2023 Recruit Signs $8 Million NIL Deal

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I tried to donate my Oxbux. I was told that for each OxBuck I donate I must also give 5 American Dollars. Sounds like an OxBuck and a Ruble are worth about the same today
Only difference is one is put out by a Dictator the other by a lick-tator

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So what school? Assuming it's Manning.
Utenn/Ole Miss?: I don't think they have enough money
UGA?
Bama?
UF?
OSU?
USC?
Oregon?
AtM?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
So what school? Assuming it's Manning.
Utenn/Ole Miss?: I don't think they have enough money
UGA?
Bama?
UF?
OSU?
USC?
Oregon?
AtM?
Tennessee has Haslam, owner of pilot and the flying j's. I think he may be able to pull that off. In fact, I think it's exactly who it is.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to donate my Oxbux. I was told that for each OxBuck I donate I must also give 5 American Dollars. Sounds like an OxBuck and a Ruble are worth about the same today

How many Stanley Nickels?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Tennessee has Haslam, owner of pilot and the flying j's. I think he may be able to pull that off. In fact, I think it's exactly who it is.
If you are correct , then it’s not Manning; it’s Iamaleava. My prediction is it’s USCw and Malachi Nelson.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If you are correct , then it’s not Manning; it’s Iamaleava. My prediction is it’s USCw and Malachi Nelson.
I thought ut was still in it for Manning! If not, I retract my statement and have no idea what I'm talking about. I will stand by they have some huge boosters. Of course it didn't help them much this year.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I thought ut was still in it for Manning! If not, I retract my statement and have no idea what I'm talking about. I will stand by they have some huge boosters. Of course it didn't help them much this year.
UT is in it for Manning, just not that UT. Texas is still in the hunt. (Along with Bama, Ugly, and Ole Piss. Theoretically, LSU and UF are still in it, but I kinda doubt that.).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cannot wait for the new-style Game Day tantalizing build-up, where the announcers are pitting one huge NIL player against that opposing NIL guy.?
Will the Vegas sharks set betting odds based on which teams have the top NIL players.? CFB just got exciting without involving playing football.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Worse thing to ever happen to college football.

It’s going to follow the Pareto principle. The vast majority of the money will wind up in a very few hands. The cries of equity will start to ring out…but there’s no way to cap NIL deals. Can a superstar can go outside their school’s collective anyway?

For example, Brady has to play under a salary cap, but the market determines how much Subway pays him for those ads.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Manning in Heupel's offense would be an epic fail. Glad you thought that one through (with some help).

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s going to follow the Pareto principle. The vast majority of the money will wind up in a very few hands. The cries of equity will start to ring out…but there’s no way to cap NIL deals. Can a superstar can go outside their school’s collective anyway?

For example, Brady has to play under a salary cap, but the market determines how much Subway pays him for those ads.

You left out the title nine angle
How long before an NIL deal is required to include a female athlete before it can be executed?

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
You left out the title nine angle
How long before an NIL deal is required to include a female athlete before it can be executed?

"Theoretically" this should never come into play. NIL is not tied to the university. It is an independent contract between the individual and a company.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on the radio it’s a Vol QB commit. Forget his name (it was something like Najee or some crap).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.