Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We must not lose to UVA. As a VT dad and Gator fan it would be doubly bad.
Growing up in the Old Dominion, I grew to despise UVA. The most arrogant alums, by far, of any school in Va. (They call their school “The University.” Makes you want to punch them in the mouth; even the gals!)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Looks like we got the Cavaliers aka the Wahoos aka the "Hoos" as some of their alums here in the Old Dominion call themselves. .

We appear to be in Bracket 1 with the "Hoos". It would be very helpful to our survival to have LSU in Bracket 2. We need to avoid Paul Skenes as long as possible. It should be fun and let the smack talk begin

Go Gators!
We are opposite LSU and WF. In the National Seedings, 1,4,5,8 are paired up and 2,3.6.7 are paired up. We were #2, LSU was #5. And the teams who win the Supers that were represented by those Top 8 seeds that lost, assume that seed # in Omaha, not as that seed but for who the opponent will be. It is UF, UVA, TCU, and the Oregon-ORU winner in our half. WF, and winners of UT-USM, KY-LSU, TEX-STAN in the other half.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We are opposite LSU and WF. In the National Seedings, 1,4,5,8 are paired up and 2,3.6.7 are paired up. We were #2, LSU was #5. And the teams who win the Supers that were represented by those Top 8 seeds that lost, assume that seed # in Omaha, not as that seed but for who the opponent will be. It is UF, UVA, TCU, and the Oregon-ORU winner in our half. WF, and winners of UT-USM, KY-LSU, TEX-STAN in the other half.
I watched UVA and they are a solid team as is TCU. Don't know anything about Oral Roberts other than they had a great series against Oregon which was too late to watch. The other bracket has a bunch of National names plus the very good WF. Just hope our pitching stay dominate giving us an opportunity to win this thing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I watched UVA and they are a solid team as is TCU. Don't know anything about Oral Roberts other than they had a great series against Oregon which was too late to watch. The other bracket has a bunch of National names plus the very good WF. Just hope our pitching stay dominate giving us an opportunity to win this thing.
On paper, our side of the bracket is weaker, but they do not play the games on paper, Remember Coastal Carolina. UVA is solid year in year out. ORU has won like 23 of the last 24 and TCU has been hot and won the ARK regional. And has pedigree given how good they were for so long when the current coach at ATM was there for years.

WF is for real and that team has a low ERA and they can really mash. But they do play in a small park. LSU seems to have found their bats and they have an almost guaranteed win every time their #1 starter pitches. If Tinerc makes it they can hit a ton and have a very deep pitching staff, yet took them a while to put it together and winning the Clemmy regional you could say that Clemmy was the hottest team in college baseball having won like 18 in a row going into hosting that regional.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oregon's pitching gifted that game to ORU. There was 11walks and three hit batters by 9 Oregon pitchers..

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
BTW anyone see that Stanford starting pitcher's complete game over TEX-A$$ throwing 156 pitches? That is old, old old school!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
BTW anyone see that Stanford starting pitcher's complete game over TEX-A$$ throwing 156 pitches? That is old, old old school!
I did see it. Very odd for college. Seems like I heard it has been a ton of time for even an MLB pitcher went over 150.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i like our chances. I understand that WF and LSU are in the same bracket so that helps a lot. They either smash each other at the end or get eliminated early. Either way its good for us. TCU is hot for sure but they had a very easy path. UVA is overrated and im not worried about them. We are in good shape and will be well rested and fresh while other teams are a little less so.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I watched UVA and they are a solid team as is TCU. Don't know anything about Oral Roberts other than they had a great series against Oregon which was too late to watch. The other bracket has a bunch of National names plus the very good WF. Just hope our pitching stay dominate stays dominant giving us an opportunity to win this thing.
Sorry, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Monday morning grammar policing; that's why I went to work.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can I say something remotely positive about BSPN?? I am glad they made these two games today night games. Something for me to do and hope it will draw some TV interests. Normally these would have been midday games with half empty parks and the games only on the world wide interweb if at all.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:dunno: Just wondering how you knew what he was saying enough to correct him?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can I say something remotely positive about BSPN?? I am glad they made these two games today night games. Something for me to do and hope it will draw some TV interests. Normally these would have been midday games with half empty parks and the games only on the world wide interweb if at all.
What a novel idea, a sports channel actually showing a real sport at night instead of the Tekball, rock climbing, tag, and other BS so called sports they've had on lately.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

:faint:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

So you caused the weather delay in Hattiesburg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.