2023 Fall Training Camp: Mertz named starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Dont think we'll see much dropping with the 4.8 Safeties gone.
That said, If AA doesnt blitz Utah's QB (whether its the starter on 1 leg or the backup whos inexperienced) into submission ill be very disappointed.

Our front 7 will decide if we are a 6 win team or a 8 win team
Or 14.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Injuries to key players already. This was something we absolutely had to avoid and we haven’t even started losing players in actual games. Boone and Carrol out for season. Starting Center hurt. Billy can’t catch a break. We don’t have depth yet to deal with this crap if it keeps piling up.

These strokes of bad injury luck can definitely affect win/loss totals, especially for a rebuilding team, if they get out of hand. I remember seasons where the list of players getting sidelined was ridiculous and costly, but haters will just say Billy’s a crap coach and want him gone by November. Damn.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Injuries to key players already. This was something we absolutely had to avoid and we haven’t even started losing players in actual games. Boone and Carrol out for season. Starting Center hurt. Billy can’t catch a break. We don’t have depth yet to deal with this crap if it keeps piling up.

These strokes of bad injury luck can definitely affect win/loss totals, especially for a rebuilding team, if they get out of hand. I remember seasons where the list of players getting sidelined was ridiculous and costly, but haters will just say Billy’s a crap coach and want him gone by November. Damn.
Kneijah Harris is a better center, Edge is deep, RB still ok, but not deep.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

BN keeps emphasizing our youth and inexperience here. Says we’re talented, bigger, and faster, but still raw and it sounds like young guys still have a ways to go with consistency.

Sounds like a guy who is excited for the future but realistic about the present state of the rebuild.

Press was insinuating that the staff is careless with the amount of hitting going on in practice and he replies that collegiate ball is there to develop players, not necessarily coddle them.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sounds like a guy who is excited for the future but realistic about the present state of the rebuild.
SPOT ON.
Press was insinuating that the staff is careless with the amount of hitting going on in practice and he replies that collegiate ball is there to develop players, not necessarily coddle them. HEARTWARMING. OF COURSE STAFF WANTS TO AVOID INJURIES BUT IT IS A CONTACT SPORT AGAINST YOUNG MEN WHO COME TO PLAY HARD. HAVE TO BE READY... and no, I'm not yelling at you.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That photo is from Circle B bar reserve in Lakeland. probably the most amazing nature park in Florida.
Cool! I didn’t realize that, but I have been there. I was born in Bartow & raised in Lakeland then worked there for 12+ years. Currently in Lake Wales.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cool! I didn’t realize that, but I have been there. I was born in Bartow & raised in Lakeland then worked there for 12+ years. Currently in Lake Wales.
We sometimes camp for Boy Scouts in Lake Wales. Camp Flamimg Arrow.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Is his middle name Sierra?
thanks but no thanks GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

alcoholica