Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Napier going to have to dump the offensive staff and lb staff before next year...they're dead weight on the trail..I get it, NIL is king now but we have some real issues at positions.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Haven't really graduated real engineers since '73. No knowledge of logarithms, scientific notation, order of magnitude estimation, can't use a sliderule, can't design without FEA and CFA, unplug and no results. And get off my lawn.
It’s okay, graduating lots of Lawyers;)

When that drop /add sheet had to add “cannot understand foreign instructor” in the 70’s….

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When that drop /add sheet had to add “cannot understand foreign instructor” in the 70’s….
At some point the applicants' thoughts were, "Yeah, if those professors insist on speaking English, they gotta speak slower."

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Napier going to have to dump the offensive staff and lb staff before next year...they're dead weight on the trail..I get it, NIL is king now but we have some real issues at positions.
Why, because they didn't bring in a top-5 class to a program with an untested coaching regime? That makes no sense. Frankly any elite/5* athlete who would sign with us right now, sight unseen as to what our team is actually going to look like on the field, may have questionable judgment.

Players who look well-coached and are productive (relative to their natural talent level) on the field this coming year will be a positive reflection on their position coaches. The recruiting season that follows will be when those coaches demonstrate whether they're capable of capitalizing on the competence they showed.

On the other hand if the players look like ass all year and the coaches don't show competence, then that's what they should be fired for, not for failing to bring in top recruits ahead of this season.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The whole offensive staff? Lol. How about lets get through an entire season of football and a full recruiting class year before we start talking about who needs to be fired? You are spare parts bud....give your balls a tug.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Either you can recruit or you can't. Great recruiters hit the ground running. I'd fire anyone who didn't land a 5*. Any body can coach 5*s.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Either you can recruit or you can't. Great recruiters hit the ground running. I'd fire anyone who didn't land a 5*. Any body can coach 5*s.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Why, because they didn't bring in a top-5 class to a program with an untested coaching regime? That makes no sense. Frankly any elite/5* athlete who would sign with us right now, sight unseen as to what our team is actually going to look like on the field, may have questionable judgment.

Players who look well-coached and are productive (relative to their natural talent level) on the field this coming year will be a positive reflection on their position coaches. The recruiting season that follows will be when those coaches demonstrate whether they're capable of capitalizing on the competence they showed.

On the other hand if the players look like ass all year and the coaches don't show competence, then that's what they should be fired for, not for failing to bring in top recruits ahead of this season.

R.jpg

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

That Utah game is going to be a big thing for Napier. That is a huge opportunity.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
That Utah game is going to be a big thing for Napier. That is a huge opportunity.
Brand new coach from the bush leagues, he gets zero benefit of the doubt and every game is a huge thing for him. I'm just saying that's when the judging starts. I don't get these guys who are forecasting the future based on current recruiting. He has no product to show recruits.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Brand new coach from the bush leagues, he gets zero benefit of the doubt and every game is a huge thing for him. I'm just saying that's when the judging starts. I don't get these guys who are forecasting the future based on current recruiting. He has no product to show recruits.
Im just saying that game is going to be huge. Opening night game in the Swamp against a team that is normally well coached televised for the whole nation. I bet there will be a ton of recruits. Its a huge opportunity to get people excited and momentum.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Im just saying that game is going to be huge. Opening night game in the Swamp against a team that is normally well coached televised for the whole nation. I bet there will be a ton of recruits. Its a huge opportunity to get people excited and momentum.
Are you saying what I think you're saying?

MadeupSentimentalBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Woodlawn High - alma mater of Terry Bradshaw & Joe Ferguson. High level of competition. I’d much rather an LA recruit that CA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.