2022 investing thread

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sold my rental property (a cabin in Virginia) last year and I'm sitting on the money (and it's not doing so well in the brokerage account this year). I think I'm more in the 9.9% (which I read is $1.2mil to $20mil - and I'm on that lower end. lol).
:scoff:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Netflix new logo.
PJlJfZ20Tmpo.jpeg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Netflix new logo.
PJlJfZ20Tmpo.jpeg

Ironically, on Sunday we watched the "The Last Blockbuster" on Netflix. It was a pretty low budget and slightly corny documentary. But still pretty interesting if you grew up in that era and it shed some light on a lot of the behind the scenes financial info. But a Blockbuster store on a friday night in the 90s was the spot to be.... From the smell of the store, to the sound of the boxes snapping shut, to waiting at the return bin, to the rewind fees. My kids couldnt wrap the their head around even the concept of the store.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Markets are taking a beating today! This is going to put the S&P down over 10% for the year, I believe.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hypothetical question amongst fellow members and investing enthusiast....

Lets say you knew someone who was getting really pissed off at the markets and after this latest sham(yesterday and today) had enough money left in their outside trading account to pay off 2 rental properties and collect net rent(after taxes and insurance) somewhere around $2500 a month.

Would you recommend said person go ahead because this is more than likely only the beginning of a long slow draw down(look at the markets performance over the last 5 months)?

Would you say it's better to let the tenants slowly pay off with their rapidly devaluing dollars and just hold the cash?

Would you say keep the money in the trading account and run f vcking head first into every m#therf vcking dip that comes along hoping to pop the "big one" occasionally and don't be obsessed with the daily price action of the markets?

Inquiring minds are losing sleep every night wanting to know.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hypothetical question amongst fellow members and investing enthusiast....

Lets say you knew someone who was getting really pissed off at the markets and after this latest sham(yesterday and today) had enough money left in their outside trading account to pay off 2 rental properties and collect net rent(after taxes and insurance) somewhere around $2500 a month.

Would you recommend said person go ahead because this is more than likely only the beginning of a long slow draw down(look at the markets performance over the last 5 months)?

Would you say it's better to let the tenants slowly pay off with their rapidly devaluing dollars and just hold the cash?

Would you say keep the money in the trading account and run f vcking head first into every m#therf vcking dip that comes along hoping to pop the "big one" occasionally and don't be obsessed with the daily price action of the markets?

Inquiring minds are losing sleep every night wanting to know.

Regarding the properties, I believe you need to take Randolph Duke's advice and...............

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Regarding the properties, I believe you need to take Randolph Duke's advice and.........
Don't think so....the millennials are being stalled but won't be put off forever and "said owner" is not quite as old as some others on here :lol:. Seriously if I were a few years older I probably would but the lack of starter home inventory isn't going to be cured in the next 3-5 years. If they're paid off that would be 30k a year to DCA into the markets from a better entry point( I think they'll fall another 20-30%) and I could always re leverage(just took out a HELOC on one of them yesterday) and use the cash to plunk back into the market all at once....ya know like if Trump gets re elected which would still be almost 3 years down the road.

I'm thinking it's probably a win/win and will start selling off stocks on Monday, Tuesday or whenever the next bear market rally happens.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Pull out all the equity in the homes, then see how much you can get on margin, then buy as much Dogecoin as possible.

LEEEEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOYYYYYYY
JEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNKKIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNS!!!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Oh wait... "said person" just looked and now there is not quite enough money left to pay off the rental properties.....
R.2114dda8c2a9a9f25857ca01b44d780a
1.) Don't panic.
2.) Accumulate as much dry powder as possible. 2nd and 3rd mortgages if you can.
3.) Let it all ride on NFLX, FB and SoFi.
4.) Profit. Become next Elon Musk.
5.) Buy CNN.
6.) Lead counter-revolution to reclaim our country from Communists.
7.) Become member of the Gator Guard.
8.) Meet Huge HathCock. Live large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.