Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Friday's game showed LSU turning into the pitch to get hit. No wonder they lead the SEC on this category. College baseball should cllean that up.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Friday's game showed LSU turning into the pitch to get hit. No wonder they lead the SEC on this category. College baseball should cllean that up.
Either that or our pitchers need to start painting the strike zone. If they threw strikes they wouldn't be hitting so many batters. Did you hear what Sully said to Slater when he came to the mound to take him out? "you hit everything else go hit the showers"

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I wonder how many hits we would have or how many errors LSU would have if we had bunted every batter today? Not suggesting that as a real strategy but I can't imagine it would be much worse. Pitching is obviously horrible and the main issue.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Either that or our pitchers need to start painting the strike zone. If they threw strikes they wouldn't be hitting so many batters. Did you hear what Sully said to Slater when he came to the mound to take him out? "you hit everything else go hit the showers"
Seriously? That's freaking hilarious.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Turning into or just taking it? They have every right to the box but if they are leaning in...ump should handle that.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Turning into or just taking it? They have every right to the box but if they are leaning in...ump should handle that.
It's the pitchers, not leaning in hitters. However, LSU is leading the SEC in HBP by a large margin.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah, our pitchers need to improve. But, I swear, a LSU batter Friday tried to take first claiming he was hit by a pitch on the black at the knees. Should have been a strike. I think that they have been coached to turn into the pitch.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will this be the turning point in the season where we give up on the team and turn on the players and coaches? Is this the worst UF baseball team in recent memory? We are ranked #8 and have a record of 17-7 but feels like 14-10, it might be hard to even get to a regional at this point.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Will this be the turning point in the season where we give up on the team and turn on the players and coaches? Is this the worst UF baseball team in recent memory? We are ranked #8 and have a record of 17-7 but feels like 14-10, it might be hard to even get to a regional at this point.
We are 3-4 against comparative teams (those in the top 25)and still have a gauntlet SEC schedule plus 3 with the Noles. The easier part of the schedule is over. We have one dominant starting pitcher and no one else has secured a spot on the weekends. It's sadly similar to last year when the rotation never really worked it's way. On offense its bomb or bust and today and yesterday showed us what bust feels like, no fun to watch. Tuesday game against the noles is on SEC Network so we will see if any adjustments are in order. I would consider letting Lastres take some AB's at DH because we're not getting much out of that spot. Not really concerned about the post season when we are this inconsistent at pitching.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Never turn on the players. The buck always stops with the head coach

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think the coaches and players can adjust and man up and get better or do you see a middle of the road record like last season or worse? Something like 34-26 or worse?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Do you think the coaches and players can adjust and man up and get better or do you see a middle of the road record like last season or worse? Something like 34-26 or worse?
I can see this team with 17 to 20 regular season losses. Our offense can't carry the pitching staff, we're exposed.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Still too early to panic, but it doesn't look good.
In fact as Yogi would have said, this season does "look like deja vu all over again" ,
Thought last year was just a blip on the radar , but the lack of starting pitching is becoming a trend. On paper the roster appears to have some quality arms. But with the exception of Barco , no one has taken the step forward. New pitching coach this year and maybe he needs some time to figure out who he can trust with the ball. Losing 2 at home to LSU is very bad ,and saw it was the first home series loss to the Tigers since 2012.
Hold on to your butts. Could be a bumpy ride this season.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Still too early to panic, but it doesn't look good.
In fact as Yogi would have said, this season does "look like deja vu all over again" ,
Thought last year was just a blip on the radar , but the lack of starting pitching is becoming a trend. On paper the roster appears to have some quality arms. But with the exception of Barco , no one has taken the step forward. New pitching coach this year and maybe he needs some time to figure out who he can trust with the ball. Losing 2 at home to LSU is very bad ,and saw it was the first home series loss to the Tigers since 2012.
Hold on to your butts. Could be a bumpy ride this season.
Quality arms and pitching don't always line up. I mean we got plenty of 93-95 guys but still have to execute pitches. The other thing is when does the guy calling pitches take responsibility? Not saying its the problem but after watching that melt down between the freshman and the pitching coach a few weeks ago I wonder if there if some issues going on with the relationship? I've never been a big fan of throwing the breaking ball into the oppo hitter. If you put it where it's supposed to be (back door or back inside ankle) fine. But if you miss over the plate, you've basically given away a change up over the plate. My son does the shyt all the time and it drive me crazy when he should IMO put the 2 seem followed by the change over the outside corner. But he's to in love with his slider and I told him sooner or later........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2-2 Gators v Noles = top 5th inning. Gators at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.