Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m way behind on recruiting, been busy and Tapatalk notifications are screwy…. I see we got Webb and Burke. Yay? Webb has been discussed here a bit already. I’ll catch up on Burke, but 2 questions for y’all…

1. Is Burke a QB who can lure a few key recruits? There’s a DL and WR committing soon who might (?) be influenced by Burke’s commit. Any others?

2. Is Burke a mobile QB? Not expecting AR15 level, just hoping enough of an option threat for Napier’s run game without major adjustments like we did (or didn’t ) with Trask.
It's Stokes, not Burke.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Heard on 1010 here in Jville that Stokes was offered before Rashada committed and that UF did a ton of homework on him. That was from Denny Thompson (Stokes’ and AR’s QB coach)

Could all be true. I think the staff would’ve clearly been thrilled to have Rashada. Their efforts in landing him support that. That doesn’t, however, diminish Stokes in any way in my opinion. Very different cases. According to 247, Stokes committed in early April, roughly a month and a half after Napier finished his first official class. A top 10 QB isn’t making a rash decision, and I’m sure he had quite a relationship with Psu well before Napier was even hired. So no sour grapes from me on Rashada, nor do I see it as a scramble “whatever” plan B with Stokes. I just think one was available and the other wasn’t.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I appreciate your insight and opinions. You’ve never struck me as being super observant, but still, breaking Shabbat tonight to keep us in the loop shows real commitment.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like how we can swoop in and steal a 4 star qb from Penn state at the tip of a hat. The kinda shcit Georgia 's been doing to us for a while now

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m way behind on recruiting, been busy and Tapatalk notifications are screwy…. I see we got Webb and Burke. Yay? Webb has been discussed here a bit already. I’ll catch up on Burke, but 2 questions for y’all…

1. Is Burke a QB who can lure a few key recruits? There’s a DL and WR committing soon who might (?) be influenced by Burke’s commit. Any others?

2. Is Burke a mobile QB? Not expecting AR15 level, just hoping enough of an option threat for Napier’s run game without major adjustments like we did (or didn’t ) with Trask.
There’s a highlight reel on his 247 page that shows him breaking some big runs. Looks like he can make some plays with his legs and scramble. He led his team in rushing and was most of the offense. But he’s not a physical specimen. 6’2” and 185lbs.

He’s the top rated QB in Florida but 22nd overall per 247. Obviously a lot of work to be a legit SEC QB - but he is putting in the work.

I’m glad we got him and I wasn’t high on Rashada either. I’ve been wrong before, as you all know well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like how we can swoop in and steal a 4 star qb from Penn state at the tip of a hat. The kinda shcit Georgia 's been doing to us for a while now

The last big name player I feel like we’ve flipped is Franks in the 2016 class. I guess Cleveland as well, but that was Houston and felt more like just an announcement. What makes it worse is that the previous two staffs seemed to live off of offering late and trying(unsuccessfully) to flip kids. We seemed to be behind a step at all times, which is ridiculous. I’m happy to see this flip, but I like the approach we’re using here at getting out in front of things much better.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good day today. Here’s hoping the trend continues.
Me too!

Listened to the youtue interview that has Stokes on there, good kid and sounds like he has his head on straight. Once they were done some finished playing his clip the consensus is that this kid will be a Pied Piper for this recruiting class. This kid may be the firing pin we need to spark the rest of the recruits to commit and hopefully some to flip. Great day for momentum. Need to keep it going.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The last big name player I feel like we’ve flipped is Franks in the 2016 class. I guess Cleveland as well, but that was Houston and felt more like just an announcement. What makes it worse is that the previous two staffs seemed to live off of offering late and trying(unsuccessfully) to flip kids. We seemed to be behind a step at all times, which is ridiculous. I’m happy to see this flip, but I like the approach we’re using here at getting out in front of things much better.

Don’t forget when we flipped DN…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator