Strickland’s athleticism and strength. Some guys don’t play strong. Strickland does. However, he is incredibly raw. You won’t be seeing him for a while. That’s the staff’s take.

Mine? He plays with strength. He’s a dirty player. But, man he looks like he is moving in slow motion. I think the Andrew Mike comparisons are accurate.

Techniques beats strength when strength has bad technique. Both take time to acquire, but given the choice, give me good technique. I can make you stronger easier than I can improve your technique.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
well as for Houston I've just noticed him around the ball a lot more and making better reads.

on that first play versus Georgia he seemed to be the only linebacker whe even read it. Moon got swallowed up bc he isnt even close to being strong enough to set the edge. I don't know who the other linebacker was (probably Miler) but he went to the left for some reason. Miller's usually pretty sound. Of course with Grantham maybe it was some sort of run blitz, and Grantham gambled and lost.

Ding ding ding!!!!

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

I knew someone would come along and complain about this. We are obviously not talking about the 190 lb HS offensive guard with the best technique in the world. We are discussing D1 athletes with the ability to play D1 football. I thought it would be obvious, but apparently no. Otherwise, somebody would come along and say I was stating a Jr High OLineman could dominate Reggie White as long as he has better technique.

KNOWING technique is great, applying it is another factor, especially when you are tired. It is often the first thing to go.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Sorey is a silent per twatter sources...cross ur fingers for an Arnold Sorey Langston Hill finish

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

Once again:

We are discussing D1 athletes with the ability to play D1 football.

If they don't have the ability to play D1 ball, I am not referring to them.

So lets take apples and apples. Would you rather have an apple with superior technique or an apple who is strong with crap technique. As a combat jui jitsu practitioner, it is seldom I run across someone who is bigger and stronger than me, but it is often I run across someone with better technique. Those are the ones I have the most trouble with provided they have better than average strength and weigh more than 190 lbs, otherwise, they just get overwhelmed. I outweigh my instructor by 60 lbs, outbench him by at least 100 lbs, and I can still get tapped. It has taken 8 years of practice to his 25+ to where I can stay on the mat with him for more than 10 minutes.

That is what I base my comment on.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sorey is a silent per twatter sources...cross ur fingers for an Arnold Sorey Langston Hill finish

Dan Mullen can't close. Will that change this year?
~ Rivals Mike Farrell

He said that a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator