Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Napier is visiting Shemar James today as well as Evers, according to TOS. He will have done more recruiting in two days than we have done in months.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Napier is visiting Shemar James today as well as Evers, according to TOS. He will have done more recruiting in two days than we have done in months.

We recruited?...I thought everything was now the Portal? :drunk:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Also yesterday... Coach Napier and Coach Juluke visited 4
2b50.png
RB TreVonte’ Citizen today
263781856_3208833349350955_8890990462721226116_n.jpg

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So CBN in his intro presser waves off making stars a part of the recruiting equation that its all about EVALUATION and then I look and it seems like EVERY recruit he's talked to so far is 4 & 5 stars. Am i missing something? Or was that smoke being blown up my nether regions....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So CBN in his intro presser waves off making stars a part of the recruiting equation that its all about EVALUATION and then I look and it seems like EVERY recruit he's talked to so far is 4 & 5 starts. Am i missing something? Or was that smoke blown up my nether regions....
Contrary to popular belief, there are in fact really good players at the 4 & 5 star level

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
So CBN in his intro presser waves off making stars a part of the recruiting equation that its all about EVALUATION and then I look and it seems like EVERY recruit he's talked to so far is 4 & 5 starts. Am i missing something? Or was that smoke blown up my nether regions....

He said it was not about STARS...It was about TALENT and team FIT. Here's a thought...They evaluate

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
It's a numbers game...Like he said, "If you can't find 25..."

At this rate, if he only gets 5% of his targets we'll be fine. Gotta love the energy.
That's why I love the hire. Sales is a numbers game as much as it is believing in what you have to offer, and a good character is the lock down. This dude is going to absolutely kill it here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So CBN in his intro presser waves off making stars a part of the recruiting equation that its all about EVALUATION and then I look and it seems like EVERY recruit he's talked to so far is 4 & 5 stars. Am i missing something? Or was that smoke being blown up my nether regions....
You're disappointed in this? :crazy:

PaulDrake is reasonable when he's on his medication; when he misses a dose it's immediately obvious.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You're disappointed in this? :crazy:

PaulDrake is reasonable when he's on his medication; when he misses a dose it's immediately obvious.
Ox I'm NOT disappointed....I'm pleasantly surprised. This is is excellent news. I was just saying he may have been somewnat sarcastic in his presser....

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
He said it was not about STARS...It was about TALENT and team FIT. Here's a thought...They evaluate

So... are you saying there's a chance we might actually recruit DTs and inside LBs again? Wow... I'd almost forgotten what those guys look like in O&B. It's been so long... :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox I'm NOT disappointed....I'm pleasantly surprised. This is is excellent news. I was just saying he may have been somewnat sarcastic in his presser....
He was just making a general point that stars don't mean everything - only asshat fans freaked out over it. Sub-4 star players often turn out great and 4's and 5's often turn into busts. The guy knows damn well what the recruit quality expectations are at UF.

Some of you really do seem to believe that dialect = intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.