Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when people were claiming that Butters was going to leave a mess no coach would be able to compete in the next 6 years.... That was only 3 recruiting classes, Mullen is working on his 5th recruiting class.

And has proven to be worse than butters.

And I’m not gonna even entertain that bs that butters was killing it before he got fired. No chance that class was sticking together.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And I’m not gonna even entertain that bs that butters was killing it before he got fired. No chance that class was sticking together.

Which is my point... Mullen has done more damage to the organization and brand, than Butters and Muschamp did combined.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This story is currently on 247 (free article), kid says he spoke w/ Mullen for nearly 20 minutes. First off, that doesn't sound like something Mullen would normally do, and, second, it doesn't sound like something a coach who wasn't planning to be here next year would do. smh (additionally, this kid is a G5 talent who's getting late offers from a few P5 schools....but at this point, beggers can't be choosers).

Oregon gets involved with DL Ahmad Moten as Miami, Florida pick up contact

Tuesday night was an eventful one for Ahmad Moten. The three-star defensive lineman out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons not only picked up a scholarship offer from Oregon after talking with Mario Cristobal, but had a near 20-minute conversation with Florida's Dan Mullen. Wednesday night could be just as busy for Moten as he expects Miami's Manny Diaz and plenty of other coaches to reach out.

Moten is set to spend this upcoming Saturday at Florida on another unofficial visit. He thinks the Gators could also be close to offering him a scholarship.

"Coach Mullen said that he's fired up that I'm coming up there. I also talked to Coach [David] Turner, too. Everyone is just excited to see me," Moten said.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
This story is currently on 247 (free article), kid says he spoke w/ Mullen for nearly 20 minutes. First off, that doesn't sound like something Mullen would normally do, and, second, it doesn't sound like something a coach who wasn't planning to be here next year would do. smh (additionally, this kid is a G5 talent who's getting late offers from a few P5 schools....but at this point, beggers can't be choosers).

Oregon gets involved with DL Ahmad Moten as Miami, Florida pick up contact

Tuesday night was an eventful one for Ahmad Moten. The three-star defensive lineman out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons not only picked up a scholarship offer from Oregon after talking with Mario Cristobal, but had a near 20-minute conversation with Florida's Dan Mullen. Wednesday night could be just as busy for Moten as he expects Miami's Manny Diaz and plenty of other coaches to reach out.

Moten is set to spend this upcoming Saturday at Florida on another unofficial visit. He thinks the Gators could also be close to offering him a scholarship.

"Coach Mullen said that he's fired up that I'm coming up there. I also talked to Coach [David] Turner, too. Everyone is just excited to see me," Moten said.

Pile up the 3 stars baby! :yes:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Again - at this point, beggers can't be choosers. This class is going to be sh*t, we'll be lucky to sign 20. And I'll be surprised if we have less than 8 transfers.

This is going to be the issue, why would parents of a kid that has NFL aspirations come to UF. The offense in 3 of the 4 years doesn't set up for easy transition or for good NFL grades. Now you have a coach that probably isn't going to be there long, do you really want your kid to go to a staff that won't be there?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We have a dozen or so silent commits.

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is going to be the issue, why would parents of a kid that has NFL aspirations come to UF. The offense in 3 of the 4 years doesn't set up for easy transition or for good NFL grades. Now you have a coach that probably isn't going to be there long, do you really want your kid to go to a staff that won't be there?
obviously if your kid was a wide receiver or running back you'd want to go somewhere else. just the lack of production and low stats maybe 500 yards at best are going to cost most players tens of millions of dollars and make them into 4th to 6th round players.

conversely the terrible defensive scheme seems to help the defensive players. players get graded on their agility and speed alone and the NFL scouts seem to assume that they're bad film is due to totally incompetent coaching, and we still see defensive backs who struggled in college going in the first two or three rounds.

obviously you don't want to be a linebacker at the University of Florida currently if you want to go to the pros.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
obviously if your kid was a wide receiver or running back you'd want to go somewhere else. just the lack of production and low stats maybe 500 yards at best are going to cost most players tens of millions of dollars and make them into 4th to 6th round players.

conversely the terrible defensive scheme seems to help the defensive players. players get graded on their agility and speed alone and the NFL scouts seem to assume that they're bad film is due to totally incompetent coaching, and we still see defensive backs who struggled in college going in the first two or three rounds.

obviously you don't want to be a linebacker at the University of Florida currently if you want to go to the pros.

Mullen is saving wear and tear on their body. 4D chess

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Where are the players going to come from now? It's so late in the cycle now with very subpar effort on our staffs behalf that I look around out there and just don't see where there going to get any players that are more than just bodies to fill holes! Not holes in the line but holes in the roster as a whole. Who is going to want to play for the turd whisper when he has one foot out the door already! And he is just not going to have enough pull to bring in anyone from the portal also due to his tenure being almost over at U.F. ! So wow this is gonna hurt for a few years!!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Even if he's toast, Mullen can't appear to have checked out. It won't do any future prospects he may have any good and..wth... yeah, he'll put in a little effort for some 3 stars. It's the least he can do for the folks paying him 7+ million.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

It damn sure wasn't, you're right. But it does tell me that with the right coaches, we could still pull in some solid classes

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It damn sure wasn't, you're right. But it does tell me that with the right coaches, we could still pull in some solid classes

Not when the head man doesn’t prioritize it. Mullen has never recruited well or cared to. Unless you mean replacing him as part of getting the right coaches in here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember thinking Dumbass Mullen probably wouldnt survive firing Jujuan Seider to make room Knox.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So naive.
It is when he killed himself. He was never going to survive. Arrogant enough to think kids would come rushing to him.

Hard to believe his transition class was his best class.

And it was Jujuan managing to sell Butters.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It is when he killed himself. He was never going to survive. Arrogant enough to think kids would come rushing to him.

Hard to believe his transition class was his best class.

And it was Jujuan managing to sell Butters.
Well, yeah, he's screwed up a lot. He's...hopefully...figured out there's a big difference between being OC at Florida or HC at Cowbell and being the head coach at Florida. Anybody we get here has a lot to live up to. He's handled things badly in so many ways., but admin has given him a much longer leash than many fans want. That's reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator