Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GREAT night last night as Gators Gymnastics won, Lady Gator softballers won 11-3 with a season high of 15 hits, and our beloved Baseball team won 4-1 while allowing only 3 hits and striking out 18 batters! Regardless of opponent, 18 Ks is a crap ton of strikeouts and shows our pitchers are locked in once again. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going.

Barco, Ficarrotta Combine for 18 Strikeouts in Series-Opening Win Over Georgia State - Florida Gators

No. 3 Gators Win vs. No. 2 Oklahoma on Senior Night - Florida Gators

No. 4 Gators Tally Season-High for Hits in Win Over DePaul - Florida Gators

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
GREAT night last night as Gators Gymnastics won, Lady Gator softballers won 11-3 with a season high of 15 hits, and our beloved Baseball team won 4-1 while allowing only 3 hits and striking out 18 batters! Regardless of opponent, 18 Ks is a crap ton of strikeouts and shows our pitchers are locked in once again. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going.

Barco, Ficarrotta Combine for 18 Strikeouts in Series-Opening Win Over Georgia State - Florida Gators

No. 3 Gators Win vs. No. 2 Oklahoma on Senior Night - Florida Gators

No. 4 Gators Tally Season-High for Hits in Win Over DePaul - Florida Gators
They have three kids in the outfield who put up K signs for every SO. They only had a total of 15 so for the last 3 they had to take off their tee-shirts, which had a K on the front and hold them up. A cool funny picture to cap off a masterful pitching performance.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Gwynn was what they used to refer to as a mixed hitter, same as Rose. Power to all fields and damn near impossible to K.

over 10k plate appearances, K'd a total of 434. Do that math. avg 29 Ks per season. Career stats on K's are base on AB. BB aren't counted as AB so I take issue with the 4.4% career K pct.
I really thought he’d be the one to hit .400. He came damn close in ‘94. He only needed three more of his ABs to have been hits.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Gators win 13-4 and Take Series against Georgia St. 5-2 Overall, Gators brought the lumber today

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Gators win 13-4 and Take Series against Georgia St. 5-2 Overall, Gators brought the lumber today
They did hit tonight. Saw some discipline at the plate and a few op field hits. Much better approach at the plate. I missed the first inning and I thought he was starting Pierce Coppola and he went with Abner. Hope Coppolla is not injured and Sully was just mixing it up. Overall the pitching was consistent all night, nothing like the masterpiece Friday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
All in all a good weekend. No, not b/c they swept GSU, but like Liberty, I think GSU will be a good team in their own conference. This team definitely has weaknesses, but one thing we might have that I have not seen since possibly Maronde or Rodriguez is 1 or 2 competent left handed pitchers out of the bullpen. We seem to always lack LHP's out of the pen and what we have had recently seemed to be named Baker, Butler, Van Der Welde or Langworthy, etc.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don't know about all this baseball stuff, but my daughter is singing the national anthem at one of the Tennessee games in April.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators up 11-0 in the bottom of the 7th. 15 hits for the Gators, 5 HRs for the Gators. Gators pitchers have only allowed 3 hits, Wowsers.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Now 17-0 bottom 8.. FAMU really has no arms...
mid-week games are really hard on teams like FAMU as they clearly don't have the pitching depth of UF. It's a great way to get young arms and young hitters opportunity so when they are called on for weekend games they are ready to go. We have been smoking the ball the last several games. This weekend in Coral Gables will be telling as to whether we are as good as we have looked or if it was just such a talent gap it was a mirage. We will know by Sunday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators up 7-0 through 5. Fourth consecutive game with 10+ hits. @FireFoley have you been going to games?

No I have not as I moved away 2 years ago, but would still go. Unfortunately I am dealing with a family medical situation, so I won;t get a chance to go, but I have watched a little bit on TV. Won't get carried away about these midweek games, other than it is nice to see fewer K's and fewer errors. This weekend against scrotUM should a be a decent gauge for how the team is coming together. As you know baseball is full of peaks and valleys, and we need to try and void those as much as possible. Last year was just not fun to watch.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still very early in the season so how we look now may not be the same team that we look later on in the season late in the SEC play. Remember in 2017 we were HORRID midway through SEC play and then flipped the switch to an easy run through the CWS and NC win. Anything can happen.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
No I have not as I moved away 2 years ago, but would still go. Unfortunately I am dealing with a family medical situation, so I won;t get a chance to go, but I have watched a little bit on TV. Won't get carried away about these midweek games, other than it is nice to see fewer K's and fewer errors. This weekend against scrotUM should a be a decent gauge for how the team is coming together. As you know baseball is full of peaks and valleys, and we need to try and void those as much as possible. Last year was just not fun to watch.

Sorry to hear about family and I hope all is well, miss your live updates. Agree this weekend should tell us alot, especially on the road. I’ll get there for a baseball game one day. Glad to see gators hitting the ball, long way to go.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Tonight we have the caines. The caines have only lost 1 game (to Harvard), but half of their wins (four to be exact) were against Towson. Towson has only won 2 games, but. in fairness to Towson. 4 of their 7 losses were to miami to start the season and 2 were to LSU. Most of um's games were won with 10 or more wins, so it sounds like a high scoring affair this evening. Only Harvard was beat in a close game (2-1).

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Tonight we have the caines. The caines have only lost 1 game (to Harvard), but half of their wins (four to be exact) were against Towson. Towson has only won 2 games, but. in fairness to Towson. 4 of their 7 losses were to miami to start the season and 2 were to LSU. Most of um's games were won with 10 or more wins, so it sounds like a high scoring affair this evening. Only Harvard was beat in a close game (2-1).
Yet, we have Barco on the bump, I'll take those odds.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
:popcorn:

Getting shut out. 8 left on. bases loaded K. 2 on Armstrong K's. We strike out alot and with runners on. I won't even go into the crappy azz base running and why Guscette in behind the plate.

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Miami 5 - 2 final

12 runner left on base. Vs 4 for Miami

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays