Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
With respect...you know this stuff...I know what I see and hear. He's looking for BIG uglies...and they have to move.
I know UL protected well and with few flags.
But I don't know inside from outside zone... I do know pulling, trapping, pass blocking...and even did some in my day.
I count on guys like you to tell me what I'm looking at.
And when it comes to the NEW game...I'm dumb as a box of rocks.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Good stuff.

I know Napier also likes a lot of 12 (1 RB-2 TE). Pistol and Shotgun.

And his lines are usually very disciplined. They were Top 5 in sacks allowed....that will be refreshing

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
$$$ and UscuM...rules we don't need no stinking rules.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

In my day...I was the Pulling Guard. From the left I'd pull right...behind the line...the Rt Guard or Tackle would allow his man to get by. He'd block down to the 2nd level. Hopefully with a head of steam I'd blindside the DL who came across ..fun times.

I was not that big but was the fastest OL on the team.

Note: I was no athlete...I was serviceable at best.

Last edited:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Didn’t realize recruiting was over. Gators will finish with a higher recruiting class than Miami this year. Yup.

Miami will also to be lucky to win 7 games a year until that POS is mercifully fired in year 3.

fancy.gif

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
In my day...I was the Pulling Guard. From the left I'd pull right...behind the line...the Rt Guard or Tackle would allow his blocker to get by. He'd block down to the 2nd level. Hopefully with a head of steam I'd blindside the DL who came across ..fun times.

And scored four touchdowns for Polk High against Andrew Johnson including the game winner.

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
In my day...I was the Pulling Guard. From the left I'd pull right...behind the line...the Rt Guard or Tackle would allow his blocker to get by. He'd block down to the 2nd level. Hopefully with a head of steam I'd blindside the DL who came across ..fun times.

I could be wrong, but that seems more of a trap play than a power if I'm reading this right.

I do like the zone blocking coming as typically the blocks will be set up faster than on Mullen's plays and that we won't see pass plays with blocking like the scenario your describing. See Franks' injury for one example and there were plenty more sacks and the like from the same dumb idea of not blocking an end on a pass play and hoping the opposite guard could get to them before they got to the QB. Works better on a running play as the DL is on a better track towards the pulling OL.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone else like it better when abefroman didn't post and we only saw him when he showed up in the box on game days?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I could be wrong, but that seems more of a trap play than a power if I'm reading this right.

I do like the zone blocking coming as typically the blocks will be set up faster than on Mullen's plays and that we won't see pass plays with blocking like the scenario your describing. See Franks' injury for one example and there were plenty more sacks and the like from the same dumb idea of not blocking an end on a pass play and hoping the opposite guard could get to them before they got to the QB. Works better on a running play as the DL is on a better track towards the pulling OL.
You still must pull to trap...it's what and what. As an OL it's fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator