For those of us who live in the "real" time zone the game times are 2PM and 7PM

Unimpressed The Big Lebowski GIF by Working Title

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be in DC, probably surrounded by UVA folks. My son and I will have our UF and VT hats, we should probably watch our backs.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'll be in DC, probably surrounded by UVA folks. My son and I will have our UF and VT hats, we should probably watch our backs.
Nah, they're Hoos. They'll be sipping Chardonnay and constantly be asking you to explain what's going on in the game. They are pretty used to losing at major sporting events, so they'll take it in stride.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I am confused. I thought Wahoos were a Pensacola minor league baseball team.
UVA has an official nickname, "The Cavaliers" and an unofficial nickname, "the Wahoos", often shorted simply to "Hoos." The story goes that a UVA sports team was playing Washington & Lee, and the UVA fans had apparently been over served and got very rowdy. The W&L fans started referring to them as a bunch of Wahoos. Supposedly a Wahoo - the fish - can drink twice its weight every day. With the raising of the drinking age, UVA is not the party school it once was.

geauxgators

Jun 12, 2023
I have 3 tickets to the Friday game in Omaha on our side if anyone is interested, I can't go anymore, unfortunately. The tickets are in section 121, a little past our dugout. Lmk if anyone is interested.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I have 3 tickets to the Friday game in Omaha on our side if anyone is interested, I can't go anymore, unfortunately. The tickets are in section 121, a little past our dugout. Lmk if anyone is interested.
Mighty kind of you for being the new guy. Wish I could take you up on the offer. Thank you. BTW. Welcome aboard.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
nice first post, now, get an avatar that's sized correctly :lol:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not CWS related, but I'm guessing this transfer will be one of our options for a weekend starter next year:

He had a 3.39 ERA in 13 starts for UCLA and is transferring as a grad transfer. Was Pac-12 All-Conference.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Not CWS related, but I'm guessing this transfer will be one of our options for a weekend starter next year:

He had a 3.39 ERA in 13 starts for UCLA and is transferring as a grad transfer. Was Pac-12 All-Conference.

awesome get. especially considering we are at a big disadvantage recruiting for the next week since we are in Omaha. Schools that aren't can host visits.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

Austin started 13 games for #UCLA this season and tallied a 3.39 ERA to go with 104 strikeouts and 34 walks.

The SO's to walks is music to the soul. Nice pickup Sully. Add him to Cags, Neely, Slater, Fisher, Abner the other returners plus the HS recruits and the staff looks formidable.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
awesome get. especially considering we are at a big disadvantage recruiting for the next week since we are in Omaha. Schools that aren't can host visits.
If I may respectfully disagree, no better recruiting tool this week IMO than being in Omaha and your top 2 starting pitchers will not be back next year. Seems a little better than hosting a grad visitor with 1 year of eligibility temaining on a summer day where it will be 400 degrees in the shade. I think the guy is looking to play, play immediately and play for a team that he thinks could contend for the tourney. And I feel that way about any other potential transfer. Rather they see the team in Omaha than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.