Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I need to know how we’re this terrible in recruiting? The head coach is only half of the equation, if that. What about the other coaches? Are they equally as bad? It’s mind boggling. Texas? Florida State? Complete dumpster fires the last few years and they aren’t struggling like we are. Absolutely zero reason for it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I need to know how we’re this terrible in recruiting? The head coach is only half of the equation, if that. What about the other coaches? Are they equally as bad? It’s mind boggling. Texas? Florida State? Complete dumpster fires the last few years and they aren’t struggling like we are. Absolutely zero reason for it.
To start, we let Snyder go to Penn St and he is doing well recruiting Florida. Combine that with Knox, who hasn't recruited anyone.

You have Turner & Brewster doing all the work. Hevesy is cleaning up on all the leftover 3* scraps.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Berlin played ok in limited time. he too was the number one quarterback in the class for the magazines. Grossman was also all state in Indiana. He was certainly not a no name, even though he apparently had to recruit us as we were not recruiting him at all.

Can you imagine how the history of UF football would have changed had Spurrier been on vacation for the month, like Mullen has been, the day Rex & his dad walked in to the football office? :lol:

Thankfully, he wasn’t.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Zook had a lot of faults, and he wasn't a winner or a true leader... But one thing you couldn't say is that Zook didn't work. Zook tried, and worked hard to be something he just naturally wasn't (nor ever could be). Can't say that about Disco Dan.

Dan’s vacation schedule, while problematic, is only part of the problem. The bigger problem, IMO, is that he’s so arrogant, he thinks he’s an elite coach/recruiter who can take a boatload of time off & not be affected because he’s that damn good…but he’s not. That’s the problem.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That may take mailing it in to a whole new level. I don’t care that Corral was shunned by the Cali programs and possibly wanted in connection with a Nevada meth ring. At least it looked like McElwain still cared.

Can all these guys if they can’t pull out a minimum Top-10 class, which seems highly unlikely at this point. I don’t expect perfection with our other detractions, but this is ridiculous.

Side note about Corral. Sports radio & analysts here in ATL are projecting Corral to go 1st round, Top 10 in next year’s NFL draft. Saying the Falcons are going to grab him as the heir apparent to Matt Ryan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan’s vacation schedule, while problematic, is only part of the problem. The bigger problem, IMO, is that he’s so arrogant, he thinks he’s an elite coach/recruiter who can take a boatload of time off & not be affected because he’s that damn good…but he’s not. That’s the problem.
Well.... all the good ones are arrogant.

He is just an arrogant mediocre at best HC. The problem is he isnt elite but thinks he is. He thinks that kids should be knocking down his door to block in his 40th-70th ranked option offenses.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I said this several pages back, that FSU would have a higher ranked class than us this year....got laughed at, c'mon man's, etc. I'm sticking w/ that prediction. And it's for one reason: Mike Norvell (and his staff) work harder than ours. No other reason. It's pathetic.
You should get laughed at again

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen can't back up his arrogance.
Mullen is lazy.
Mullen has won one division title in 13 years as a HC in the SEC, and that was during a pandemic.
Mullen embarrasses himself and UF with his actions and mouth.
Mullen can't even cheat correctly to land recruits.

Can't wait until this piece of debris, and the Smiling Dork that hired him, are both gone.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Mullen can't back up his arrogance.
Mullen is lazy.
Mullen has won one division title in 13 years as a HC in the SEC, and that was during a pandemic.
Mullen embarrasses himself and UF with his actions and mouth.
Mullen can't even cheat correctly to land recruits.

Can't wait until this piece of debris, and the Smiling Dork that hired him, are both gone.
Agree with every comment except the part about the pandemic. If anything UF picked up a loss they would not have otherwise (A&M). I don’t think anyone we beat was negatively affected by COVID when we played them. LSU was, but that of course was a different story. Looking back at the schedule, UF would probably have gone into the SECCG at 11-1. (It was a really weak schedule.)

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Wow. Going full retard and it's only July! Imagine this dumbass come December's early signing period! lol
Same crap every year from the peanut gallery. The sky is falling! Give me a break. Now we’re supposed to be worried about Mike Norvell? Besides, lighten up sunshine. I was just ribbing you for suggesting FSU was gonna do anything. And I still stand on that. When did it become cool to praise our hated rival in an attempt to demean our own administration? Some of you guys are weirdos to me.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The vacation problem is a result of the other issues. No where in my post am I praising Disco Dan... but if you want the one of the difference between the two Zook was relentless in his effort. They suffer from some of the same traits, poor leadership and lack of killer instinct. But Zook always was trying to improve in every area he could. Zook was a good recruiter because of his effort, he was a dude that put in the work. Mullen has a of faults, one is that everyone is telling him he has arrived and he believe his own and their bs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Same crap every year from the peanut gallery. The sky is falling! Give me a break. Now we’re supposed to be worried about Mike Norvell? Besides, lighten up sunshine. I was just ribbing you for suggesting FSU was gonna do anything. And I still stand on that. When did it become cool to praise our hated rival in an attempt to demean our own administration? Some of you guys are weirdos to me.

You're the type of "fan" that thinks UF is the only school that has a S&C program, UF is the only school that recruits, the only school that exists, basically....then you're shocked when we get blown out, get out-recruited, or out muscled by a better conditioned/coached football team.

I follow recruiting, and college football as a whole. I watch what our rivals do and what other successful programs do. While you're busy sucking Dan Mullen's c*ck, Mike Norvell is actually out there working hard, doing what he has to do with limited FSU resources, and kicking Dan's ass on the trail. You can whistle past the graveyard all you want. Say hello to Peter Pan when ya'll are hanging out in Fantasy Land. Meanwhile, most of us will live in the real world with all the other "weirdos". smh

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While you're busy sucking Dan Mullen's c*ck,

760dd2bdf28ed6.gif

A few years ago, I was convinced this guy Renard was a Null troll. Now he loves Mullinz, like all Dwags and Nulls.

Still seems 100% enemy troll.

Last edited:

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
You're the type of "fan" that thinks UF is the only school that has a S&C program, UF is the only school that recruits, the only school that exists, basically....then you're shocked when we get blown out, get out-recruited, or out muscled by a better conditioned/coached football team.

I follow recruiting, and college football as a whole. I watch what our rivals do and what other successful programs do. While you're busy sucking Dan Mullen's c*ck, Mike Norvell is actually out there working hard, doing what he has to do with limited FSU resources, and kicking Dan's ass on the trail. You can whistle past the graveyard all you want. Say hello to Peter Pan when ya'll are hanging out in Fantasy Land. Meanwhile, most of us will live in the real world with all the other "weirdos". smh

Come on man, get it right. Peter Pan resides in never-never land, not fantasy land. Which is actually where Mullen lives too, because you just get to play all day and ignore reality while "never-never" winning any championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.