Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It will take a collapse of epic proportions for the next 2 years for Mullen to get fired. Mullen is SS guy…UF didn’t fire that dip**** muscrap after a 4 win season. This is a UF that wouldn’t have fired butters if he didn’t fire himself. They don’t care anymore. Mullen is gonna be our Richt but without the good recruiting or couple of SEC championships

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It will take a collapse of epic proportions for the next 2 years for Mullen to get fired. Mullen is SS guy…UF didn’t fire that dip**** muscrap after a 4 win season. This is a UF that wouldn’t have fired butters if he didn’t fire himself. They don’t care anymore. Mullen is gonna be our Richt but without the good recruiting or couple of SEC championships

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will take a collapse of epic proportions for the next 2 years for Mullen to get fired.
So long as Mullens keeps Mullening, which he is and will, it is inevitable.

Stricklin may be gone too. He doesnt have the street cred that Fooley did to withstand hiring shttstains repeatedly.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mullen is a safe for the foreseeable future. It would take three really bad years to get his job and I'm guessing most here consider last year the first of three and he got a contract extension after last year, so what does that tell you.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mullen is a safe for the foreseeable future. It would take three really bad years to get his job and I'm guessing most here consider last year the first of three and he got a contract extension after last year, so what does that tell you.

Totally disagree. I think he’ll be ok, but it won’t be a Richt type situation. MR was adored across the fan base. Mullen is not. No way he survives some of the years MR survived, like ‘06, ‘09, ‘10 or ‘11.

If Mullen stays it will be because he’s winning. Nothing else. Otherwise he’ll be gone.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Totally disagree. I think he’ll be ok, but it won’t be a Richt type situation. MR was adored across the fan base. Mullen is not. No way he survives some of the years MR survived, like ‘06, ‘09, ‘10 or ‘11.

If Mullen stays it will be because he’s winning. Nothing else. Otherwise he’ll be gone.
so you think three years of 8-4 will get him?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
so you think three years of 8-4 will get him?

This year he’s on the seat, in large part because of the change back to his offense. If boosters, who already prefer the Spurrier days, see a notable decline in offense after watching last year, leading to losses, he goes into ‘22 scorching.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
This year he’s on the seat, in large part because of the change back to his offense. If boosters, who already prefer the Spurrier days, see a notable decline in offense after watching last year, leading to losses, he goes into ‘22 scorching.
Were not that far apart in our way of thinking.
An 8-4 this year gets him on the hot seat, hes not there now.
A third 8-4 he loses the fan base and a move could happen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So long as Mullens keeps Mullening, which he is and will, it is inevitable.

Stricklin may be gone too. He doesnt have the street cred that Fooley did to withstand hiring shttstains repeatedly.
These guys don't want another AD search. The last one was a **** show. I don't know that stricklins on the hot seat , though he damn sure should be

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have become ambivalent about this season. Hard to get excited about mediocrity. We're stuck with Mullen, stuck with Grantham and all their lil fuching coach friends. Stuck with shytty recruiting, piss poor AD leadership, and a student section that would rather play pokemon.

If no one surrounding the program cares, why the fuchs should I?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
An 8-4 this year gets him on the hot seat, hes not there now.
He could go 10-2, he won't but he could, and lose to Ugly again and be on the hot seat.

We wont tolerate this ****bag losing to Ugly like clockwork.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Just checked Rivals again. Back down to #38. Jumped by Stanford and GA Tech. Still #12 in SEC and #18 based on avg star rating. Quite the disaster in the making.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I have become ambivalent about this season. Hard to get excited about mediocrity. We're stuck with Mullen, stuck with Grantham and all their lil fuching coach friends. Stuck with shytty recruiting, piss poor AD leadership, and a student section that would rather play pokemon.

If no one surrounding the program cares, why the fuchs should I?
It's sad but there are a bunch of us that feel the same way. The only thing that will get change is a potential or real loss in revenue. Bull Gators need to cut the AD OFF.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just don’t see it. Other than here, all I hear is how he’s a “top 5-10” coach and how he’s done this miraculous turnaround at UF. I think he’s gonna have to really tank to get on the hot seat.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just don’t see it. Other than here, all I hear is how he’s a “top 5-10” coach and how he’s done this miraculous turnaround at UF. I think he’s gonna have to really tank to get on the hot seat.

Well, I think that should tell you two things. One, he is considered a solid coach by virtually everyone outside of here, and two, hasn’t done that bad of a job up to this point regardless of what some think and insist.

But I still think the WM experiment showed so much about the heavy boosters and Bulls at UF. They had every reason to launch that clown after 2011, not to mention 2013. But they liked him, and also wanted so badly a return to more traditional offense. He was one of them. Mullen is not. I mean, I sat with a Bull at the ‘09 uga game that was still raving about what a man Zook was compared to Meyer and how he’d swap the two in a second. All this in the midst of an undefeated season and defending a national title. They like who they like, they don’t who they don’t. DM was never a popular hire at that level and what may have compounded matters was having to go to Trask and that offense last year. It gave them a taste. The moment we go QB keeper right with Jones on back to back plays, there will be grumbling. If it fails, and we take a major step back, it will get loud quick.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
A few more nuggets from Rivals. Checked the top 100 in Florida. Our highest ranked verbal is #30 (Gibbs). Teams with verbals from FL recruits ranked higher than Gibbs.
- Indiana
- Arizona State
- UCF
- Iowa State

Verbals from Rivals top 100 Florida recruits
- FSU - 9
- UCF - 4
- Mullen & Co - 3

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm sensing that nobody cares anymore. The administration sure doesn't care. Nor the AD. And the coaching staff sure doesn't give a shyt. But worse it seems that boosters and fans have accepted 8-4 as the new Gator standard.
I don't expect anything to change. Maybe ever.

Not until there's a new University President who hires a competent AD and tells him to make UF Football great again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator