Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So what's your prediction of when CDM gets canned?
I think he lasts this year, absent a total collapse, which is possible, but gets fired Oct 31 of next year.

Its terrible that were now basically looking at one great hire, three elite recruiting classes, really more like 2 good, climbing or way back up, and 3 elite classes, before we every compete again.

Basically 2027 if we get very lucky.

The reality is the lost decades may be the 10s, 20s and 30s bc I dont think this AD has the slightest chance of getting the hire right.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think he lasts this year, absent a total collapse, which is possible, but gets fired Oct 31 of next year.

I agree with the overall view that a bad year this season, then presumably confounded by a loss in Jax the next, may well be the trigger.

But I actually hope you're wrong. In part, as always, because I'd rather see us succeed than bottom and attempt a rebuild yet again, and in part because I know by 7pm on Oct 31st, he'll be in full on Avengers costume when he gets the news. Like him or not, no one deserves to be fired like that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the overall view that a bad year this season, then presumably confounded by a loss in Jax the next, may well be the trigger.

But I actually hope you're wrong. In part, as always, because I'd rather see us succeed than bottom and attempt a rebuild yet again, and in part because I know by 7pm on Oct 31st, he'll be in full on Avengers costume when he gets the news. Like him or not, no one deserves to be fired like that.

Is that before or after he tries to start a fight with a player on the field again?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I expect he'd leave before we'd fire him, but who voluntarily gives up a premier HC job to become a coordinator? I just don't see that happening. I agree that he does not do well with criticism, but, as his agent will no doubt remind him, millions of dollars can cure a lot of hurt feelings.
As for his performance at UF, Championship football does not seem as important with the current UF admin as it was in the past. Given the state of the SEC East and the clowns still being a ways off, I could see CDM winning 9-10 games every year until the divisions get re-aligned and I suspect the powers that be will find that to be "good enough." I just don't see a collapse like Chimp or Butters had, making it a no-brainer for the current brain trust.
FTR - I'd love to be posting in the future about how wrong I was and how right you and @Swamp Donkey were.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is that before or after he tries to start a fight with a player on the field again?

Oh I think definitely after. I already have Usf week 2 pegged as my "start a fight" game this season. Next year, I'm on the fence. Obvious answer would be Vu or Mizzou, but I'm not sure Mullen's a retread kind of guy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I think definitely after. I already have Usf week 2 pegged as my "start a fight" game this season. Next year, I'm on the fence. Obvious answer would be Vu or Mizzou, but I'm not sure Mullen's a retread kind of guy.

A team follows the emotional maturity of their leader... it was a big knock that people had against Muschamp, but people seem to pretend that isn't the case under Mullen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A team follows the emotional maturity of their leader... it was a big knock that people had against Muschamp, but people seem to pretend that isn't the case under Mullen.

No argument there. I still think we lost the uga game in 2013 almost solely because of the stupid personal foul by one of our OLinemen when we had a chance at the end. Infuriates me to this day because, as you mentioned, it was a reflection of the out of control ape we had on the sidelines.

I also remember there in the stands at the Csu game in 2018 when Franks got the unnecessary roughness penalty on one of our opening drives. Maybe the first time I've ever seen that called on a QB. Fortunately cooler heads eventually prevailed that day and any hypothetical concerns for the future such as engaging in a full blown, bench clearing brawl with a bunch of nerds in Nashville were quickly dispelled.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Its terrible that were now basically looking at one great hire, three elite recruiting classes, really more like 2 good, climbing or way back up, and 3 elite classes, before we every compete again.

Basically 2027 if we get very lucky.

The reality is the lost decades may be the 10s, 20s and 30s bc I dont think this AD has the slightest chance of getting the hire right.
Let it be on the record that Donk is giving the next coach three recruiting classes.
Does the transition class count?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I expect he'd leave before we'd fire him, e.
Leave for where? That shttstain has had exactly one job offer in 12 years?

Well, maybe Tinerc after 17 other people turned it down.

FTR - I'd love to be posting in the future about how wrong I was and how right you and @Swamp Donkey were.
You will.

1-3 vs Uga (with the only win coming over I'll walk on quarterback) will have his ass nuclear this fall. especially after the other usual September and October ****shows.

you must be a completely unaware as to have quickly the room temperature changed after his triple face plant last fall. Gators suddenly remembered that Mullinz isnthe same Mullinz theyve hated since 2005.

It made me proud of Gatornation.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So what's your prediction of when CDM gets canned?

People who make $7.6 million/year don't quit just for the f*ck of it, especially at 48 years old and when their boss is cool w/ 80% performance. But, sure, let's predict when our middle of the road, over paid coach gets canned.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People who make $7.6 million/year don't quit just for the f*ck of it, especially at 48 years old and when their boss is cool w/ 80% performance. But, sure, let's predict when our middle of the road, over paid coach gets canned.....
Yeah, at this point it is in his best interest to get fired, be a multimillionaire and vacation even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.