Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
With zero additions, I think we’d have 14 scholarship OL on the roster in 2023. The question is how we get to 10 who are ready and able to play at a high level.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Billy is working his ass off to fix this cluster fuchs the hunchback left. He knows how to do this and knocks the cover off the ball with every single presser. We have 121 players in camp and 22 Olinemen.

You turd Neg-Gators are trying to run him off before he even coaches a damn game!

Recruits and their families read this board. Coaches families too. They won’t forget this shiity attitude when ‘Bama or someone similar come calling.
I like to call them “The paint it black crowd “
Nothing good comes out of the negativity Nothing.
Keep it positive and Go Gators
Turd Neg-gators that’s a good one.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I like to see each class fill out all 22 positions plus a few extra wherever needed/best players etc. So 5 OL every class would be best.

Funny that our G5 transfer - Torrence - is immediately All-SEC. Tthis is an area we should have some confidence re: roster management.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We currently have 22 OL on the active roster the majority with multiple years of eligibility remaining. Maybe this is why the coaches aren't in panic mode.
Sounds like a lot. Looks like 7(?) are freshmen, probably a few practice team type guys in there too....Throw in a couple season ending injuries and multi game injury stretches not to mention most of those freshmen will be taking the year to get ready for big boy ball.....
Still all in all not as bad on paper as I had imagined.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fairly sure the staff is very aware of where we are with linemen.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'm fairly sure the staff is very aware of where we are with linemen.

Not only that, but the transfer portal can always plug in depth or starters in any given year, even if we miss out on grabbing the ideal number this season.

It's not something to be discounted and something we've done pretty well with.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
After the last 2 days I have to believe that the staff is focused on quality, and believe they can get it. No academic, character or other issues. I’m not sweating OL or LB recruiting, and would be willing to bet it takes shape soon.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Billy is working his ass off to fix this cluster fuchs the hunchback left. He knows how to do this and knocks the cover off the ball with every single presser. We have 121 players in camp and 22 Olinemen.

You turd Neg-Gators are trying to run him off before he even coaches a damn game!

Recruits and their families read this board. Coaches families too. They won’t forget this shiity attitude when ‘Bama or someone similar come calling.
Who is trying to run Napier off?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You for one, who has b!tched and moaned about this class every step of the damn way.
I've never said anything about getting rid of Napier. Dude hasn't coached a game yet. We can wait until the season is over to make that judgement. Until then I'm Team Tator.
But I am all about the numbers. Just the facts. Just logic. If that hurts your feelings well... you know who values feelings over facts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've never said anything about getting rid of Napier. Dude hasn't coached a game yet. We can wait until the season is over to make that judgement. Until then I'm Team Tator.
But I am all about the numbers. Just the facts. Just logic. If that hurts your feelings well... you know who values feelings over facts.
I see. Judging this class in JUNE by being a relentlessly sarcastic jerk is just "facts and logic". It's idiotic. You have battered wives syndrome and need to seek therapy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I see. Judging this class in JUNE by being a relentlessly sarcastic jerk is just "facts and logic". It's idiotic. You have battered wives syndrome and need to seek therapy.
I do have battered wife syndrome. We all should. We ignored red flags and made excuses. That's why now I only look at the numbers. The numbers are what they are.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I do have battered wife syndrome. We all should. We ignored red flags and made excuses. That's why now I only look at the numbers. The numbers are what they are.
I don’t have have an issue with numbers, but this is like throwing in the towel two minutes into the second quarter of a football game. Let the damn thing play out first.

It was extremely obvious from the get-go that Napier is not Mullen on the trail. Hard work pays off.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's a head scratcher at times. We are nowhere near where Mullen was or would have had us currently and we haven't even taken a snap yet. The interaction with the media, recruits, HS coaches, staffs, events, etc. so much different. His bump class compared to Mullen's at this exact time is so much better. Coming off this last weekend seems to maybe even give him a bigger push. But some of the "numbers" I am seeing we are doing so much better than what we've been, I am fine with seeing how this goes and ready for practice to start.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It's a head scratcher at times. We are nowhere near where Mullen was or would have had us currently and we haven't even taken a snap yet. The interaction with the media, recruits, HS coaches, staffs, events, etc. so much different. His bump class compared to Mullen's at this exact time is so much better. Coming off this last weekend seems to maybe even give him a bigger push. But some of the "numbers" I am seeing we are doing so much better than what we've been, I am fine with seeing how this goes and ready for practice to start.
True. Mullen’s quirky, defiant arrogance was my concern when he was hired, but there was a lot of press about how he had grown during his tenure at MSU. He started off well and was an upgrade from McElwain. But that personality is exactly what impaired his recruiting and led to his show cause penalty and implosion last year.

BN is resolute, demands excellence and breaks it down to baby steps. Yet he’s humble and engaging. He hasn’t proven his methods at this level but he’s applying them comprehensively. It’s bearing fruit in recruiting and I bet we will see a big difference on the field, too.

He had to choose bringing enough of his people to implement his methods smoothly vs. hiring more P5 experience and training them in his way. Seems wise to build the culture first, then as you have turnover it’s easier to acclimate additions that will come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator