Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Again, to reiterate, he was our plan b or c. Pedo U had an entirely different eval of Stokes. He was their priority target from the beginning. which staff is right? I’m being honest here, I’d rather have Stokes over Rashada. I like a lot of QBs over Rashada. In Stokes defense, that kid spent a hell of a lot of time throwing off his back foot. He is their entire offense.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
salute-jerk.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After losing Rashada, this is probably as good of a plan B that Napier could get. What I'm most impressed with is the short amount of time it took to flip him. Hopefully, Stokes turns out to be the better player in the long run.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Heard on 1010 here in Jville that Stokes was offered before Rashada committed and that UF did a ton of homework on him. That was from Denny Thompson (Stokes’ and AR’s QB coach)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
After losing Rashada, this is probably as good of a plan B that Napier could get. What I'm most impressed with is the short amount of time it took to flip him. Hopefully, Stokes turns out to be the better player in the long run.
I hope we keep AR 2 years and bring in even more QBs to fill the room with 4*+...because with the portal 2 are not enough.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
247 has us leading for the following players:

5 star CB McClain
4 star DL LeBlanc
4 star WR Mizzell
4 star DL James
4 star DL Norman
4 star WR Wilson III
4 star WR Sorey
4 star S Castell
4 star DB Jackson
4 star WR Jean
4 star OT Adams
3 star S Thornton
3 star S Kirkland

Would like to see us take Simmons and Hall away from clown world.

Our LB and TE recruiting is … not good.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, I'm stoked about Stokes. Webb is nice and all, but he's committed and decommitted three times already.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
I like this kid but I don’t know why we didn’t go after Emory Williams from Milton. He committed to Miami right before rashada so i thought we could have flipped him to us but whatever. Go gata

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’m way behind on recruiting, been busy and Tapatalk notifications are screwy…. I see we got Webb and Burke. Yay? Webb has been discussed here a bit already. I’ll catch up on Burke, but 2 questions for y’all…

1. Is Burke a QB who can lure a few key recruits? There’s a DL and WR committing soon who might (?) be influenced by Burke’s commit. Any others?

2. Is Burke a mobile QB? Not expecting AR15 level, just hoping enough of an option threat for Napier’s run game without major adjustments like we did (or didn’t ) with Trask.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Other than the fact that it's just a lot of fun, I have another reason to bust on Franklin after becoming acquainted with his whiny attitude and blatant hypocrisy when I lived in Nashville. While he was at Vandy, he made some snarky little noises about SOS being too rough on his players for calling them out when they crapped the bed. He later went ballistic when a recruit decommitted to go to a better program, saying that men of character keep their commitments and that the kid was not honorable. Then, when he landed the job at Pedo State, he promptly poached a couple of his better Vandy recruits without batting an eye- despite the way he attacked the kid who had decommitted earlier. I don't remember Steve ever trashing players as people or demanding a standard of conduct from others that he could not live up to himself. This guy wouldn't make a patch on the HBC's sleeve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.