Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What the F are you talking about? We lost to 3 teams that would have been on our schedule anyways.

I already explained it above and it’s really not that hard. It has nothing to do with the losses. I never questioned them or defended them. We shortened the season by 2 games that are almost always complete pushovers.

Let’s say Ryan Day hits a wall and starts getting some heat in a few years. Do you really think there will be morons talking about that 7 win season he just had, with Fields as his QB no less??

Again, this is almost frightening. Play 12 games and we win 10. Fire him for the Lsu game alone. Fine by me. But we didn’t have a traditional 8-4 season. Again, it’s just not that hard.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Worrying about Gus is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard . He had a shot against us with a far superior roster than he could ever build in Orlando and turned that into a double
Digit loss.

Every QB he has signed has either under achieved or has transferred . He isn’t some mastermind that is great with improving quarterbacks . Stidham was a stud when he got on the plains and he won’t be able to lure a premier defensive coach like Kevin Steele for that side of the ball. Gus is a decent football coach . Nothing more , nothing less. If I’m wrong and he does great things for UCF he will parlay that into a better job immediately.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
if Kingsbury can get fired by Texas Tech and then hired as a HC in the NFL, surely Mullen could get a shot).

Chip Kelly was an even bigger McElwain than McElwain - no way does he do the Gator Chomp coming off the plane).

I liked your post, as it was a good first post and hope you keep at it. These two are such highlight issues though of why our fan base is so easily duped into supporting guys that have given 90% signals that this isn’t going to turn out well.

You know who else doesn’t have video of Gator chomping off a plane right after being hired: Meyer and SOS. Maybe they did. Have never seen it. It’s just as relevant as Mullen actually doing it and tying it to winning.

As to the NFL idea, just wow. But, I hope you’re right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Worrying about Gus is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard
He is out recruiting us today. He is a far better recruiter than our Douchebag period. It isnt even debatable.

That is all that matters.

Because the Cowbell shtt that is on the field now is going to continue to smell for years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get the feeling that an NFL Team will take a chance on him soon

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
I'm sure the list of NFL teams that want to run power quarterback keepers is long and distinguished.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The way the UF HC played out our 2020 season. Essential components of Mullen's assemblage just drifted from competing, from representing.

Mullen showed he held zero concepts of the traditional Fighting Gators' heart and that is a big contributor to attracting talent ... it's what promises every recruit that playing here will be fun and will gain them national notoriety. There is no message of togetherness, no spirit of the gang. Your HC mails it in (vacations far away from the scene where he is required) - no Fighting Gators need apply - that's recruiting "reach out" at its worst. (Are our competitors not caring about their outreach.?) ... And so progress in better recruiting self-destructs. So each coming season shows joyless losing football at UF. All while Mullen basks sure in his security alongside his handpicked mushy FB-staff. The AD, UF President, etc provide Mullen the return-addressed envelopes to just mail it in. None of us like what we are reading here. We have a curse. We need an exorcism ... better yet an excoriation, cut out the rotten.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I already explained it above and it’s really not that hard. It has nothing to do with the losses. I never questioned them or defended them. We shortened the season by 2 games that are almost always complete pushovers.

Let’s say Ryan Day hits a wall and starts getting some heat in a few years. Do you really think there will be morons talking about that 7 win season he just had, with Fields as his QB no less??

Again, this is almost frightening. Play 12 games and we win 10. Fire him for the Lsu game alone. Fine by me. But we didn’t have a traditional 8-4 season. Again, it’s just not that hard.

So you are saying the season, the way it unfolded, would have been totally different had we been 10-4? I dont think anyone cares so much about the 8 wins as they do about those 4 losses. They were bad losses because of poor coaching. And...LSU last year was just one of those cup cake games you say Dan missed out on. Except we lost.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So you are saying the season, the way it unfolded, would have been totally different had we been 10-4? I dont think anyone cares so much about the 8 wins as they do about those 4 losses. They were bad losses because of poor coaching. And...LSU last year was just one of those cup cake games you say Dan missed out on. Except we lost.

Again, no desire to continue making a very simple math related point. I’ve stated no less than 5 times in this thread that the losses are the losses and he’ll have to answer for that. Never disputed them, never implied the season plays out differently. The initial post was about UF suddenly being ok with 8-4, which isn’t supported by one modified season where only ten games were played, all SEC. If that’s the case then Ohio State must be ok with 7 win teams. It’s just not that hard to understand that we’d have been 10-4 in any other normal season because we would’ve played two additional meaningless games that are factored into every win total ever recorded. Still not good enough, still ok with the quest for someone else. But still doesn’t make the initial claim any less inaccurate. I could explain this to a squirrel or medium intelligence sloth and get more clarity of response.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, Mullen's resume and life's work destroyed his reputation with recruits. You guys act like this is some aberration.

It is the trajectory of his recruiting here.

The trajectory of his recruiting at Cowbell 1.0.

And the trajectory of his career.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, it's the rejectory of his coaching philosophy by fans & by players & by recruits Only zero enthusiasm and less inspiration come from coaches that dally with upcoming threatening losses. It is UF against all others throughout every game, including bowl demonstrations. Gotta have players liking their coach and UF's tradition.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Again, no desire to continue making a very simple math related point. I’ve stated no less than 5 times in this thread that the losses are the losses and he’ll have to answer for that. Never disputed them, never implied the season plays out differently. The initial post was about UF suddenly being ok with 8-4, which isn’t supported by one modified season where only ten games were played, all SEC. If that’s the case then Ohio State must be ok with 7 win teams. It’s just not that hard to understand that we’d have been 10-4 in any other normal season because we would’ve played two additional meaningless games that are factored into every win total ever recorded. Still not good enough, still ok with the quest for someone else. But still doesn’t make the initial claim any less inaccurate. I could explain this to a squirrel or medium intelligence sloth and get more clarity of response.

Ok...yeah, its very easy to understand. You seem to think that beating Charleston Southern University and Towson State makes it a whole different conversation. And you also seem committed to doubling down on this stupid point.
MhpVB.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alex still has this painful Mullinz trampstamp. He is quite yet ready to abandon his love entirely.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
EJ Lightsley is supposed to commit at 1130 today (LB prospect from Georgia)....and yes, he's a 3-star.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EJ Lightsley is supposed to commit at 1130 today (LB prospect from Georgia)....and yes, he's a 3-star.
apparently we can't find three star linebackers in Florida. probably Malzahn got first pick.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah he’s a 3 star. But he’s a pretty damn good prospect. I wouldn’t go with elite prospect – but a good one. I think having him and Shrmar James in this class makes it a good LB class.

Speaking of linebacker… Laws nemesis, C Rob, has quietly become the best recruiter on staff not named Brewster.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah he’s a 3 star. But he’s a pretty damn good prospect. I wouldn’t go with elite prospect – but a good one. I think having him and Shrmar James in this class makes it a good LB class.

Speaking of linebacker… Laws nemesis, C Rob, has quietly become the best recruiter on staff not named Brewster.

I think he's good too, but I get tired of the "all our recruits are underrated". No, no they aren't - or we'd be a top 5 team year in and year out. Our classes finish around 9th to 14th....and that's where we finish the year in the final rankings too. He's a 3-star no matter how much we want to convince ourselves he's "underrated".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is a high 3 star though, right? :D
This is a good point. Cowbellin not Butterin!!!!

I wish he were from Florida but we've taken worse. 210 (as a junior) is 20 lb better than most of the linebackers we've signed lately. Hopefully we can get him up to around 235-240

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.