Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not when the head man doesn’t prioritize it. Mullen has never recruited well or cared to. Unless you mean replacing him as part of getting the right coaches in here.
Definitely mean getting the right coaches in here

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
obviously if your kid was a wide receiver or running back you'd want to go somewhere else. just the lack of production and low stats maybe 500 yards at best are going to cost most players tens of millions of dollars and make them into 4th to 6th round players.

conversely the terrible defensive scheme seems to help the defensive players. players get graded on their agility and speed alone and the NFL scouts seem to assume that they're bad film is due to totally incompetent coaching, and we still see defensive backs who struggled in college going in the first two or three rounds.

obviously you don't want to be a linebacker at the University of Florida currently if you want to go to the pros.
News Flash: Kadarius Toney, Kyle Pitts and Van Jefferson doing just fine thank you.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Where are the players going to come from now? It's so late in the cycle now with very subpar effort on our staffs behalf that I look around out there and just don't see where there going to get any players that are more than just bodies to fill holes! Not holes in the line but holes in the roster as a whole. Who is going to want to play for the turd whisperer when he has one foot out the door already! And he is just not going to have enough pull to bring in anyone from the portal also due to his tenure being almost over at U.F. ! So wow this is gonna hurt for a few years!!
The Turd Whisperer will be serving up Sh!t Sandwiches from now on.
Beatings will continue until morale improves.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
News Flash: Kadarius Toney, Kyle Pitts and Van Jefferson doing just fine thank you.
What about the the other thirteen years and the dozens of receivers sitting on their 400-500 yards and undrafted or 4-6th round?

You go look through all those guys, including Van and "lack of production" is their primary con on their NFL scouting reports.

It costs them millions, if the get signed at all.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those were all Butter’s recruits, not Mullet’s. And they had enough natural talent to succeed in spite of Mullet’s Neanderthal offense. Pitts and Toney were lucky Mullet tripped over and was forced to play Trask as well.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sick of this kind of offense. I want someone who knows what a fullback is and how to use him.

Fullback is basically gone in the NFL as well, so I'm not so concerned with the full back. But a guy who doesn't expect the quarterback to have 10-15 carries a game that would be nice. Disco Dan's offense would be good for some High Schools and colleges that get lower talent. Because with the limited talent the quarterback needs to be an extra threat in the run game. The same way Georgia Tech used to be dangerous with the triple option along with the service academies. When you have limited offense you have to build an offense base on that lack of skill, but UF should never have that level of athletic talent you need to use it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To me the purpose of having a QB who can run is two fold.

1) escapability when shyt goes wrong
2) to keep the defense honest and open up other facets of the offense.

Russell Wilson was athletic enough to make a defense pay once or twice a game with his feet if they didn't respect him. Part of what made him very successful. In Mullen's O, he'd been beat up and much less effective.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fullback is basically gone in the NFL as well, so I'm not so concerned with the full back.
bUt tHe qB iS dA fUlLbACk /Mullinz

That's what I took it to mean.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me the purpose of having a QB who can run is two fold.

1) escapability when shyt goes wrong
2) to keep the defense honest and open up other facets of the offense.

Russell Wilson was athletic enough to make a defense pay once or twice a game with his feet if they didn't respect him. Part of what made him very successful. In Mullen's O, he'd been beat up and much less effective.

Agreed, Wilson, Prescott (as a Cowboy), Josh Allen, etc... are successful not because they carry the ball 10-15 times a game, but because they can pass from the pocket, and if things break down they can make a play with their legs. Hell, even Brady who is slower than injun's mental processing is an effective runner when he needs to be.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As expected Cottrell de committed and flipped to uga. It’s been said that it’s a”mutual parting of ways” but in reality Billy hasn’t talked in him in like 3-4 weeks. I cannot believe Mullen is getting another year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As expected Cottrell de committed and flipped to uga. It’s been said that it’s a”mutual parting of ways” but in reality Billy hasn’t talked in him in like 3-4 weeks. I cannot believe Mullen is getting another year.
wrong thread bro

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
What about the the other thirteen years and the dozens of receivers sitting on their 400-500 yards and undrafted or 4-6th round?

You go look through all those guys, including Van and "lack of production" is their primary con on their NFL scouting reports.

It costs them millions, if the get signed at all.
High 4-star Rick Wells about to have an end of season explosion that propels him up the draft board. The system works. If you can get above 400 yds in Mullenz system, you're an NFL prospect.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
High 4-star Rick Wells about to have an end of season explosion that propels him up the draft board. .
761634e31471aa.gif

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I'm hoping that response was you being funny. In case it wasn't, I'll respond back. Van Jefferson's dad has been a NFL WR coach for a LONG time, so he was going to get a shot a the league no matter what. Toney and Pitts were wasted the whole time except for one year. And would have been every year if Kentucky doesn't break Franks. Don't forget that he also lost 4 games with that talent as well :cool:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed, Wilson, Prescott (as a Cowboy), Josh Allen, etc... are successful not because they carry the ball 10-15 times a game, but because they can pass from the pocket, and if things break down they can make a play with their legs. Hell, even Brady who is slower than injun's mental processing is an effective runner when he needs to be.
Roger Staubach had over 2000 yards rushing in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.