Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just go with it. I don't even remember now who insisted it was Idaho. Threat maybe. Crete. I dont know.

Honestly, today was a good day. With Mullinz running the show, today is about as good as it gets.

Looking at the Florida Top 50, most of the experts think we lead for Tyler Booker, Jayden Gibson, Terrance Gibbs and Tre Donaldson. We are in it for Devin Moore and Kenyatta Jackson, maybe.

That isn't a scUM type class but it might be enough for us to catch back up with Clown Town and maybe not finish last among the Big 3 instate, maybe.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida quickly assembling one of the fastest recruiting classes ever

Over the weekend, Dan Mullen and his staff secured a commitment from Chandler Smith. The three-star wide receiver out of Orlando (Fla.) Bishop Moore is considered Florida's fastest 2022 recruit having won 2A state titles in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes this spring.

While most schools would be happy adding just one burner to its roster, Smith isn't the only track star planning to play football for the Gators as Florida also holds verbal commitments from Buford (Ga.) Top247 athlete Isaiah Bondand Houston (Texas) Clear Lake Top247 cornerback Julian Humphrey.

Bond, who is expected to play wide receiver at UF, was Georgia's AAAAAA state champion this year in both the 100 and 200-meter dashes. His personal bests of 10.48 in the 100-meter dash and 21.05 in the 200-meter dash rival Smith's personal bests of 10.28 in the 100-meter dash and 20.62 in the 200-meter dash.

One prospect that UF seems to have made a move with in recent weeks is five-star wide receiver Evan Stewart. The Frisco Liberty standout not only went 10.58 in the 100-meter dash and 21.38 in the 200-meter dash this spring, but also won a Texas 5A long jump state title back in March.

Tulsa (Okla.) Booker T. Washington Top247 athlete Gentry Williams(Oklahoma 6A state champion in the 400-meter dash as a freshman), Opelika (Ala.) cornerback Jarell Stinson (Alabama's most recent 6A state champion in the 60, 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes) and Powder Springs (Ga.) Hillgrove four-star safety Emory Floyd (10.51 in the 100-meter dash, 21.18 in the 200-meter dash) are a few other rising seniors with track backgrounds that the Gators are targeting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Coaches need to be either highly respectable or highly relatable, and Cousin Eddie is neither. The whole demeanor of the guy has always grated on my nerves, since he was our OC.
honestly I like the guy more than I ever thought I would.

when he was here before he's one of the most despised coaches we've ever had, no doubt. regardless of whether you talk to staffers, high School coaches, high school players who were recruited during those years, he just was an arrogant fuchsng ******* without the resume to support the arrogance.

His offense has been mediocre at best and he was the weak part of the Meyer staff.

isn't arrogant anymore, losing most of your conference games and to the occasional geographic school at Cowbell has a way of doing that.

I really wouldn't care if about his dorkiness if he were winning football games. let's face it, Meyer and Saban are 100% azzhole, Shart, Dabo, Jimbo Biwden and Cornrows are dorks. You can be an ******* or a dork and if you're winning, no one cares. Some dorks can recruit.

It is pretty clear to basically everyone now (who isnt a Bosstard) that Mullinz cant compete without a significant talent advantage, which we don't have four or five games a year.

hopefully he's become aware of it and will actually focus more on getting the job done in recruiting. There's just been an obvious lack of effort from this staff, verified from numerous sources including the kids themselves. If he is to turn this around and actually become a champion here, it will have to start with landing some great recruiting classes, several in a row.

So, if Bama randomly implodes and Dan steals a win, that means he IS worth his $8 million salary?? :bwahaha:
sure..... if dorky Dan beat Alabama somehow AND DIDNT go on to otherwise lose 4 games, several in inexplicable and embarrassing fashion.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really wouldn't care if about his dorkiness if he were winning football games. let's face it, Meyer and Saban are 100% azzhole, Shart, Dabo, Jimbo Biwden and Cornrows are dorks. You can be an ******* or a dork and if you're winning, no one cares. Some dorks can recruit..

Got to be a bit of an ass hole to compete at the top level. Spurrier had it, Meyer has it, Saban has it, even Dabo has it. I prefer my Head guy to be a bit of an ass hole because they will make the hard decisions. Jimbo lucked into his title, playing a down schedule, with a supremely talented team (NFL talent galore), and lucking in to the worse SEC Champion in a decade as the National Title game opponent. Dorks are Dorks, Dork with no ass hole is what Georgia has, what it appears we have, etc... just a dude that is probably an excellent coordinator with out the mentality to make the real decisions that separate good from great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator