Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We offered three OL's today (not sure why TF we waited so long - as if we have a ton of OLs beating down the door to play here), all three ranked in the 400s to 500s (which is about par for the course w/ dud coaching staff):

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We offered three OL's today (not sure why TF we waited so long - as if we have a ton of OLs beating down the door to play here), all three ranked in the 400s to 500s (which is about par for the course w/ dud coaching staff):

A lot of people seem to like this Richardson kid. I don’t know. I’m just tired of us bringing in 3* OL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I put this in the Vacationing Dan thread too, but this is an example of our sh*tty recruiting - starting at the tippy top:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
DGAF about Dwags. Or Corndwags.
This particular “dwag” plays at a good program (Woodward), so I for one wouldn’t turn my nose up at him.
We are, allegedly, ‘cruiting a 2023 RB from my kids’ HS (Justice Haynes) whose daddy (Verron) was a dwag and an NFLer. Having seen this young man play, I can assure you, you’d love him in O&B. I, personally, am not going to hold a kid’s bloodline against him. At the end of the day, who cares?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This particular “dwag” plays at a good program (Woodward),
Dwags is dwags.

Unless an out of state is an absolute game changer 5* or high 4*, we should be shopping at home and frantically trying to repair the damage that goes back to..... Mullinz first stint.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of people seem to like this Richardson kid. I don’t know. I’m just tired of us bringing in 3* OL.
Im going to make the bold prediction that he goes to scUM.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Dwags is dwags.

Unless an out of state is an absolute game changer 5* or high 4*, we should be shopping at home and frantically trying to repair the damage that goes back to..... Mullinz first stint.
You’d be a fool to ignore the talent in Georgia right now. Neither Spurrier nor Urbs did and there’s more talent now.
In the current class there are 39 blue chippers from Georgia. Florida’s has 51, but that number is inflated a bit by all the out of state kids at IMG.
Bottom line: Just like everybody comes into Florida, we should have some of our focus on Ga. Florida first to be sure, but Ga. second.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dwags is dwags.

Anything within a 4 hr drive should be on our primary territory.

You’d be a fool to ignore the talent in Georgia right now. Neither Spurrier nor Urbs did and there’s more talent now.
In the current class there are 39 blue chippers from Georgia. Florida’s has 51, but that number is inflated a bit by all the out of state kids at IMG.
Bottom line: Just like everybody comes into Florida, we should have some of our focus on Ga. Florida first to be sure, but Ga. second.

I think there's more polished players in Ga, but raw talent comes out of FL. Which is why I'm not upset about some 3 stars out of FL, but hate seeing them from out of state.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I'm tired of us bringing in dudes who are light in the ass, that shows 3 Offensive Tackles, but only one with the weight of an Offensive Tackle. The 3* doesn't bother me as much as the 3* and less than 300 as a current playing weight. We don't know how the kid will play when adding the extra weight.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think there's more polished players in Ga, but raw talent comes out of FL. Which is why I'm not upset about some 3 stars out of FL, but hate seeing them from out of state.
We've had some recent success with out state 3*s (Bryan, Jarrad Davis, Trask, Zuniga, Toney, for example). Lot of duds too - especially OL's. The 3* success rate for in-staters seems pretty similar. Some good; most not so much. It does of course drive home the point that stars matter.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I will say this at the risk of sounding like a pumper, because Im not, I try to be realistic, if they have a kid in camp who impresses them then I guess Im fine with them offering. Especially 3* OL, like already stated, as long as they have the physical qualities.

Im open to being corrected because Im not an expert on this, but I also kinda think maybe the rankings of the kids at this point is a bit whack. Seems like there might be a significant part of the high school football player population who dont have a fair evaluation yet due to the plandemic. Am I wrong on this?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this at the risk of sounding like a pumper, because Im not, I try to be realistic, if they have a kid in camp who impresses them then I guess Im fine with them offering. Especially 3* OL, like already stated, as long as they have the physical qualities.

Im open to being corrected because Im not an expert on this, but I also kinda think maybe the rankings of the kids at this point is a bit whack. Seems like there might be a significant part of the high school football player population who dont have a fair evaluation yet due to the plandemic. Am I wrong on this?
I think youre dead on.

Game film is the most important but camp film shows you if guys can do what they do on game film versus elite players.

We don't have much of either.

Luckily we can just rely on our elite recruiting staff instead.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've had some recent success with out state 3*s (Bryan, Jarrad Davis, Trask, Zuniga, Toney, for example). Lot of duds too - especially OL's. .
yeah there's 80 or so duds for those guys.

And frankly those guys were okay but severely limited. Bryan was terrible on many plays, just incredibly unreliable in his technique; Davis was just way too slow to be an SEC linebacker and our pass defense suffered bc of it; Trash.... well he was limited in our offense bc we have an inflexible OC who wont give upnthe option game; Zuniga was a rush guy mostly, not good vs run; Toney, just undisciplined and unproductive for most of his career here.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020

One time commit Elijah Blades coming in for an official. Feel like he’s been in college forever. Was part of CJ Henderson’s class. He’s transferred a couple times and sat out last year. I hope we don’t waste a counter on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator