Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At this point his buyout should be allowed to lapse. There's no reason to have one, he's not going anywhere. No equal or bigger fish in college or any fish in the pros is coming around to grab him so the buyout only hurts us.

He's already one of the top paid coaches in the game. Over 6 million a year. Is there anyone, ANYONE in cfb that could look at his body of work and think, "wow, we gotta have him, let's throw 7 mil at him to get him!"

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
we now pay him 7.5 million a year I think.

Yeah I was thinking I heard 7.6. I know I heard one of the sports stations the other day make a comment about him being the 3rd highest paid coach. Not sure if that was in the country or the SEC, but they were basically throwing him under the bus saying it's time for him to earn it. Especially after all that NFL bullshyt talk last year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
An absolutely blistering analysis on state of recruiting under Dan Mullen

And you don’t get to play footsie with the NFL, get rewarded with a $7.6 million annual salary (the third highest in college football) and not have expectations ramp up for all facets of the program. At that level of compensation, there aren’t any excuses when you get beat, whether it’s on the field or on the recruiting trail.

Mullen came to Gainesville talking about the Gator Standard. He then ranted after the ugly loss to Missouri talking about wanting to win at anything and being a competitor, even if it’s just a thumb wrestling match. I completely understand Florida fans who hear that and then get frustrated when he doesn’t seem to want to win the recruiting wars. Because like it or not, winning those wars are a prerequisite to winning consistently on the field.

Wining those wars is the Gator Standard.

For further clarification and for those of you who didn't read Gator J's linked article....our f*cking lazy, vactioning ass, non-recruiting, motherf*cker of head coach now makes 7.6 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!! And he can't land a top 10 recruiting class to save his life.....and he DOES NOT GIVE A F*CK!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
For further clarification and for those of you who didn't read Gator J's linked article....our f*cking lazy, vactioning ass, non-recruiting, motherf*cker of head coach now makes 7.6 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!! And he can't land a top 10 recruiting class to save his life.....and he DOES NOT GIVE A F*CK!
It sounds like you’re getting your strength back. Glad to see you’re recovering from the Wuhan flu.!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Friday night - Buford GA (Florida commit) Isaiah Bond had 2 catches on the night.
On defense, he shut down one of the best WR (Janiran Bonner) in the state of GA.

In two weeks, he goes up against North Cobb and they have two of the top WRs in GA. One is committed to UGA (De'Nylon Morrissette) and another looking at UF (Samuel Mbake).

I am hoping they open up the offense and let him shine. He'll be going up against a CB committed to UGA (Marquis Groves-Killebrew).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Friday night - Buford GA (Florida commit) Isaiah Bond had 2 catches on the night.
On defense, he shut down one of the best WR (Janiran Bonner) in the state of GA.

In two weeks, he goes up against North Cobb and they have two of the top WRs in GA. One is committed to UGA (De'Nylon Morrissette) and another looking at UF (Samuel Mbake).

I am hoping they open up the offense and let him shine. He'll be going up against a CB committed to UGA (Marquis Groves-Killebrew).

Thanks for bringing some recruiting news Homer. :D

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 board members are pissed about this news. Said he’s a terrible prospect. 2021 kid. Not even sure he signed with anyone or played anywhere.

news says he might come here in the fall but won’t be able to join until end of season.

Note on Ramier Lewis

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The link says I have to pay a dollar to join. Do they accept OxBux? what is a Ramier Lewis? and what is the news? Not that it matters as we are headed for one of these type seasons :trainwreck:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 board members are pissed about this news. Said he’s a terrible prospect. 2021 kid. Not even sure he signed with anyone or played anywhere.

news says he might come here in the fall but won’t be able to join until end of season.

Note on Ramier Lewis

not sure how bad he is. 247 has him rated really low but Rivals had him as a solid Midwest eval.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
At this point his buyout should be allowed to lapse. There's no reason to have one, he's not going anywhere. No equal or bigger fish in college or any fish in the pros is coming around to grab him so the buyout only hurts us.

He's already one of the top paid coaches in the game. Over 6 million a year. Is there anyone, ANYONE in cfb that could look at his body of work and think, "wow, we gotta have him, let's throw 7 mil at him to get him!"

THIS

...And he meets FUCHS' needs. Football and Sports are "nice" to have...We are Top 10 in most sports....Good enough.... BUT we are an ELITE "Public" University. Now go bring me my GRANTS

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

This is awesome except.......
OIP.aKN5yXmh-9P9I6Lx10oBLQHaD4

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020

We made Trevor Etienne’s top 5. I’ve read rumors that he’s looking at us so he can be close to his brother since he plays for the Jags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.