I don't feel so good...
Look-how-they-massacred-my-boy..jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mortgage rates his 5.37% week ending 4/22:

U.S. mortgage interest rates rise further, loan demand ebbs

April 27 (Reuters) - The average interest rate on the most popular U.S. home loan rose to its highest level since June 2009 last week and demand for mortgages ebbed as the impact of rising costs began to bite, Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) data showed on Wednesday.

The average contract rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage increased to 5.37% in the week ended April 22 from 5.20% a week earlier, the MBA survey showed.

It has risen 220 basis points from 12 months ago, with most of the rise since the turn of the year as financial markets have reacted to the U.S. Federal Reserve's plans to raise interest rates more swiftly to combat high inflation.

The central bank is expected to lift its benchmark interest rate by 50 basis points at its policy meeting next week, and to decide to start cutting its portfolio of $8.5 trillion of U.S. Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities - a stash of assets that had helped keep consumer borrowing costs, for mortgages in particular, low throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.

The housing market continues to give mixed signals, mostly because of near record low supply.

The Conference Board's consumer confidence index survey on Tuesday showed the number of consumers planning to buy a house climbed, despite soaring mortgage rates and record house prices. The median existing house price jumped 15% from a year earlier to an all-time high of $375,300 in March, the National Association of Realtors reported last week.

Still, mortgage applications declined last week for the second week in a row. The MBA said its Purchase Composite Index, a measure of all mortgage loan applications for purchase of a single family home, fell 7.6% on a seasonally adjusted basis, while the refinance index fell 9%. (Reporting by Lindsay Dunsmuir; Editing by Andrew Heavens)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mortgage rates his 5.37% week ending 4/22:

U.S. mortgage interest rates rise further, loan demand ebbs

April 27 (Reuters) - The average interest rate on the most popular U.S. home loan rose to its highest level since June 2009 last week and demand for mortgages ebbed as the impact of rising costs began to bite, Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) data showed on Wednesday.

The average contract rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage increased to 5.37% in the week ended April 22 from 5.20% a week earlier, the MBA survey showed.

It has risen 220 basis points from 12 months ago, with most of the rise since the turn of the year as financial markets have reacted to the U.S. Federal Reserve's plans to raise interest rates more swiftly to combat high inflation.

The central bank is expected to lift its benchmark interest rate by 50 basis points at its policy meeting next week, and to decide to start cutting its portfolio of $8.5 trillion of U.S. Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities - a stash of assets that had helped keep consumer borrowing costs, for mortgages in particular, low throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.

The housing market continues to give mixed signals, mostly because of near record low supply.

The Conference Board's consumer confidence index survey on Tuesday showed the number of consumers planning to buy a house climbed, despite soaring mortgage rates and record house prices. The median existing house price jumped 15% from a year earlier to an all-time high of $375,300 in March, the National Association of Realtors reported last week.

Still, mortgage applications declined last week for the second week in a row. The MBA said its Purchase Composite Index, a measure of all mortgage loan applications for purchase of a single family home, fell 7.6% on a seasonally adjusted basis, while the refinance index fell 9%. (Reporting by Lindsay Dunsmuir; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
I think regionality is key here. We are still pushing 170 closings for this month and purchases are even up a bit....What I'm really waiting for is the Powell Pilot probably in August/September when the zombies will be pushing against our door harder than Pilot at Walgreens when a new booster is announced...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A strong dollar hurts commodities, but the impact on stocks really depends on the stock.
Value/Financials seem to hold up better than anything else and of course energy....at least for me. Everything else(commodities for me) tries to go up but the minute the dollar heads higher it gets pushed back down. New China lockdowns aren't helping either.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I give up....guess I'll sit on cash and "rental dividends" while this dumpster fire rages. F vck China, F vck Biden, and F vck the shorts.....(not you URG) :lol2:
tenor.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I give up....guess I'll sit on cash and "rental dividends" while this dumpster fire rages. F vck China, F vck Biden, and F vck the shorts.....(not you URG) :lol2:
tenor.gif
Just sell everything and retire.

You're welcome.
Dumbass

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just looked at my 401k, that was a mistake :lol:
-6.99% on the 1st quarter.
but year to date is down 15.82%. This last month has been even more brutal :couch:

I'm probably in the same boat w/ my TSP and brokerage account. It's a kick in the nuts. I'm still doing my automatic withdrawals, so hopefully the 'buy low' part of investing strategy is taking place right now...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm probably in the same boat w/ my TSP and brokerage account. It's a kick in the nuts. I'm still doing my automatic withdrawals, so hopefully the 'buy low' part of investing strategy is taking place right now...
Yea. I purposely put them in stuff that shows more long term growth but is a bit more volatile. The good part is when it goes up it goes up quick, but it also comes down fast too :lol: I have quite a long way to go and started late, so I don't mind pushing it a little for now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
S&P is down 13.3% for the year. Ooooof!

That’s the biggest issue I have right now. My IRA was heavily leveraged with the S&P last year, and even though I’ve shaved it back quite a bit, I’m still getting hit there.

Ironically, our regular brokerage account is positive for the year and outperforming last year by a mile. I’ve timed things very well the last few months, a 180 from the theme of 2021 for me. I didn’t sell the rally that we saw toward the end of lat week, which has been my biggest misstep this year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
just checked my IRA too, down 14% ytd.

Joe Biden is a bytch.

That thing was skyrocketing under Trump :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.