Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Cags looks like the real deal. Dude is bigger than AR. comfortable on the mound after not pitching for a year after surgery. Possibly more comfortable at bat. 1st game at the new park for me, will be going back soon. I don’t think there’s a bad seat in the joint, even in the heat!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The jump catch double play by Rivera in the top of the 8th was epic. Then he hits a bomb in the bottom half!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cags looks like the real deal. Dude is bigger than AR. comfortable on the mound after not pitching for a year after surgery. Possibly more comfortable at bat. 1st game at the new park for me, will be going back soon. I don’t think there’s a bad seat in the joint, even in the heat!
Glad you had a good time. Not a bad seat in the place, but sight lines were much better in the old place b/c fans were much closer to the action and much easier to watch and for me enjoy the game.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
First game that I watched and I came away impressed with the lineup and the starting pitcher. It'll be curious to see if they can keep up those stout offensive numbers.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Off to a massive 6-1 lead after 1 and now we are in the dreaded weather delay. Came out of nowhere.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Real pitchers duel going on tonight at the fake Mac. UF leads FAU 13-9 after 5 innings. These guys who were so young and pitched a good amount last year are just hot garbage so far this season.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
How about Tyler Nesbitt tonight. 5 innings 2 hits 0 walks 0 runs 6K's. He has earned some innings on weekends. Abner follows with a perfect 6th and 7th inning, 6 up 6 down. Are we seeing a turn in the Pen?

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes to Nesbitt for another turn, especially midweek. ZERO walks. ZERO hit batters. DGAF about any other stats or the opponent. BB's and HBP's lead to large crooked numbers on the scoreboard. Always said I would prefer a pitcher to surrender a solo HR as opposed to walking or hitting the batter. Solo HR's will not beat you over time.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Cags with the walk off grand slam in the bottom of the seventh to make it an 11 to 0 shutout. Abner gave a solid 3 pitched to follow Nesbitt's gem. Should cruise this weekend and then Bama comes to town to start the gauntlet. Provided the pen can do it's job we could have a special season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Abner was very highly touted as a recruit. Has a great arm, but his problem since he has been at UF is he could not find the plate even with a compass. But last night he came in left on left against their best hitter and K'ed him. He has arm talent, if his brain is right he can be very good.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
THIS TEAM MASHES

Best lineup we’ve seen in Gainesville.
It's solid throughout the line-up and very strong defensively. The other aspect that we seldom speak to is the on field leadership. Riopelle is a serious field general, he provides good D behind the dish and at 1st base but more importantly he is a vocal force and also the teams enforcer. He doesn't take trash from opponents. Rivera is head and shoulders above the player of the last two seasons, his defense has been outstanding. You can't complement Langford enough as he does it all and never stops hustling. An incredibly talented group of underclassmen coupled with a deep bench should help this team go far. Pitching will determine just how far this team will go though, as always.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators up 2-0 after 4 innings. Sproat done for the night and he must be a zillion times better next Thursday. Yes I know Zero runs, but in 4 innings, 82 pitches, 3 Walks and 2 Hit batters. But he was even more random than his usual randomness tonight. If he was a lefty he would be a top 10 pick, instead of a righty with a great arm. Be that as it may, there are no more Girl Scout Club teams for the weekend starters beginning next Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.