Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'd rather have an OL than Etienne. We got Gibbs and we got a solid group of RBs. Factor in our offense really doesn't use them and Im not thrilled about any RB prospects. More excited when we pull in a big physical WR and a high ranked ATH than RBs. We need OL and thats what I'd rather see as news instead of a RB from Louisiana with a famous bro who went to Clemson.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We made Trevor Etienne’s top 5. I’ve read rumors that he’s looking at us so he can be close to his brother since he plays for the Jags.

Yeah seen the same. But I’ve also seen that it’s a pretty long shot.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
except for the 2 dorks in the middle.
EXACTLY

R.67190d828be615f6073ba0510e1b13b8

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well... on one hand, he won't get many carries and has a lesser chance of getting his knees blown out.

On the other hand, he will have no stats and it will hurt his draft status.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Well... on one hand, he won't get many carries and has a lesser chance of getting his knees blown out.

On the other hand, he will have no stats and it will hurt his draft status.

Pffffft, Mullen is miles ahead of you on this. He only signs running backs who've already blowed out their knees. Try and keep up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We made Trevor Etienne’s top 5. I’ve read rumors that he’s looking at us so he can be close to his brother since he plays for the Jags.

RB Trevor Etienne, brother of Travis, breaks down top five

The fact that Etienne's brother is starting his professional career off with the Jaguars could help the Gators.

"I like [Greg Knox] and [Dan Mullen]. They just want the best for me and the best for the program," Etienne said. "I love Florida. I mean, it's close to the beach. It's also close to my brother and that would make it easier on my family just for them to get to games and support both of us. That's a big deal."

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

The fact that Etienne's brother is starting his professional career off with the Jaguars could help the Gators.

"I like [Greg Knox] and [Dan Mullen]. They just want the best for me and the best for the program," Etienne said. "I love Florida. I mean, it's close to the beach. It's also close to my brother and that would make it easier on my family just for them to get to games and support both of us. That's a big deal."

That just sounds like one of those things you say because you know the audience you are talking wants to hear something positive. He isn't going to pick UF over other schools because his brother is in Jacksonville.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

An hour and a half drive is not "close to the beach" by Florida standards.

In fact, a true native Floridian (which I am) measures the distance in terms of beer.

An entire beer walk?

giphy.gif

TOO FAR !

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zero percent chance. His rationale is a 90 minute drive to the beach and his brother? :facepalm:

Did I say zero? Nevermind, it's less than that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zero percent chance. His rationale is a 90 minute drive to the beach and his brother? :facepalm:

Did I say zero? Nevermind, it's less than that.

there was a movie in the ‘80’s called Less than Zero. Robert Downey Jr turned gay to pay for drugs. Lines up with our recruiting efforts pretty well.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah seen the same. But I’ve also seen that it’s a pretty long shot.

Probably not as long as some think…am no way getting my hopes up though. Bama and uga already have 2 RB committed and unless that changes no way he goes either place. Leaving UF, LSU, Clemson. Family wanting to be close probably makes it a Clemson/UF battle

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We need this kind of talent for the next coach.
You say this like there's going to be a new coach anytime soon. This Admin and AD are perfectly happy with 8-4 & 9-3 seasons with the occasional 10-2. Unless one of the other SEC East programs other than Ugly suddenly actually gets good, CDM is safe at least until realignment when Texas and Okie show up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not as long as some think…am no way getting my hopes up though. Bama and uga already have 2 RB committed and unless that changes no way he goes either place. Leaving UF, LSU, Clemson. Family wanting to be close probably makes it a Clemson/UF battle
He falls for it EVERY time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.