Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Durty just outed himself. Crazy that “Baby Gronk’s” dad posts on here!

Lol but seriously that’s awesome man! Hope to see him in O&B soon
That kid and his family are grade A douche bags.

And that's my son's dream. To play for Florida. Mine too.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Southaven, MS. About 10 mins south of Memphis.
Top notch facility, all turf, etc.
Yes. That's where I grew up. Snowden Grove is the name of the ballpark. That whole area has grown a ton over the last 20 years and is still growing quite a bit. You'll have a lot of good restaurants to choose from.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. That's where I grew up. Snowden Grove is the name of the ballpark. That whole area has grown a ton over the last 20 years and is still growing quite a bit. You'll have a lot of good restaurants to choose from.
I'm planning to head into Memphis and hit up some spots, especially if we don't make it out of pool play :lol:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Absolutely HUGE pickup right here for Gator baseball!!!

Kid was Freshman All-SEC and national Freshman All-American for Collegiate Baseball News at Bama this year. He's a 3B that hit .300 with 25 HR and a .729 Slugging Percentage this year.

Looks like we have our starting 3B for the next couple of years!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Kid was Freshman All-SEC and national Freshman All-American for Collegiate Baseball News at Bama this year. He's a 3B that hit .300 with 25 HR and a .729 Slugging Percentage this year.

Hell yea, that's a monster pick up!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

that is half of replacing the left side of the infield. Now just need a SS. No not Kurland with that arm.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
that is half of replacing the left side of the infield. Now just need a SS. No not Kurland with that arm.
It may be Shelton at SS as he was
  • The No. 2 shortstop and No. 13 player overall from the talent-rich state of Florida according to Prep Baseball Report

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It may be Shelton at SS as he was
  • The No. 2 shortstop and No. 13 player overall from the talent-rich state of Florida according to Prep Baseball Report
With roster turnover it could be anyone. But usually the guys playing INF in college were all SS's in HS which is why I said no to Kurland, but admit I do not know what position he played in HS. No offense to Halter who is playing well right now and has actually hit more balls on the ground in the postseason than he did all year, I hope he returns as a grad asst. He is not a pro ball player, but he is a great teammate and always on top of what is going on. Will make a coach one day.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Can he bunt?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Y’all, Sully is the best recruiter in any sport that we’ve ever had. It’s insane how much talent he brings in.

Anybody who wants to fire him is high :lol:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Because manufacturing a run is overrated, amirite?

Ha No.

Slow Motion Smoking GIF

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Y’all, Sully is the best recruiter in any sport that we’ve ever had. It’s insane how much talent he brings in.

Anybody who wants to fire him is high :lol:
I don’t want him fired and do over react during bone headed decisions but hey like they say recruit top 5 classes and you don’t need a coach right?

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I've heard "rumblings" on Twitter that there will be another big-name baseball transfer from the portal in the future. I don't know where to find much information about the baseball transfer portal outside of random Twitter posts, so I have no idea who that might mean but seems like Sully is setting us up to be strong again next year.

Edit: Here are the "rumblings" I was referring to. He is the Managing Editor of D1Baseball, so presumably a pretty good source.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

I've heard "rumblings" on Twitter that there will be another big-name baseball transfer from the portal in the future. I don't know where to find much information about the baseball transfer portal outside of random Twitter posts, so I have no idea who that might mean but seems like Sully is setting us up to be strong again next year.

Edit: Here are the "rumblings" I was referring to. He is the Managing Editor of D1Baseball, so presumably a pretty good source.

We scrong!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Someone mentioned last week that we were at a disadvantage for a week to 10 days b/c no one was around campus to host any visitiors, to which I and others replied that the best recruiting tool you can have right now for the transfer portal people is for them to see the team on TV in Omaha. I think that on campus summer visit thing is a wee bit overrated. These guys want to play and they know what the rosters look like without coming to campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.