Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I realize we’ve added some serious talent at WR/Ath around him, but I never want to discount a mid Fla player who’s committed. And despite the idea that he’s maybe(and potentially) been outclassed based on rating, he’s willing to fight it out with anyone. Big fan of that and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a stand out for us.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Even though we have had top 10 classes with Mullenzez before, the very fact that 16 of our 20 commits are from Florida is a great benchmark.

No one gives a damn about 5 star Cali type that enroll and then cry and run back to mommy 3 months later to the other coast.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Even though we have had top 10 classes with Mullenzez before, the very fact that 16 of our 20 commits are from Florida is a great benchmark.

No one gives a damn about 5 star Cali type that enroll and then cry and run back to mommy 3 months later to the other coast.
Retention from signing day through 3+ years of play is a huge issue. That’s all tied into team culture and buy-in and even more important in this free agency reality. Napier’s comprehensive approach will mitigate that negative attrition.

I can’t discount or criticize players who will move on for opportunity’s sake, but man I’d hate to leave a guy who connects with and invests in players like he does.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

No idea if this is up somewhere but, though long, is a pretty good look at FNL and the day after.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
No changes in commitments, but this is happy news:

Hopefully we see some more of this and I think we will. Especially any of our recruits that have large deviations in their rankings from service to service. Until proven otherwise I will "trust the coaches" on their evals and wait for the other services to rank higher.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I realize we’ve added some serious talent at WR/Ath around him, but I never want to discount a mid Fla player who’s committed. And despite the idea that he’s maybe(and potentially) been outclassed based on rating, he’s willing to fight it out with anyone. Big fan of that and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a stand out for us.
Kids a baller and got wrongfully tagged as slow because of a track time of a distance he doesn't normally run and if anyone actually looked up the race day results they would have seen everyone was slow that day. He has been pretty vocal on instagram about his 'speed' so its obvious he saw all the negative posts about him on gator boards and definitely has a chip on his shoulder. He balled out during 7on7 and I'd bet he is going to ball out this season. I dont know if he is going to remain as part of the class or not but he is probably under ranked. He actually is a good representation of our class because while the top ranked commits in our class thus far are probably ranked fairly (minus a couple weird diff's between ranking services), the bottom part looks to actually be underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator